What's the one thing you couldn't live with out?

Options
So I'm watching my (Okay, my husband's) football team lose horribly while I'm cooking up some soup for lunch next week, and it occured to me I had enough calories today to pound a Rogue Mocha Porter. And it's so yummy.

I knew that when I lost weight, it was still really important to me to continue eating the foods I absolutely loved. In my case, it was basically pasta and alcohol. Even though I'm a complete binger (all or nothing) I was able to juggle both and lose 40 pounds. I programmed myself to believe in quality over quantity.

So - what's the one thing you couldn't live with out - or did you eventually have to give it up?

Replies

• Coyla
    Coyla Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Whip cream!

I can eat it by the bucket-load! I will never give it up!
  • Nurse_krissy
    Nurse_krissy Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I eat chocolate EVERY DAY! And, yes, I still lose weight. I give myself a 100 calorie chocolate allowance. That's 3 Hershey kisses, 2 York Peppermint Patties (mini), 2 bite size Snickers, one small chocolate chip cookie, etc....

If I deny myself chocolate, I'll fall off the bandwagon and binge on tons of it. If I have my few little pieces, I savor them and continue eating healthy the rest of the day!
  • msheldon88
    msheldon88 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Coffee and peanut butter :)
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    frozen yogurt..i mean every single day i have it. not a little baby one either...I'd say 20% of my calories go to frozen yogurt a day ~400 and the rest is healthy stuff! :) works for me.
  • JennsLosing
    JennsLosing Posts: 1,026
    Options
    is your husbands team the eagles?
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
    It took me about 7 months to be able to eat a little bit of pasta.

Before January, I was eating a huge heaping bowl of it (we're talking overflowing) with tons of butter and cheese.

It was too much for me to control myself for the first half of the year.

But I finally got my hunger under control enough that I could reincorporate it. I just had some with veggies and a buttermilk/bouillon sauce. It was fantastic and low-cal!

Don't get me wrong, though. I'm going to have a "free" day sometime soon here (maybe in 3 or 4 weeks) where I go nuts on a big old bowl of cheesy, buttery pasta! haha
  • wildcard29
    wildcard29 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Chips!!!
  • xneurocentric
    xneurocentric Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Chinese food. And I will never give it up. I won't have it all the time - definitely not!! - but it's nice to know that even when I'm still losing weight, and even when I've maintained my goal weight.. I will always have it once in a while.
  • mem50
    mem50 Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    That's a tough one. I would have to say.....ice cream. I love it, but if I HAD to I could give it up. Fact is I just had some last night. Chocolate Custard from Culvers, yummmmm.
  • kelceystevens73
    kelceystevens73 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hockey and Lacrosse!! Oh wait I think you meant food wise...Pizza would be the toughest food to give up
  • mentalbeat
    mentalbeat Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    My bike.....
  • modernfemme
    modernfemme Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Chips!!!
    Haha! I can eat a family bag by myself in a matter of 2 days. It's embarrassing.
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    Cheese is my downfall I want it on everything. But I am learning to manage it.
  • Biancalee76
    Options
    I had to give up Dr Pepper. I love it, and I know it's not good for me. 2 cans is around 300 calories, not counting the excessive sugar. I quit drinking it the day after I started MFP. Otherwise everything in moderation works for me.
  • modernfemme
    modernfemme Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I had to give up Dr Pepper. I love it, and I know it's not good for me. 2 cans is around 300 calories, not counting the excessive sugar. I quit drinking it the day after I started MFP. Otherwise everything in moderation works for me.

I drink the diet stuff every now and again but I can only imagine what it's doing to my insides.
  • kelceystevens73
    kelceystevens73 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I love Diet Dr. Pepper....but working towards giving up soda all together
  • jennarandhayes
    jennarandhayes Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Give me the cheese! I eat 1-2 babybel light cheese rounds a day and sometimes I sprinkle some parmesan on egg whites or veggies.
  • dobarber
    dobarber Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    What can't I live without? Hmm... Peanut butter, bacon, and american cheese are my serious weaknesses. If I could I would eat peanut butter and bacon and cheese in some kind of sandwich combo all day long. As it is I haven't had american cheese, bacon or more than a half sandwich of peanut butter in a month and a half. I promised myself that I will splurge once I get below 300 pounds.
  • swimmchick87
    swimmchick87 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Probably cheese! I've tried to eat fat free when dieting in the past and it just did not work for me. I think it's better to have some of the "good stuff" in moderating so I don't end up eating a ton of it when I get fed up with the fat free kind!
  • Rilke
    Rilke Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    Chocolate. One of my three favorite things in the world. (The other two are dogs and good books.)