C25K: Rejoice with me!

13»

Replies

• thirtyandthriving
    thirtyandthriving Posts: 613 Member
    Week 6 day 3 tomorrow. We will see.
  • KayakAngel
    KayakAngel Posts: 397 Member
    Awesome job! And thanks for your post! I'm doing Week5/Day2 tomorrow, which is a little scary, but I AM terrified of the 20 minute run on Day 3. Thanks for the encouragement! Every week of C25K, I look at what I'm expected to run, and I always think No Way. But it's never as bad as I think it will be. I've signed up for the Nashville Zombie Buffet 5K on October 29, which is when I'm scheduled to finish the C25K program. Can't wait, and hope I can run fast enough to not get eaten by zombies. Congrats on your success!
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Congratulations!

I hope to post the same thing soon. I would have been graduating c25k this week I think. But I got sick and jumped back to week 5 when I was on week 7. Now, week 7 again.
  • shaynes14
    shaynes14 Posts: 106 Member
    Congratulations!!! Thanks so much for writing the truth. I really want to learn how to run and on days when I am scheduled to run, I find myself filled with dread. So far I have stuck with it and should complete week 3 tomorrow. I have been searching threads on this topic, and most comments are so positive that I am wondering if I am the only one that is struggling with the runs as they get longer. As I am struggling, I keep telling myself that I want to be a runner and it seems to get me thru. Thanks for not sugar coating the process. But you also make it sound so worth it! Hope to hear about your last run!
  • Givemewings
    Givemewings Posts: 864 Member
    Fantastic!
  • Congrats.. Im def impressed! I just did week 8 day 2 Today! I've been doing it on the treadmill w/o any problems! I really dont mind it at all but today I attempted to run at the park & I only got thru 10 mins b4 my legs/feet were killing me! So my question is.. Did u do it on the streets or treadmill?!? Im hoping that by next week i'll be able to run 3 full miles in 30 mins. Rite now im doing 11 minute miles so we'll see if I can do it! I have come a long way too.. Just 8 weeks ago I could barely run for 90 seconds ;)

I don't own a treadmill, but I know just as I know night follows day that I wouldn't use one if I bought it. Nor could I use one at a gym. It's psychological I'm sure, but I couldn't convince myself I'd run a mile without actually leaving the spot. Not knocking treadmills or ellipticals but they're not for me.
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    That is AWESOME!!! I am thinking about doing a 5K. I did one about 5 years ago through a similar program, but have put on a lot of weight since then. I have a question. Did you consistently lose weight through your couch to 5k program? For some reason I have it in my head that running is going to give me huge leg muscles and stall my weight loss progress but this may or may not be based in reality. lol

Anyway, huge congrats to you! What an accomplishment.

That will NOT happen!! You will feel stronger and shed pounds (assuming you're eating healthy etc etc). Look around and try to find a runner with huge legs lol..they're all skinny :) Running burns roughly 10 cal/minute. That's a great burn.
  • cararq
    cararq Posts: 457 Member
    You're amazing! :smile:
    I especially liked the "nyah". :laugh:
  • Way to go!!! I am doing W6D2 tonight. I made it through W5D3 better than I thought I would, but we'lls see how I do on D3 this week, lol.

My goal is to run the Princess 5K in February and not have a "walker's time".
  • Eatone1
    Eatone1 Posts: 105 Member
    Fantastic!! Congratulations on your accomplishments! I'm just a few weeks behind you. What's next oh great runner?? :wink:
  • Oh man, I started it this week and I also was praying for a quick and merciful death. You are an inspiration, I do, indeed, rejoice with you!!! =0)
  • Congratulations! I've just started, I have week 2 day 3 tomorrow evening and I'm finding it tough. You must be very proud of yourself it's an amazing accomplishment!
  • i'm on W7D2 -- i ran last night, and might even run again today! i hate running, but you really get to like it. and to everyone in the early program -- a month ago, i couldn't run 90s straight without being winded. this program WORKS and it's efficient!! i can see the changes in my body as i continue to run and eat healthlier.
  • kimmyj74
    kimmyj74 Posts: 223 Member
    HEYYYYYYYYYYYYY
    VERY HAPPY FOR YOU!!!!!!.:bigsmile:
  • MsMonny
    MsMonny Posts: 183
    WOW!

Thank you sooo much for writing this post. I am will be doing W2D3 tomorrow and actually wonder if I will be able to do the 20 min straight in the future. I started in Jan but gave up after a week because my muscles in my thighs just couldn't cope with the jogging and I was soooo out of breath, it gave me stitches. Fast forward to now, after joining a gym a couple of months ago, and my leg muscles are stronger and more able to withstand the jogging. I am fitter and don't get stitches anymore.

I can't wait to run again. I use to run when I was in my 20's and it was an amazing feeling. I hated the first 10 mins, the struggle to get the breath under control and the legs to pump the pavement but after that, wow, I was in the zone and felt like I could run/jog for ever!! THATS how I want to feel again.

You are truly an inspiration and have shown that, yes, it is bloody hard BUT we can ALL do it, if we put our minds to it.

One thing I have learnt from the gym is that 'CAN'T' is not a word. We/I CAN do this - like you said, just put one foot infront of the other!

Looking forward to hearing more from your running posts!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!