Favorite Source of Protein?

Options

Replies

• forthefinish
    Options
    Nice. These are a lot of great ideas. Sounds like a lot of fish and chicken especially. Thanks....keep 'em comin'.
  • skyesmith9489
    Options
    turkey chicken fish:)
  • rentrikin
    rentrikin Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    lean meats, egg whites.cottage cheese, beans ....... i consider nuts to be more of a healthy fat.
  • ysamatar
    ysamatar Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Chia seed. Mix with yoghurt, cereal.
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    eggs, fish of just about any variety and oatmeal (surprisingly high protein!)
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    Fish
    No contest for anything else
  • forthefinish
    Options
    Fish
    No contest for anything else

So far I think this is my favorite I've checked out.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    I love fish. High protein content, very low fat, very low calorie. You can cook them lots of different ways (grilled, baked, pan seared, blackened, pan fried, etc.) and add tons of spices and veggies to shake it up. Great stuff.

I have a ton of great fish recipes if you would like some ideas. Just message me if you want them.
  • Pageh656
    Options
    chobani and salmon

and chik fil a food has pretty decent protein and delicious
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Fish. Shrimp is favorite, salmon, tuna, crab, mahi, talapia, scallops. Also yogurt daily. All so yummy!
  • TequillaLover89
    TequillaLover89 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I don't think anyone has said Greek yogurt yet? ((My favorite breakfast ever))
    & another one is
    Chicken
  • withchaco
    withchaco Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    I love Greek yogurt because it requires no preparation. If I'm willing to cook, chicken breast and lean fish are great. Lean fish like mahi mahi/ dolphinfish are lumps of pure protein.
  • dorisholaway
    dorisholaway Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Snickers Marathon Nut burst bars. I love these bars and now I can not find them in any of the stores I have looked in lately. I have looked in Walmart and other stores in Alabama and S.C. and can not find them anywhere. I am getting stressed about this.
  • Nancy_hc
    Nancy_hc Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Egg whites! I keep boiled eggs in my purse as a snack (i know... it seems weird lol). I eat like 10 eggs a day, no yolk though, so no cholesterol worries. put some paprika on them if you want, yummy~!
  • Promqueen_74932
    Promqueen_74932 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Protein shakes, Beans, nuts, Avocados!!!!! Quinoa!!! Seitan, Turkey and Fish! WOOTWOOT !

Lots of great options depending on what you like. :-)

Much luck and motivation
    SLB
  • michellezzz
    Options
    tuna, tofu, avocado!
  • SueGremlin
    SueGremlin Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    I like lean meats, preferably things I have to chase after. The fear gets trapped inside the muscle (because of you know the fight or flight response) and I find it adds flavor.
    Dude.
  • SueGremlin
    SueGremlin Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Salmon.
  • nrvo
    nrvo Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Fage 0% greek yogurt! I flavor mine with sugar-free cherry jello powder.
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    sFun_zipit.gif