Women-Is It Hard to Find a Shirt When U Have Big Boobs

Options
Im going from a B to a small D cup Friday with my boob job surgery and I have heard that its hard to find tops that fit. Not looking forward to this! Is that true? What kind of tops are best for D cups? I just dont want to look fat or dress in a way thats going to take away from my small waist. What are the options out there? Thanks

Replies

• vegangirl88
    vegangirl88 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Button up shirts are a pain in the *kitten* (I'm a [natural] 32D) and the buttons strain across my chest, but if I go a size up its too baggy everywhere else.
  • vegangirl88
    vegangirl88 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Also, avoid high neck as it can make you look like you have a shelf instead of boobs haha. Go for v-necks : )
  • siabevis
    siabevis Posts: 811
    Options
    Button up shirts are a pain in the *kitten* (I'm a [natural] 32D) and the buttons strain across my chest, but if I go a size up its too baggy everywhere else.

See thats my fear.. it being baggy down bottom in the waist so itll fit the top and then making you look thicker
  • terihaddad
    terihaddad Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    it's very difficult, as either shirts are no longer long enough, or the buttons gape.
  • lor007
    lor007 Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    Buy an oversized bra, stuff it full of Kleenexes and go shopping.
  • bmqbonnie
    bmqbonnie Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I second button ups. Also some shirts are made to be a different color or have a seam right under the boobs and those don't always fit right. Hm, shirts that work well... I have a slightly off shoulder long sleeve shirt that's really flattering. I'll see if I can find a pic of it.
  • Nerdy_Rose
    Nerdy_Rose Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    Dresses are worse. Hahaha. I was 32DD at my heaviest, 32D now that I lost a little weight. I have a tiny waist. Finding a dress that's fitted on my body is WAY too tight on my boobs. Or, if it fits the boobs it's like a bag on my body.

Clingy/strechy materials are good, because they can stretch enough to fit the boobs, but cling back down on the bottom. Just gotta look around.

Welcome to clothes shopping hell. I like Frederick's of Hollywood's bras :-)
  • voluptuous_veggie
    voluptuous_veggie Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Yes, it is very difficult to find shirts that fit well without having them tailored. Definitely something that should be researched a little further ahead of time before expanding your chest.
  • yager8725
    yager8725 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    ditto!! im a natural 36DD.....its hard especially when you want to be halfway modeste..lol have 11 year old son that makes faces when shirts show to much!
  • catcrazy
    catcrazy Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options
    Before piling on the weight i was a size 12-14 uk bottoms but was a size 18-20 on top...dresses are out the question unless you have sack style ones, blouses were tricky too as if i bought for my boobs they were baggy on the body shoulders and just didnt hang well. Best i could do was go for 16-18 fitted tops with a little stretch. I always liked my bust but it did make dressing a tad harder
  • MzMiller1215
    MzMiller1215 Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    Make sure you get safety pins for the shirt gaps between the buttons. I have to do that with my natural 36 C bust.
  • goddesshanna
    goddesshanna Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Wrap style shirts are a really good choice because they tighten up under the bust. I agree that button up shirts can be bad... I have to fix mine with fashion tape for job interviews. I usually fit a women's xl shirt pretty well, but I have trouble with dresses being too baggy because I have to get one big enough to fit my chest and shoulders (16-18) while my hips are smaller (14).
  • andrea198721
    andrea198721 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    My cousin bought a bigger bra stuffed it and went to try on clothing at different stores....but she did it a couple of months before she had the surgery.
  • jcn1109
    jcn1109 Posts: 49
    Options
    Yes, it is very difficult to find shirts that fit well without having them tailored. Definitely something that should be researched a little further ahead of time before expanding your chest.

This^^^. Also, in that scenario, learning to sew might be a good idea. I do all my own tailoring and make a lot of my own clothes because I'm taller than average (6') and have DDs. Much less frustration for me.
  • mcjabber
    mcjabber Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    You can always buy the bigger size for the boobs and then tailor the waist.
  • yager8725
    yager8725 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    i was happiest at a full 36 C and i could still wear anything I wanted. at a 36DD i cant find anything that makes my top look good and shows off my weight loss. one piece things make me look preggerst!!
  • jordanashley19
    Options
    VERY!! i have to go up a size in shirts because my boobs stretch it. I do V necks.
  • skierxjes
    skierxjes Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    I'm a very natural 44DDD and pretty proportioned, but I agree. big boobs and button ups don't go well together. Same thing with the comment about high shirts, they make you look like you have a shelf instead of a rack :)
  • nadiB
    nadiB Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Avoid anything with buttons or a hihg neckline. Most things with a V cut or empire line will work well.:smile:
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
    Well, to give you an idea, I'm a D with an hourglass shape and while my waist isn't anything close to skinny yet, every shirt that fits the girls is loose around my middle. I have to alter EVERYTHING unless it's especially elastic. Thankfully, lots of thin t-shirts are now super stretchy and, therefore, form-fitting.

You'll be able to find stuff. It's not like you're getting Guinness Book of Records boobs. XD

P.S.: I can't wait til I can get new B( o )( o )bs! Jealous!