How do you Eat Your Oatmeal?

Options
Getting sick of my usual, which is oatmeal with 1/2 scoop of chocolate protein or 1/2 a tablespoon of peanut butter. Any suggestions, anyone? Thanks! :)

Replies

• KelleFlr
    KelleFlr Posts: 142
    Options
    That sounds yummy haven't tried that yet. I ususally do 1/2 an apple cut up (granny smith is good) with a dash of cinnamon, and if you like a few slices of almonds on top. I got the recipe from a Zone cookbook. the almonds are good fat, carbs in the apple, cinnamon isgood for you, It reminds me of warm apple pie. I really like it. Sometimes I will add a TBS or 2 of plain low or non fat yogurt for creaminess.

enjoy
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    1 Quaker pack
    1 JIF to go cup
    1 banana
    :D
  • JennyJacobsen
    JennyJacobsen Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I love canned peaches on my Oatmeal, 1/2 cup on 1 cup oatmeal really fills me Up! I have also tried diced apricots but peaches still my fav!!
  • exacerbe
    exacerbe Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I eat my oatmeal with a spoon.

and peanut butter+brown sugar and/or pumpkin+honey+spice
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    http://www.katheats.com/favorite-foods/overnightoats

i do a play on this. my usual base is 1 part oats, 1 part greek yogurt, 1 part almond milk, protein powder. then i'll add in cereal, pop tarts, pb/nutella etc in the morning
  • allijoy13
    allijoy13 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I cook mine with a little salt and then add maple syrup.
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    piping hot, no spoon, from my bare hands

....oh and with sugar
  • Raf702
    Raf702 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Getting sick of my usual, which is oatmeal with 1/2 scoop of chocolate protein or 1/2 a tablespoon of peanut butter. Any suggestions, anyone? Thanks! :)

I don't think I could ever get bored eating oatmeal like that. I'm plain jane with my oatmeal. Just water, oatmeal, and maybe a dash of splenda or sucralose of choice for taste. Once in a while I will toss in a scoop of protein powder.
  • krisonethreefive
    Options
    I tried steel cut oats...I make enough for 3 or 4 days. Then I add 2 tsp of pecans, some brown sugar, a splash of non fat mild and some cinnamon. I am hoping though that this is right under 300 calories.
  • capriciousmoon
    capriciousmoon Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    I add ground flax (4 tbsp so it needs an extra 1/2 cup water), lots of ground ginger, and sweeten with xylitol!
  • joannashaw
    Options
    Defrost some frozen berries and flaxseed!! My fav way.
  • surfrgrl1
    surfrgrl1 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Out of a paper bowl so I don't have to wash that nasty dish!
  • caterpillar2Butterfly
    Options
    bump
  • Thinwithin2010
    Thinwithin2010 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Just cinnamon
  • kevnick2011
    Options
    simple yet delicious sounding
  • PlunderBunneh
    PlunderBunneh Posts: 1,705 Member
    Options
    Brown Sugar! Huge weakness.
    I'm going to have to try some of these other ideas. They sound so good (and better for me than brown sugar ;))
  • adidrea
    adidrea Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I put in half a banana, brown sugar, cinnamon and ground flax seeds. Yum yum! Sometimes I use half an apple or raisins instead of the banana.
  • curiositycat
    curiositycat Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I have oatmeal every morning with a splash of milk and two teaspoons of light brown sugar. Something just occurred to me, though, as I have some pumpkin puree in the fridge--what if I added some of that to my oatmeal with some pumpkin pie spice? The additional calories would be negligible, and the flavor could be really good. I'm going to try it in the morning.
  • MelissaJ6807
    Options
    I use a Cooking Light recipe for Baked Oatmeal. I leave mine in the oven about 5-10 minutes longer than the recipe says and it is SO good! Kinda tastes like an oatmeal cookie...YUM!!!

http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/baked-oatmeal-10000000549848/
  • Sarah0866
    Sarah0866 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    a lot of these ideas sounds really yummy...thanks everyone :)