Christmas Countdown Challenge (Closed) - Week #11

Options

Replies

• Neize
    Neize Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Ody, my oldest son is starting to make some progress towards recovering from pneumonia. I am hoping he will get to come home from the hospital sometime next week. He still has few more hurdles to get over first. Finally after 2+ weeks of a fever he has been fever free for almost 48 hours.:bigsmile: I got to see him smile yesterday for the first time in like 3 weeks. Thank you for all the prayers and well wishes. I am headed for bed. Good night. :)

So happy he's doing better!!! :bigsmile:
  • MelL1205
    MelL1205 Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    CW: 160.6 :grumble: I know, I know, it's only a gain of like 0.6pounds, but it still irks me just a little. Will do better and WOW everybody next week now that I'm healthy again! :smooched: :heart:
  • Nita_Bita
    Nita_Bita Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    CW: 167.0
    Everyone have a great weekend!
  • azeria
    azeria Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

I've been kind of missing in action for a while I know. I've been going through a lot of personal difficulty in the last little while. I'm finding that I don't have the coping skills that I need to deal with my situation. I have asked for help but have to wait for my appointment. Meanwhile I am just trying to breath and simply keep my head above water.

I have given myself a really busy schedule at work. It helps to get me by, if I'm busy I don't think. I am just trying to do my best to take things one day at a time. I am finding myself exhauted and out of energy most of the time. But I'm hanging in there and hoping for no more drama. I really need a break from all of this.
  • SSampley
    SSampley Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I have had an crazy week, very stresseful and nuts! I have forced myself to eat, made myself work out and pushed harder than I really had before and I kid you not I freaked out this morning!! I got on the scale and got off...got back on and looked...got off again...and then got back on..looked and called for my husband to come look..I then made him get on the scale and tell me if he thought his weight was weird..he said no so I made him get back off and I got back on and it said....

CW: 163......that is a 3lb difference from last week!!! :laugh: :cry: :laugh: I have no idea what happened but I will take it!!! :bigsmile:
  • johanna_elaine
    Options
    Angie I'm so glad to hear ody is making positive progress!! I pray he continues to improve and returns home soon!!

Azeria Im sad you are having such personal struggles. I wish you all the best and as I've told you before if you need to talk I'm here!

How's everyone doing today ? Things are getting back on track over here. I will admit I haven't got back in the excersise tran yet, but one thing at a time
  • caitlinlws
    caitlinlws Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    just checking in! I finally got fed up with my gains after last week and have been really good these last few days....under my calories or less than 100 cals over (rather than 500 or 600 over) every day!!! I also broke back out the wii fit, even though I really hate the groaning noises it makes when you stand on it...haha

the accountability/logging everything part of this challenge has helped me IMMENSELY :)
  • johanna_elaine
    Options
    Ohh and I definatley think another challenge after this one is done!!! I love this group!
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    I'm actually under 220! Weighed in today at 219 yay-smiley.gif?1292867704. Just wanted to share.

How is everyone liking Pilates? I'm going to try them tonight :huh: Will see how it goes. Hope everyone had a good week.
  • NeuroticVirgo
    Options
    WHO IS YOUR INSPIRATION? And better yet.... Why?

Its always hard to just pick one person, there is so many inspiring people out there. ya know?
  • pinkita
    pinkita Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    Ody, my oldest son is starting to make some progress towards recovering from pneumonia. I am hoping he will get to come home from the hospital sometime next week. He still has few more hurdles to get over first. Finally after 2+ weeks of a fever he has been fever free for almost 48 hours.:bigsmile: I got to see him smile yesterday for the first time in like 3 weeks. Thank you for all the prayers and well wishes. I am headed for bed. Good night. :)

Thank God!! Glad to hear this :)
  • NeuroticVirgo
    Options

Thank God!! Glad to hear this :)

That is great news! Hoping his recovery goes smoothly from here on out!
  • meggers123
    meggers123 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    WHO IS YOUR INSPIRATION? And better yet.... Why?

hmm... before I found MFP, my mom was one of my inspirations (she's lost 25 lbs with WW), as well as my father who got in better shape a few years ago, and my fit sisters who have both run a marathon!

I'm also inspired by so many MFPers who have made such big changes in their lives and look fabulous! Especially two of my first friends jennw10 and cartern1.

And you guys of course :flowerforyou:
  • phoenix113
    phoenix113 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    What a crazy week. I had a out of town training that had me trying to find healthy foods a restaurants I never heard of (much less have ni on their web pages). However the training gave me a lot more confidence in certain aspects of my job, so I think it was a good thing. We will see what the scale says next week. My gains usually show up a week or so after my bad choices. Hope everyone had a great week!!
    cw 207.5
  • kckramp
    kckramp Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    CW 153.8
    Another pound, another step closer to my goal.
    Hope everyone has a great weekend.
    Angie I am so glad your son is making progress, that is great news and I will continue to keep him in my prayers.
  • yramesor333
    Options
    sorry seems everytime i get motivated and back on track something happens !!! husbands in hospital, this is why havent been on :(
    main concern right now is infection and blood clots ,please keep him in ur prayers !!! thank you. back to hospital i go .
    CW 207
  • johanna_elaine
    Options
    CW:186.8!!!!!!
    Lost everything I gained last week except .1 !!
    I can see the 170's in my near future !!

It's another beautiful Saturday morning in Louisiana and like every single Saturday I'm stuck at work looking out the windows wishing I could be outside.

We went bowling last night its such great cardio! And I behaved instead of getting pizza or greasy burger I got a meat pie with fries( which I ended up giving half the order to my friends husband) and instead of drinking beer with everyone else I had my first soda of the day! Bigg accomplishments for me! And it showed when I weighed in this am!
  • kthom
    kthom Posts: 175
    Options
    160 this morning. Lost almost all that I gained while out of town last week. Maybe there will soon be an actual loss next week.
  • azeria
    azeria Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    CW: 196
  • PositivePower
    PositivePower Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    Happy weekend! Well on top of my food show this week I had to conduct Sara Lee presentations yesteday!!!!! Showing Pecan, Apple and Boston Cream pie along with some other desserts! I only had 3 bites total! Then I went to breakfast and had Eggs Benedict (sauce on the side) with potatoes!!!! I am so fine with that...I logged it all and didn't eat much for dinner or lunch. Got home super tired since I left the house at 5am.....forced myself to the gym and felt sooooo proud and actually had some energy once I was done!

Today is running..I missed my last class. We moved up to running for 4 mins!!!! :indifferent: Not too sure about that but I will do my best!

GennyBunny ~ Happy Thanksgiving! I am so glad we have a while until that challenge!

Nevermorex ~ Wow the meds thing is awful...it's like you are doing your best but have no control! So glad you are feeling better, just keep making good choices and it will catch up with you!

Angie ~ So glad you and your family are on the way to getting better! Hugs to your wonderful son.

Yramesor333 ~ Sorry to hear about your husband!!!! I will be thinking of you guys :flowerforyou: Try to pack some good snacks...you know how that hospital food can be!!!!! Hang in there - we will be here when yo need us!!

AZ ~ Gosh so sorry to hear about your stress and drama. That can really bring you down! Glad you are putting in some extra hours to keep busy. Can you use some of that time to work out. It might not be what you want to do but it will really help you get rid of some stress. Maybe Kickboxing!!!!!!! I love that!I Remeber this won't last forever!!!!

Good losses coming in!!! Good Job guys!!!! Hey since we have been together for awhile now and hopefully after this challenge too can we share our first names???? It really makes it easier for shout outs :drinker:

I am up alittle....I was good with all the challenges I had this week, I know it will drop right off so I am cool with it. It's all part of the game or journey as we call it :wink:

CW 187.6

Judy :glasses: