Graduated from C25K today!!! Week 9- Day 3 DONE!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• MissMollieK
    MissMollieK Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Yes...congrats! I just did W4D2 yesterday and still can't fathom being able to run a whole 5k!!! :smile:
    What is W4D2?
  • sadlazarus
    Options
    Great effort, and well done for staying the course.
    Are you gonna Bridge to 10k?
  • AriesEarth
    AriesEarth Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Yes...congrats! I just did W4D2 yesterday and still can't fathom being able to run a whole 5k!!! :smile:
    What is W4D2?

Week 4 Day 2 of the C25K (Couch to 5K) program.
  • toque_de_miel
    toque_de_miel Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Incredible work, J!!!

now you definitely qualify as a warrior even though you have been the entire time!! xD
  • KayakAngel
    KayakAngel Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Awesome post! I just finished week5/day2, like just got off the treadmill, and I'm really scared of the next day, the 20 min run. But I get what you're saying about it sometimes being easier to just keep running without stopping. I hope that's the case for me Sunday. I've signed up for a 5K at the end of the month, and that race will be my week9/day3 final run. Nervous, but excited! Congrats on what you've accomplished! :)
  • j_courter
    j_courter Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    you'll do fine! it is really more mental than physical! once i broke the 12 minute mark, i got my second wind... it felt so great to stand at the finish line and think, "yeah, i just DID do that!"

best wishes on your 5k! :-) by the way, i want to jump into your picture! that looks like a blast!
  • j_courter
    Options
    Just finished W4D2 this morning. End of next week is scaring the tar out of me!! OMGoodness!!!

you'll do fine! while i'm not going to say it's easy, it was certainly more mental than physical for me! after that run i hated going back to broken up runs... it was easier not to stop!!! crazy, i know, but true! your body gets into a groove and you just run. you'll do fine! if you listen to music you like, be sure to pick some songs near the end that will keep you pumped up! :-)
  • j_courter
    Options
    Great effort, and well done for staying the course.
    Are you gonna Bridge to 10k?

i'm not sure yet. i'll have to look in to it. that might be something to consider. have you done it?
  • linbee83
    linbee83 Posts: 144
    Options
    :flowerforyou: I'm so proud of you! But all I can think is, what's going to happen to our little group!! :sad:
  • j_courter
    Options
    :flowerforyou: I'm so proud of you! But all I can think is, what's going to happen to our little group!! :sad:

don't be sad! we'll still be mfp friends! maybe we can think of another challenge to do together?!
  • fitnfreeme
    fitnfreeme Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    How awesome to read this. Yesterday I had the 20 min run, but I had to stop at 15, walk for five and then finish the remaining five. I'm really pleased to read that this program has worked so well for you. Congrats on this NSV warriors!
  • carstar835
    Options
    i;m on week 3 day 2. this was sooo inspiring!
  • j_courter
    Options
    i'm so happy to hear that many of you were inspired to give c25k a shot, or to press on! congrats to all of you. i hope you enjoy the journey as much as i have!
  • ccpowers
    ccpowers Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    That is so fantastic. I have just started completed W1D2. I have never been able to run due to asthma since childhood and have always wanted and dreamt of it. So, now I am going to give it everything I have. I am really wanting to run a 10k in April so that gives me 25 weeks.
  • j_courter
    Options
    That is so fantastic. I have just started completed W1D2. I have never been able to run due to asthma since childhood and have always wanted and dreamt of it. So, now I am going to give it everything I have. I am really wanting to run a 10k in April so that gives me 25 weeks.

best of luck! i had exercise induced asthma too, but haven't had too much trouble (except during harvesting season).
  • wvmom30
    wvmom30 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    That is awesome...I know it's a great feeling...
  • Leigh_D
    Leigh_D Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Your post is inspiring! I started doing a Run/Walk program in January, and I am covering great (to me) distances these days (I'm doing a 12K event on Oct 29th!!) -- but I'm doing so at intervals of 2 min run, 1 min walk. My goal this winter is to use the Couch-to-5K to train to run straight through, then build up distances again. Thanks for sharing highlights of your running journal. It gives me insight. :happy:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!