p90x 90 day challenge October 1

Options

Replies

• Kelhulsey72
    Options
    I am in for my 2nd round of P90X!!!!
    I think I'll try the regular NOT LEAN........we will see how the ole knees do in plyo-land!!! LOL!! Getting on it a day late but oh well!!!
    BRING IT!!!!
    Ok...THAT didnt happen!!!!!
    I'm back a week late but just completed Core Syn and it kicked my *kitten*! It's true you dont use it you lose it!! LOL
    So now I am recommitted....no more cigaretts (details in the blog...) Really excited to have a place to come back to to touch base and stay accountable!! ....If I can still join the challenge :embarassed:

YES please join and TOSS those cigarettes! They are poison. :sick: You can do it! We are all here to support and cheer you on XOX Kelly :flowerforyou:
  • Blackthorne99
    Blackthorne99 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Still pending the resistance bands & the chinup bar. Can I skip to a different "week" so I can get started now (like yoga?) or is it best to do them in order?
  • skinnybikini101
    Options
    I don't have P90X, but have the old P90 from years ago. Will that matter? And as far as the diet, my booklet is somewhere in storage since we are in the process of building a house. How do I handle the diet? I would love to join in. I need help being consistent.
  • abby459
    abby459 Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    well I got myself a little off my schedule yesterday because I was having a pity-party for myself...but I am back on track today. Did legs/back (my first round at this) it was hard...esp the chairs against the wall, I couldnt do the one leg version at all yet!!! Tomorrow will be Plyo for me!!

Good luck to everyone this week...stick with it!!!
  • Frankenbarbie01
    Frankenbarbie01 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Just finished day 2 Cardio X!! LOVE it!!! (but my fav is still Kenpo!!!!!!) I forgot how powerful I feel when I am working out,
    Abby - YOU WILL do the one legged wall squat!! I KNOW it, just keep trying!! Just like I WILL do a Dreya roll!!!:devil:

One question - did anyone else's toilet seat seem to get lowered during the night....owwch!! LOL
  • lilyinlove
    lilyinlove Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Just finished day 2 Cardio X!! LOVE it!!! (but my fav is still Kenpo!!!!!!) I forgot how powerful I feel when I am working out,
    Abby - YOU WILL do the one legged wall squat!! I KNOW it, just keep trying!! Just like I WILL do a Dreya roll!!!:devil:

One question - did anyone else's toilet seat seem to get lowered during the night....owwch!! LOL

Lol yes that happened to my toilet too!!
  • tadpole4
    Options
    Hubby and I can't get P90X yet, it's a funds issue, but we plan on starting as soon as possible. Three years ago, I was a size 3 with a rockin' bod. I dn't know why I let myself go, but I did. I'm now in a 16 and trying DESPERATELY to get back to that 3! My goal is to get there by the next bikini season. Anyone have any ideas how to get rid of the "floppy gut" after a c-section?
  • ohpiper
    ohpiper Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    I'm about 2/3 of the way through this cycle of P90X with some Insanity mixed in. My goal is to keep going along this road until sometime in December when I'm planning on switching over to the new P90X2 program as soon as they ship it. If anyone wants to add me, I'd be happy to try and work together through the programs. This site has been helpful in terms of helping me keep a better eye on nutrition. Good luck all.
  • Kelhulsey72
    Options

HA HA! Too funny about the toilet! Keep up the good work! I don't know about those Dreya rolls. I swear I am going to break my tail bone doing those. Not my fav by far! LOL!
  • dauenhab
    dauenhab Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    LOL @ the toilet seat comment. I know exactly what you mean.
  • Kelhulsey72
    Options
    Still pending the resistance bands & the chinup bar. Can I skip to a different "week" so I can get started now (like yoga?) or is it best to do them in order?

Do you have a schedule? If not you can find the classic schedule at
    http://www.p90xworkoutschedule.com/

I recommend getting at least some bands. Most the toning workouts require weights, bands or pull up bar. :)
  • dauenhab
    dauenhab Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Thanks Kelly for anwering my nutrition question in the email. I wish it was just easy and everything worked for everyone, but I guess the key is to listen to my body (except when I want junk all the time) and eat clean. I know I will see results because I've been though the program before.

Now, I'm curious, what is everyone's move that they struggle with and want to be able to do by the end of the program? I saw some Dreya rolls and some one-legged wall squat. I used to not be able to do the prison cell push ups, but now I can do some with the push-ups in-between though the whole time. Still don't do much (maybe 6 or so), but it is better than nothing. :) The one thing that I've always struggled with even with the previous rounds and still trying to master is the crane pose. Anyone else have issues with it?

- Brandy
  • Kelhulsey72
    Options
    How are all my p90x challenge peeps doing this week? Things are going great on my end. I had Shoulders&arms today. I also added a short 3 mile run, 6 miles of walking and an Insanity workout to my day. What can I say, I took the day off of work and enjoyed it! LOL! Tomorrow it's back to work and a run day. Hope you all are having fun and BRINGING it! Please contact me if you have any question! XOX Kelly :happy:
  • Gemsmommy2010
    Options
    I had Shoulders&arms today. I also added a short 3 mile run, 6 miles of walking and an Insanity workout to my day. What can I say, I took the day off of work and enjoyed it!

Wow!! You're an animal!! Maybe one day I'll be able to manage a day like that ... without collapsing into a puddle of sweat and dying!

My week has started off alright! Chest and Back today - bringing it! Getting stronger - slowly but surely!

Loving the P90X journey! :)
  • Blackthorne99
    Blackthorne99 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Do you have a schedule? If not you can find the classic schedule at
    http://www.p90xworkoutschedule.com/

I recommend getting at least some bands. Most the toning workouts require weights, bands or pull up bar. :)

Ah, thank you. No - the person who sent me their DVDs didn't send anything but DVD's. Appreciate the link to the schedule. I've got the bands & bar ordered, but it's not due to be delivered til Friday. Did the prefitness stuff tonight on my profile. Funny how some of them are easy and others I can barely do any. (I've never in my life done a pull-up so even without a bar I'm certain I can safely put ZERO for that one *lol*) Upper body strength has always been my weak point.
  • Drunkadelic
    Drunkadelic Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Plyo seemed harder the second time around - I think it's because my legs are still killing me from Legs and Back / Kenpo. Wowza! I never realized how steep my steps were... lol

Any other women gain weight during the first week? I'm hoping it's just water retention in my muscles (because they were really sore) but it was still a bummer...
  • chazdiezal
    chazdiezal Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Plyo seemed harder the second time around - I think it's because my legs are still killing me from Legs and Back / Kenpo. Wowza! I never realized how steep my steps were... lol

Any other women gain weight during the first week? I'm hoping it's just water retention in my muscles (because they were really sore) but it was still a bummer...

I did Plyo last night as well, I think its actually getting a little easier for me to complete this one. I too struggled with sore muscles (especially knees) after Plyo and all the workouts but adding a recovery drink post-workout really diminished the soreness the next day. If it starts to affect your workouts you might want to think about adding one to see how it helps you.
  • Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options

I did Plyo last night as well, I think its actually getting a little easier for me to complete this one. I too struggled with sore muscles (especially knees) after Plyo and all the workouts but adding a recovery drink post-workout really diminished the soreness the next day. If it starts to affect your workouts you might want to think about adding one to see how it helps you.

What recovery shake do you use?
  • liftingbro
    liftingbro Posts: 2,029 Member
    Options
    IMO, Plyo is the toughest of all the DVDs other than maybe Ab Ripper X.

Definetly take a revovery drink like Xtend, it will help minimize DOMs.
  • njean888
    njean888 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Okay so I started week 2 last night, Chest & Back/ARX. Last week I was not sore at all. I started with the 30 lb band, then switched to the 40 lb band but still nothing. Last night I did everything on the pull up bar. I had to use the back of the chair for support but I felt great doing it. Today I can feel some soreness in my back and I'm thrilled.

I have Insanity tonight (I'm doing the hybrid). I was going to run at the gym today but I really feel pooped from last nights workout. Not sure if I should pull a double workout today.