Any New runners out there? Couch to 5k Plan?

Options
So is anyone a newbie runner like me? I am currently doing the Couch to 5k Program from www.coolrunning.com and looking for friends that share the same interest.

Anyone out there??? :)

Replies

• CoachsWife4
    CoachsWife4 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I'm a little past you - I just ran in my first 5K last weekend. :glasses: I have my second race coming up this weekend. I did use the C25K plan to get me here, though! Let me know if I can be of help! GOOOD LUCK
  • Tereztaylor07
    Options
    I am on week 7. And I literally started from the couch! I love it! I am trying to talk myself into a real 5k on October 29th, but right now I am more of a jogger than a runner, and I don't want to look like a fool lol.
  • LJ102011
    LJ102011 Posts: 110
    Options
    I am on week 3 and should have done day 3 three days ago, but I haven't yet! I think I will start week 3 over on Monday and stick to it every other day!
  • tallen3687
    tallen3687 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I tried to start it a couple of weeks ago. Life got in the way. LOL. Trying to get started again. Good Luck!
  • cecee27
    cecee27 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    YAY! I just started this week! Day 4 today! WAHOO! I feel so much better, so much more energy throughout the day!
  • MegSommer
    MegSommer Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    ACTUALLY yes. I was reading all these posts about C25K and had no idea what it was and looked it up the other day. I would like to start it and i think i could fit it in considering its only 3 days a week....i currently have a zumba class 3 times a week and im doing 30DS (day6 today). SOO lets do it.
  • gleechick609
    Options
    OMG trust me!! I am a jogger! A 3.5-4.0 jogger! I am working on my speed once I graduate from this program!!

I want to run a 5k on October 29th too. There were plenty of people who took walking breaks and such during the 5k that I just completed!
  • melbaby925
    Options
    I'm getting ready to start over - I have a tendonitis problem that is healing and I'm just starting to walk on it again after almost a week of ice and rest.

My plan is to ease back into walking a 5K with no pain and then starting C25K from week 1 and going through the program (I had only gotten to week 3 before injury struck) - as long as I have no pain, I'm going to keep going.

If you want, we can go through together, if you're a bit patient with my ankle!
  • ekball
    ekball Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I started with the Cto5K plan last year, and then switched over to the Galloway walk/run method. Ran my first 1/2 marathon in August, and my second will be on October 15th. Highly recommend Galloway training! (just google Jeff Galloway)
  • MochaBlues
    MochaBlues Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm pretty new to C25K, I've actually just finished Day2, of Week 2....I love it so far! Definitely recommend it!
  • young9
    young9 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    me, i just did workout 2 week 1 yesterday!
  • prettyfitchick
    prettyfitchick Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    You will love it but it will be hard at first I just did week 5 day 3 I felt awsome being able to at least jog for 20 min straight Day 1 was the hardest I could not even jog for the 90 sec straight So it really does work and also there is a open support group with people from there first week to there first 5K They are a great bunch and full of helpful advice
  • u2fergus
    u2fergus Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Just completed Week 5 Day 3 today, and I'm always looking for new running friends! :)
  • gleechick609
    Options
    A friend of mine in Ohio started W1D1 yesterday and she was like "omg it was hard" and I just told her "DONT GIVE UP!!" The plan does work!!

This is great! So many runners out there! I hope you guys accept my friend requests!!
  • soniyamas
    soniyamas Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I am also new to this plan. I actually started yesterday. I would love u have friend who is also doing C25K. Add me freely if u want..
  • Josedavid
    Josedavid Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    I just finished the c25k program yesterday... today I ran 5km for the first time as a rehearsal for tomorrow's 5K race and the results are: 5Km, 34min 56sec, 32Celsius and more than 30% humidity in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia, my weight 136Kg. BLOODY HELL!!
  • drblythe
    drblythe Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm starting week 6 tomorrow,

found the first weeks really tough but am starting to get into it now. can definitely feel an improvement in fitness and my general ability to breathe and run at the same time, which i used to think was impossible.

feel free to add me.

B
  • gleechick609
    Options
    I just finished the c25k program yesterday... today I ran 5km for the first time as a rehearsal for tomorrow's 5K race and the results are: 5Km, 34min 56sec, 32Celsius and more than 30% humidity in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia, my weight 136Kg. BLOODY HELL!!

THATS AWESOME!!! Congrats!! Please let me know what your official time is tomorrow!! :)
  • Seminolegirl97
    Seminolegirl97 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I am an old runner that stopped running 18 months ago. (Wow, can't believe it has been that long) I have started running again. I am signed up for a 5K on the 22nd. Stick with it, you will get that runners high especially when you go from 3 miles to 5. When you complete mile 5 you will just have the best feeling of accomplishment. Good Luck running!
  • Eat2Live2Run
    Eat2Live2Run Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to give you some more motivation. I did the C25K program from coolrunning.com also back in 2009 and I have now run over 20 races including 6 Half Marathons! Stick with it, it really does work! My ticker doesn't show it because I reset it at my new weight, but I lost 115 pounds primarily with running.