The Subway Diet

Options
Has anyone ever tried it? Does it work? I'm on a subway kick right now.

Replies

• Schwiggs
    Schwiggs Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    =| Stop it.
  • TattooedMommy427
    TattooedMommy427 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Subway is terrible! Just say no to wheat!
  • kellyscomeback
    kellyscomeback Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    Compared to McDonalds or Burger King it's better but most of the subs are loaded with salt and calories. You have to eat there with care.
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    It will work if you consume less calories than you burn. As will any diet.

That being said, it's not necessary so it would be in your best interest to eat a varied diet.
  • Unwrapping_Candy
    Unwrapping_Candy Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Way too much sodium for my liking, but I do love the sweet onion chicken teriyaki one. :P I'd never include Subway in my diet more than maybe once every couple of weeks though.
  • KBrenOH
    KBrenOH Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    I don't know about the whole "say no to wheat" aspect of it, but from a sodium aspect; Subway is horrible.
  • dobarber
    dobarber Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    You can get rid of a lot of fat that way but you will gain a ton of calories. Don't limit yourself to just one kind of food or you'll get burned out and quit. This is a lifelong journey and you have to learn how to eat right and exercise right to lose the weight you want.
    Doug
  • beth40n2
    beth40n2 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    If I need to eat out, I will stop and get a Subway salad, love those healthy spinach leaves and all the veggies! The sandwiches can be low fat, but watch the amount of carbs with all the bread. As with anything....moderation.
  • vs_shine
    vs_shine Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    everything in moderation :-)
  • SRGutierrez
    Options
    You should check out the nutrition on the websit. Lots of sodium & not many low fat/low carb/low cal...I'll get a 6 inch one one the weekends but but bare and I stick to my calorie intake. Be careful of subway. Jared didn't regain the weigh all on his own, lol.
  • StrawberrySuzyQ
    StrawberrySuzyQ Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I don't know that it "works" but I have found that it has helped me to feel full. I usually get the veggie delight sub and add any sauce or seasoning on my own so I can control how much I use. Some times I will switch it up and get the oven roasted chicken sub, but I still load it with veggies and add the sauce on my own. I don't eat ONLY Subway, but I do like to add it to my diet so I'm not always eating the same things over and over. It also is easier for my crazy work schedule (and that way I don't eat the over salted, high fat items at work ....I work in an Italian restaurant).
  • V44V
    V44V Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    The Subway diet? You been watching too much Happy Gilmore!!!
  • Danahimself
    Danahimself Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    The Subway diet? You been watching too much Happy Gilmore!!!

Lol now I'm going to watch that now!

Well Subway is okay every now and then maybe even more than that if chosen wisely and no cheese!! IMO
  • pjam2009
    Options
    Yes it works I have lost 25 lbs on it Half for dinner half for lunch. Hostess 100 cal cupcakes for a snack and plenty of water and veggie snacks too.
  • rosalee87
    rosalee87 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    i usually get a 6' turkey breast w black forest ham sub about 280 cals...dunno anything else lol
  • puggleperson
    puggleperson Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    I like subway. Subway has saved me from binging many many many times... Who said stay away from wheat? There is nothing wrong with wheat :/ Subway has a lot of sodium so not good to eat every day.... Jared, the guy who lost all the weight walked miles and miles a day so I am pretty sure thats what helped him the most! Its super eay to eat healthy.. just do that instead :) Fad diets never work, you can't eat subway every day your whole life, right?
  • jcdfish
    jcdfish Posts: 31
    Options
    As I recall, the original subway diet guy walked a long way to the Subway place ever day, then walked home. So, if you are going to go on a Subway diet, I'd think you'd have to do a whole lot of walking.
  • Athena413
    Athena413 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    The "wheat" that Subway uses is probably enriched bleached wheat which is just about as bad as white bread...plus lunch meat has TONS of sodium in it. I'd suggest taking the word "diet" out of your vocabulary and just learn to eat proper portions of unprocessed (or as lightly processed as possible) food. But if you have to choose between McD's or Subway, then obviously go with Subway.
  • vs_shine
    vs_shine Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    I will add...that it would be a whole lot more healthy (and yummy, and less expensive) if you just got some fresh ingredients and made your own sandwiches....good bread, some low fat cheese, fresh spinach, tomatoes, pickles, avacodo....yum! :-) but subway is convenient, it is a better choice than McDonald's or Sonic...yeah, but mostly just follow the rule of moderation :-)
  • mbakken90
    mbakken90 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    True. I mean I'm not eating it everyday! But I eat it multiple times a week. I ususally get turkey on wheat bread with NO cheese or mayo etc. and veggies. I also eat it with baked chips or no chips at all and water! I think it's doing me well :)