New Year, New You Challenge

Options

Replies

• Trillian73
    Trillian73 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I have a question about the miles part - should we count cycling (or stationery bike) miles, swimming, elliptical, etc. as well as walking/running miles? Just out of curiosity. :)

Lori
  • bmd1011
    bmd1011 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Finally found this :)

I would love to join! My bday is on the 11th, so this will be a great Challenge to join in and begin my 27th year with a bang!!! Anyone have a recommendation for a nice, cheap pedometer so I can record my miles??
  • GretchenReine
    GretchenReine Posts: 1,427 Member
    Options

I would love to join! My bday is on the 11th, so this will be a great Challenge to join in and begin my 27th year with a bang!!! Anyone have a recommendation for a nice, cheap pedometer so I can record my miles??

Yay! I'm glad you found it! I meant to send you the link!!! You can get a pedometer at any place like target, Wal-mart any sporting goods. I love mine but it's not a very cheap one. Mine tracks my steps/miles per hour per day. I actually upload my data and it will show me what I've done and when since I got this thing. My son wants me to invest in one for him.

Not that the end date was planned...I really did pick 12 weeks initially...but it ends on the 9th which is my birthday. I'm way past your 27 though!!!

We've moved the start date up from the 17th to the 10th! I wasn't sure if you saw that or not!
  • GretchenReine
    Options
    I have a question about the miles part - should we count cycling (or stationery bike) miles, swimming, elliptical, etc. as well as walking/running miles? Just out of curiosity. :)

Lori

Count all of it! Walking, swimming, running, biking, etc. I wear my pedometer all day every day and count all of my steps. It makes me pay attention big time! :-)

Gretchen
  • jlemoore
    jlemoore Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Gretchen... so tonight I did 35 minutes on my stationary bike... I did 20 bike miles.. so I convert my stationary bike miles into walking miles which would be 5 or 6 or do I say I did 20 miles on the bike, so I get 20 towards the goal of 175?
  • mom2nate08
    mom2nate08 Posts: 299 Member
    Options

Yay! I'm glad you found it! I meant to send you the link!!! You can get a pedometer at any place like target, Wal-mart any sporting goods. I love mine but it's not a very cheap one. Mine tracks my steps/miles per hour per day. I actually upload my data and it will show me what I've done and when since I got this thing. My son wants me to invest in one for him.

Not that the end date was planned...I really did pick 12 weeks initially...but it ends on the 9th which is my birthday. I'm way past your 27 though!!!

We've moved the start date up from the 17th to the 10th! I wasn't sure if you saw that or not!
    gkeith - What kind of pedometer do you have? I like the idea of uploading the data!
  • GretchenReine
    Options
    Gretchen... so tonight I did 35 minutes on my stationary bike... I did 20 bike miles.. so I convert my stationary bike miles into walking miles which would be 5 or 6 or do I say I did 20 miles on the bike, so I get 20 towards the goal of 175?

LOL Ok, now your getting technical on me! Personally, I didn't know there was a difference. How do you convert it to "walking" miles. I would think this one was up to you! To me, a mile is a mile. If you're up for more of a challenge...and want to do more work...you'd put the 5 or 6 miles. But I don't think you'd be wrong doing the 20.

I wonder if anyone else has any thoughts???
  • Olivia9636
    Options
    Hi I have just joined this site and would love to join this challenge if possible?

Thanks
    Olivia
  • genene111
    genene111 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Hello:) I'm new too and would really like to join this group, is it to late?
    I'm really like the idea of the group support:)
    - Gigi
  • GretchenReine
    Options
    Hi I have just joined this site and would love to join this challenge if possible?

Thanks
    Olivia

Definitely! Weigh in is on Monday and we're in this for the long haul! 13 weeks! We have a great group here! I will send you a friend request!
  • GretchenReine
    Options
    Hello:) I'm new too and would really like to join this group, is it to late?
    I'm really like the idea of the group support:)
    - Gigi

It's never too late! Welcome aboard Gigi! I love seeing our numbers grow! I will send you a friend request!
  • GretchenReine
    Options

gkeith - What kind of pedometer do you have? I like the idea of uploading the data!

I have the OMRON pocket pedometer. http://www.bing.com/shopping/omron-pocket-pedometer-pc-version-1-ea/p/EE568861CCD3D4C749BA?q=omron+pedometer&lpq=omron pedometer&FORM=HURE

It's wonderful because it will give me reports on my steps by hour, by day, by week...whatever I want. It also tracks your steps based on your speed and lets you know how many of them were aerobic, calorie burning steps. I really think it's worth the investment. I've been using mine every day for about 6 weeks now I think.
  • Mr_240
    Mr_240 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
  • GretchenReine
    Options
    I'm in!

Awesome! Welcome aboard!!!
  • PoshTaush
    PoshTaush Posts: 1,247
    Options
    Can I join? :0) I'm excited to do this! 2 miles per day?? I can do it! :0)
  • GretchenReine
    Options
    Can I join? :0) I'm excited to do this! 2 miles per day?? I can do it! :0)

Of course! Welcome to the club!!! :-) Our starting weigh in is on Monday!!!
  • Zeeba30
    Options
    I'm in too
  • GretchenReine
    Options
    I'm in too

Awesome! I'll send you a friend request! I post the link to the spreadsheet on my wall so people can see it and/or update it!

Yayyyy for Monday!!! :-)
  • 2befit1
    2befit1 Posts: 26
    Options
    Ready for the Challenge to start!!
  • 2befit1
    2befit1 Posts: 26
    Options
    I can't figure out the spreadsheet please help!!