C25K: Rejoice with me!

Options
Week 9, Day 1: 30 min run. 5k. Done.

Nine weeks ago I was dizzy and sick and praying for a quick, merciful death after a few repetitions of one minute running.
Tonight I went a touch beyond 5k in my alloted time.

My knees are killing me, I feel a little sick in a strange and not altogether unpleasant way, I stink and I don't know where my body is finding the fluid to keep sweating, but I did it. I have gone from couch to 5k.

YOU HEAR ME, WORLD? (you know who you are) I DID IT! YEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

Edit: AND I did it two days early, AND I had to run into the wind. So nyah.

Replies

• rachela99
    rachela99 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am struggling through starting week 2 now. I applaud you, and couldn't possibly be prouder of someone I don't know. WAY TO GO!!
  • sadlazarus
    Options
    Rachela99, you can. If I did, you can.
    Just keep putting one foot in front of the other. I swear, in week two I was doing a funny kind of running movement but it was a plodding, heavy thing. I promise you you can do it, just don't fear the struggle.
  • scapez
    scapez Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    I'll be doing W4D2 shortly. D1 about killed me!!! :laugh:

Congrats on your accomplishment!
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    This is excellent. Well done, you!
  • DKing33
    DKing33 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you! Cheers
  • jlc1243
    jlc1243 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Excellent! Nice dedication!
  • kennethmgreen
    kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    Nice job.
  • melbaby925
    Options
    Congratulations! I'm in week 1, and this is much needed inspiration.
  • Jaytee79
    Jaytee79 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Congratulations and thank you for inspiring me to continue. Tommorow morning is my last run of week 1....and I'm terrified to continue on. I am not a runner....yet....
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Nice job, I just did my W9D1 last night myself, I'm not quite at the distance yet, but I figure I'll worry more about that once I finish the last 2 runs. :drinker:
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    Congratulations...you are turning yourself into an athlete one workout at a time :)
  • RAQUELINATOVAR
    RAQUELINATOVAR Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    that is truely an accomplishment you should be proud of.
  • PlunderBunneh
    PlunderBunneh Posts: 1,705 Member
    Options
    You are awesome!!
    I just finished up W5D2, and I'm so nervous about the 20 minutes of running on D3. I killed 15 minutes on Tuesday, but today just barely had two rotations of 8 in me.
    Way to go, and thanks for the motivation :)
  • TourThePast
    TourThePast Posts: 1,753 Member
    Options
    Well done, you should be proud of yourself. :)
  • cragglecat
    cragglecat Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Fantastic - well done. I'm on Week 3 run 3 tomorrow, it is amazing how quickly your fitness seems to improve with this brilliant programme. Congratulations again and I hope I can post a similar message in the future!
  • NinjaMonkey201
    Options
    That's fantastic! Congrats. I started it, made it through week 1, and then had to take a temporary break due to a root canal. I can't wait to get started again.
  • navywifeandmomof4
    navywifeandmomof4 Posts: 958 Member
    Options
    WTG!!! I'm right behind you just did W7D2..
  • katieruns
    Options
    I've got W4D2 to complete tomorrow morning. I did suprisingly OK on W4D1 and I felt awesome!!! I can't wait to be where you are!!!

Congrats on the last run!!! You are awesome!!!!
  • MisterDubs303
    MisterDubs303 Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You should be very proud.

I am in w4 right now. I've had to lengthen the walks in between by a couple of minutes, but I've done the runs. I'm always intimidated by the next level, and they do practically kill me the first time, but I'm always amazed that by the 3rd time it's not so bad. It's incredible how fast we grow and improve!
  • dshalbert
    dshalbert Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Congratulations and thank you for inspiring me to continue. Tommorow morning is my last run of week 1....and I'm terrified to continue on. I am not a runner....yet....

If you've completed week 1, you are a runner . . .already:smile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!