People Avoider

Options
2»

Replies

• PrincessStubbie
    PrincessStubbie Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Every time people argue on MFP, a baby giraffe dies.

Bwaaaaaa ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!

Serious though,
    For me, co-workers are the hardest to be around...because they're not exercising or trying to eat better they don't want to hear about your progress and they always are waiting for you to fail or give up or they watch what you eat and/or drink and become very hypercritical...the best thing I find is the less people that know, the better...
  • kallico
    kallico Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    i think working on oneself makes you vulnerable. Avoiding social interactions is a protective impulse ... at least thats what im finding in my journey. so i set up catch up dates ( walking the beach with a friend, coffee ) and make sure i go out, socially, once a week. Not only does this keep my confidence up, but allows me to see that i can blend my new lifestyle with the "real world".
  • firedragon064
    firedragon064 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Are you using you weight as an excuse not to social and be around people?
    You are still who you are whether you are big or small. Except you will be more healthy and can do more physical stuff once
    you lose weight.

I do stop hang out with people who would jeapardy my weight loss on purpose or not.
  • quizzyrascal
    quizzyrascal Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I know exactly how you feel and do the same. I consider myself to be lying low rather than actively avoiding everyone. some people can be sabatours by pushing drink or food onto you often without any idea how much of problem that can present, and it is only self preservation to keep them at arms length. And of course that ta dah moment will be all the sweeter for being a suprise. Lots of luck with your journey and I hope you find the support you want.
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    I found that my friends constant compliments on my continual loss and asking about what I was doing helped keep me motivated to keep losing. My friends love me for who I am and didn't care when I was overweight and don't care that I've lost the weight. They're just my friends and are proud of me and happy for me because I'm proud and happy.

The only difference between overweight me and skinnier me is that I'm not as shy about having my pic taken by my camera happy friends. lol