Find our your happy weight

Options

Replies

• kassandra81
    Options
    So I went to the site, and it says my goal weight should be 128.
    My goal weight is 145. That's quite the difference!
  • czechsmate
    czechsmate Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    hmm...it gives me a happy weight of 132 but I am shooting for 125, I guess I will have to wait and see!
  • ABetterBalance
    Options
    It gave me a happy weight of 133. I'd say that's pretty accurate. It's not my goal weight, but I maintained in the 130's for a long time and was (mostly) happy with it.
  • Kristhin
    Kristhin Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Mine says 125. Sounds about right to me. I'm 134 right now, but not as thin as I'd like to be so 125 would be nice.
  • KBGirts
    KBGirts Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    Cool!!! I realize this may just be an estimate, but mine turned out to be 133. I always thought my perfect weight would be around 140, but I always wondered if 135 would still be healthy. I hope to find out soon!!!
  • RMinVA
    RMinVA Posts: 1,085 Member
    Options
    Oddly enough it came out to what I would like to be...145. Whether or not I can hit that # again remains to be seen!! It's been a long time!!
  • Angie789
    Angie789 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    It did work out pretty close to where I'm headed (my goal weight is 145, this calculation says my "happy weight" is 142), but I don't buy it as a useful tool for all women. Too many variables that it doesn't account for.
  • countrydarling1
    countrydarling1 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    tHANK YOU FOR SHARING THIS! iT SAID MY HAPPY WEIGHT WOULD BE 155.11, WHICH IS 5LBS LESS THAN MY GOAL WEIGHT! wOOO HOO!! CANT WAIT TO BE MY HIGH SCHOOL SIZE!!
  • _Ben
    _Ben Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    Very Very odd. 145.5 lbs, and the goal weight that I had just picked out of a hat when I started was 145 lbs. Only 7.5 more to go!
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    Ah 143lbs??

I wasn't that light since grade school.

None of these calculators seem to account for someone that lift weights.

I'm 5 7" 179lbs 32-33 waist. Male
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Hm, mine came to 150 - which might be a possibility - that's still 35 pounds away so we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.
  • Blackthorne99
    Blackthorne99 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Here's the link I used (since the other one doesn't seem to be working): http://www.self.com/calculatorsprograms/calculators/happyweight

It puts me at 108.4. That's about 10 lbs lighter than my current goal weight, so we'll see when I get there. I do believe I have a small frame as I wear an XS helmet (motorcycle), but if I use "medium frame" then it says 114lbs.
  • MunchMonster
    MunchMonster Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Mine was exactly what my goal is!! :D
  • rachelleahsmom
    rachelleahsmom Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I think its accurate for some..but not for others..for me its pretty accurate..considering I am over 40 and have kids..its amazing how kids adds 5 pounds..LOL

Too bad we don't get 5 pounds for each kid!
  • rachelleahsmom
    rachelleahsmom Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    My weight is perfect.

But, I'm too short.

Me, too! By about 6 inches...
  • kamk16
    kamk16 Posts: 205
    Options
    bump I may want to pass this on so I better bookmark it:)
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    interesting formula. mine came to less than my goal weight of 170, but exactly on my current weight of 167.5 lbs. what a curious formula :-)
  • Blackthorne99
    Blackthorne99 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I don't like the whole "add such and such if you have obese parents or kids, etc" Just because your parents are fat and you had kids doesn't mean you can be fat and it's ok b/c it's your 'happy weight'

Self.com, I am disapointed.

The # I got is within the 10lb range of where my goal is (got 136) but even still.

It only adds 1 lb to your happy weight for having kids, and there is actually a logic behind that.

While I've never been pregnant, I *have* been morbidly obese, and one of the pieces of information the doctors gave us was that for every hundred pounds you were overweight, your body creates an additional 6 lbs of extra blood vessels and connective tissue which doesn't go away. (You have to have a blood supply to feed that extra tissue & hold it in place)

Considering the amount of extra weight that most women gain during pregnancy, it makes sense that someone who has had a baby would have created an additional pound or so of blood vessels and connective tissue as well.
  • ivyjbres
    ivyjbres Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Mine said 157. I remember that still being slightly chunky for me...
  • bllowry
    bllowry Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Mine worked out to be 126.9; my goal is 140, which is a nice lean weight for me. I look a bit gaunt under 10 stone, though I have been as low as 7 stone 5 pounds at a rather low time in my life.