X-Mas Challenge (OPEN group)

Options

Replies

• eabutterfly
    eabutterfly Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    ARGHH!! I don't knw why this happens.....soon as I start working out and eating healthy again, my weight shoots up! GRAR!!! The scale this morning says I gained 4lbs in a week....... :-( Am I eating at the wrong times or not working ot enough??? So frustrated right now!
  • knight76306
    knight76306 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    eabutterlfy - Are you weighing & measuring your food? Start a new exercise program? Any thing can affect you weight. I'm betting it's only temporary and will come off quickly.

I know for me when I don't drink enough water, I retain water. If I eat "white food" rice, pasta, etc I gain immediately, but it's water. So, don't panic, just think it through.
  • eabutterfly
    eabutterfly Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Yeah since Saturday I've been really careful about what I eat and I have been trying t work out more intensely (I have TurboFire). I only am doing it 3 days this week to see how my body reacts to doing it more than 2x a week...it's HARD! I've gotten all the way down to 264 this year, but now I'm back up to 274. It's so frustrating...should i focus on my intensity or length of workouts?
  • carrotsandcherries
    Options
    I think you should focus more on the intensity of a workout rather than the lengh. If you workout too long chances are the second half of the workout you're going to be bored, tired, and fudging it.
  • retrobaby
    retrobaby Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    eabutterfly- Are you drinking plenty of water and watching sodium?

For the food challenge I bought Black Bean Vegan burgers. I amhoping to getting around to eating them before Friday. I love black beans but have never had it as a burger. I will let you know how it goes.
  • ymachick
    ymachick Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    ARGHH!! I don't knw why this happens.....soon as I start working out and eating healthy again, my weight shoots up! GRAR!!! The scale this morning says I gained 4lbs in a week....... :-( Am I eating at the wrong times or not working ot enough??? So frustrated right now!

I ALWAYS weigh more the morning after I work out, especially if it's weight training (vs. just cardio). I've learned to live with my fluctuations since I cannot change them, even if they frustrate me. I can fluctuate +/- 4 pounds on any given day, which can be emotionally frustrating. I just try to stay the course (for me that means low-carb, 1200ish calories and as many work-outs as I can make myself do per week-usually 3-4) and keep the long term goal in mind. Good luck! You can work through it.

PS: I'm in my early 40's so each and every ounce lost is a hard battle won.
  • zoe4friends
    zoe4friends Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Weigh- in tomorrow :-)
  • retrobaby
    Options

YES, Are we ready???
  • zoe4friends
    zoe4friends Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    We are definitely ready :-) Good luck to everyone
  • mobskee
    mobskee Posts: 200
    Options

YES, Are we ready???

Can't wait to wake up :bigsmile:
  • elcar7
    elcar7 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Sorry for Being this late with posting for this weeks weigh in (Internet problems)

dG9kbzVNX0thN1pXS0ZDOHhQX1dVWmc6MQ

How has everyone been doing?
  • skarr28
    skarr28 Posts: 98
    Options
    I'm in! Exciting! Yaay! :laugh: :happy: :drinker:

Feel free to add me :flowerforyou:
  • retrobaby
    Options
    Just weighed in and I LOST!!! Oh Yeah!
  • retrobaby
    Options
    Sorry for Being this late with posting for this weeks weigh in (Internet problems)

dG9kbzVNX0thN1pXS0ZDOHhQX1dVWmc6MQ

How has everyone been doing?

No apologies needed. I appreciate you organizing and taking lead of this challenge.
  • GownleyC2
    GownleyC2 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I was wondering if it is too late to join in the fun! I entered my SW and GW in the chart.
  • kaklum
    kaklum Posts: 2
    Options
    If it is not too late, I want to join, too.

I just entered my weight
  • ukyo999
    ukyo999 Posts: 26
    Options
    I gained this week but I'm still sticking with the challenge
  • mbobo1162
    mbobo1162 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm in. Just need to know how to send you the info.
  • janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    Options

Thanks for sending the link.. I hope it is the right one - it looked like German...:smile: