X-Mas Challenge (OPEN group)

Options

Replies

• knt32
    knt32 Posts: 61
    Options
    Has anyone of you taken pictures of themselves at the start of this challenge?

I think I'm going to take them today, so I have something to compare at Christmas :)
    As well I'm going to take my measurements, since they are going to be further motivation to me.

And yes, the challenge is still open :)

i took pics (scary!!! :sad: ) & measurements yesterday. I am going to take new pics & measurements every 10 day or so for motivation
  • movn4ward
    movn4ward Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    My motivation is that I have a personal challenge going with a family member as well as my dream jeans (and a holiday party dress) hanging on my wall. I have done better with the eating since joining the group.
    I remind myself that I don't have any excuses because I have an elliptical at home. I haven't taken ANY before pictures of my body, but I think I will this weekend. It will be nice to see side by side the improvement come December.
    I recommend everyone do measurements because those often change even when the scale doesn't, especially if doing resistance or strength training. Continued success to everyone!!!
  • jvinmill
    jvinmill Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    My biggest motivation at the moment is just for a thinner, better looking me. I am alternating days of 30 Day Shred and Bridge to 10K. Although I usually do take 1 to 2 days off per week. Last night was an unplanned night off and my first BAD night in a long time. Need to make a today a great day and recover. Paying the price this morning. I feel like crap!

I didn't take pictures... I have some clothed pictures around my heaviest that I will use for my before and after success story. But, I do take my measurements regularly. There was a long time when the scale wasn't budging, but I kept losing inches and I found that to be very encouraging.

Right now, I am looking forward to making the next few days great days and having a good weigh-in on Friday. :)
  • puzwuz1
    Options
    I want in! Will fill out form and start this week. Feel free to add me as a friend if anyone would like =)
  • actresskat
    actresskat Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Hi, I've just filled in the form. Hoping to lose 20lbs by Xmas. Got a Xmas party to go to on the 22nd - meeting my partner's colleagues for the first time so have the motivation to do well on this!! Thanks for leaving it open so I can take part!
  • I took some quick before stomach pictures, but will probably never post them because I'm not too comfortable with that.

I probably should take my measurements because sometimes inches will change while the scale stays the same and its better to see inches than to get discouraged by no scale movement.
  • blueeyes25s
    blueeyes25s Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I would like to join, if I still can!
  • ymachick
    ymachick Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hi, I just found this group today and would like to join. I already weigh in each Friday so I'll put my weight from last Friday on the google form and take it from there.
    Just to confirm, we submit the form each Friday so you have all our data in one place, correct?

Looking forward to the challenge! :wink:

SW: 233 (April 2010)
    CW: 191
    Goal by Christmas: 165
    End Goal: 150 lbs or size 8 whichever works best. :)
  • knight76306
    knight76306 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Count me in! Just filled out the form.

Just what I need to keep me on track! I've been getting side tracked lately.
  • Lindsey_81
    Lindsey_81 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I am not sure I want to take pics but measurements are a great idea I think I will do that today!
  • IrishAngelBlessing
    Options
    I want to join!!

CW: 173
    GW: 130
  • elcar7
    elcar7 Posts: 124 Member
    Options

Just to confirm, we submit the form each Friday so you have all our data in one place, correct?

exactly

I didn't mean for everyone to post the pics (except you decide to) but to have them for you and your personal motivation.
    (I'm not sure wheter to post them or not either)
  • actresskat
    Options
    I've taken pictures too - for personal use and I think it's really important, mostly to show progress but also to accept how you currently look so you tap into the power to change it. I'm not pleased with how I look (and jeez the camera does make it worse!) but then I'll probably feel happy showing them when I'm at or near my goal weight. They won't hold any emotional power then as the pictures won't look anything like me but another person entirely - one I've left behind in the past. I strongly encourage people to take before and afters so you can be proud of what you've achieved!
  • IrishAngelBlessing
    Options
    Hello-

Today I did C25K on treadmill at the gym, 4.4 jogging and 3.4 walking for 30 min. , I walked at 3.5 for the last 15 minutes after. Totals: 2.7 miles in 45 min. Calories burned 280. Later this afternoon, I will do 30DS.

I really want to lose weight for Christmas so I will feel confident when I go to my husband's office party. Heck, I just want to feel confident period. My background is that I'm 48 and 5 ft 3 inches In reading peoples bios, I realized that I am at the same weight now that I was when I was 8 months pregnant years ago. :noway:

Anyway, I am seeing this through to the end. Feel free to add me as a friend.:flowerforyou:
  • actresskat
    Options
    Hi, my partner's work Xmas do on the 22nd is motivation for me as well! :smile:
  • brlandr1
    brlandr1 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Iam new to MFP, but would love to join this group! Gives me motivation I need. However, the link with the form to fill out is not working. Any other options for form?

& Hello Everyone! Im brittney! Trying to lose at least 20 pounds with this challenge! Good luck to everyone
  • eabutterfly
    eabutterfly Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hey I am sooooooooooo here! I would love to participate and I def need some motivation and some new friends! Let's GET IT!
  • Chaosdrone
    Options
    334 for starting weight my goal is 300ish for christmas
  • Mzcole185
    Mzcole185 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hello I would like to join the challenge.
  • jvinmill
    jvinmill Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Weigh-in tomorrow!!! :D:D