What is currently motivating you??

Options

Replies

• AngelikaLumiere
    AngelikaLumiere Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    My motives right now are not very pure.:embarassed: My husband started loosing weight after I did and this week he exceeded the amount that I have already lost:angry: So my vanity is a little injured and I want to keep loosing so that my new svelte hubby doesn't have to wait too long for his new svelte wife.
  • tonid76
    tonid76 Posts: 51
    Options
    my husband is divorcing me...fell in love with his high school sweetheart all over again. Although they can't be together due to his Army assignment (he is on the west coast and she is on the east coast) I just want to make him regret the chioce he made. I hope the next relationship is with someone that knows a womans worth.
  • farmgirlsuz
    farmgirlsuz Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    this donut thing that's around my middle. I didn't ask for it, but I got it, and I want to get rid of it.

^^this^^
  • hayskylar
    Options
    My friends wedding, and my wedding. (:
  • Krisengel
    Krisengel Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I want to get healthy now so I don't follow in the unhealthy footsteps of my grandparents and mom. Lots of high blood pressure, heart disease, high cholestol, and diabetes run in my family. I want to break the cycle!
  • Fairysoul
    Fairysoul Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    My motivation is health. I want to be healthy and have the strength to say I don't eat crap food!
  • KenishaFitness
    KenishaFitness Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Good Luck!!!!
  • zenchild
    zenchild Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    It changes but at the moment it's a red satin dress hanging in my closet. I have a wedding to go to in Miami in 5 weeks and dammit, I am going to ROCK that dress.
  • LRConner
    LRConner Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    What motivates me most to get healthy and fit is living an honest life. For me, I've been as fat as I've been dishonest. I've decided it's time to be Me and that takes courage and honesty. I've spent years of my life chasing the "carrot" and now I know I have everything I need to be happy inside me. It's time for Me to come out and play, so to speak. :)
  • sarahkatara
    sarahkatara Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    My motives right now are not very pure.:embarassed: My husband started loosing weight after I did and this week he exceeded the amount that I have already lost:angry: So my vanity is a little injured and I want to keep loosing so that my new svelte hubby doesn't have to wait too long for his new svelte wife.

Haha, I love this! I feel the same way. My fiancee lost an extra 30 pounds he had gained in what seemed like a month without even trying. GRRRR to guys metabolisms! I'm soooo ready to catch up. I DESPISE knowing that I weigh about 23lbs more than him! Damn, i'm actually almost starting to cry...i forgot how much that bugged me :sad:
    I suppose that's all themore motivation! thanks for reminding me!
  • aegira
    aegira Posts: 204
    Options
    Motivating me?
    Well first, I'm motivating me :laugh: I've lost 73 lbs/33kg and I like what I see, so I'm pushing towards the last 20kg.
    Next seeing my partner in 4months and knocking his socks off :wink:
    Of course it is getting hard to move this last lot of weight and sometimes it is frustrating:grumble: ...but going backwards is just plain scary
    Everything that a healthier life can give me that an unhealthy life didn't...
  • cantjustcant
    cantjustcant Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    I am 1.6 pounds away from crossing into ONEderland! Haven't been there since my oldest son was born 21 years ago! I also took all my size 18 and up clothes to goodwill and literally have 2 pr jeans, 2 pairs of work pants, about 20 shirts (15 of which are t-shirts) and a bunch of really cute work out clothes! I will not buy anything else until I am in 14s!!!
  • Raf702
    Raf702 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Seeing the indentations in my six pack become more visible. Lol
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    The desire to be able to actually breathe and move freely in the jeans I am currently wearing and a desire to shrink right out of the darn things!
  • hecallsmeroses
    Options
    unfortunately nothing. I've stopped everything that I was doing and I;ve reverted back to my old ways. I am having a hard time pulling myself up and out of the hole I'm in. I know it will pass but its a set back.
  • Aussie4870
    Options
    im less than 10lbs away from loosing 100lbs and im almost in One-derland...

ill get there...by the end of the month hopefully!!!!
  • withchaco
    withchaco Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    On the positive side? The size 2 jeans I fit into today.

That particular brand probably runs a little big, but still! If anyone had told me last year "by this time next year, you're going to fit in size 2 pants," I would NOT have believed it.

On the negative side... the flab on my belly that's screaming "hurry up and get rid of me!"
  • sonic_the_cat
    sonic_the_cat Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Participating in activities with my family; especially my kids!
  • apee24
    apee24 Posts: 46
    Options
    My motivation is my health problems from being overweight and my family. I have had palipitations, blood clot in my leg, im on high blood pressure meds, high cholesterol meds, and high triglyceride meds. I'm just sick and tired of being sick and tired haha!
  • shaybug21
    Options
    I have several motivations.

First and foremost, my health; and not just my health for me, but health because my husband and I want to have a baby, and I am really overweight. Second on the health, if I don't lose weight in these next 6 months, I am being referred to a bariatric surgeon and at this point that seems almost impossible to avoid.

I have a 7 year old child that I can barely keep up with, and I would LOVE to.

I would like to also be able to be the same size I was in high school. It would be nice to go into a store to try clothes on, vs. ordering online and hoping everything fits when it gets here. I want to feel beautiful on the inside too.