200+ Hot For Halloween!

Options

Replies

• pinbotchick
    pinbotchick Posts: 3,904
    Options
    Great job everyone that lost. Whip cracks on all that gained!!! We have 2 weeks left in this challenge. Lets get it together ladies. By the way, P90X workout is done. I'm going to do some paperwork then go get my jog in...
  • KelleFlr
    KelleFlr Posts: 142
    Options
    Victoria.. thank you for the suggestion. I have added the over 40 group and this group to My Topics.
    I started at 214.5, started MFP at 211. Currently holding at 209.5, was down to 208 so my weight loss ticker shows 7 lb but its its only 5.5.
    Started October 3rd with walking with a friend 3x a week. Do weight training and treadmill at home. Started MFP recently.
    My goal is 150-160. I know for a proper BMI at my height of 5' 3 charts say I should weigh 140... I know I felt good at 150 or so and was a size 10 -- I want to be fit, lose my gut and rolls and back fat and softness at the thigh and triceps. I want to be fit and strong.
    Thanks for letting me share.

Kelle, Oklahoma
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options

Lacey - I am concerned about your feet aching. It's not normal. I suggest trying good inserts or going to a running store and having them analyze your gait and recommend proper running shoes. I know it's not cheap but if it works, it's cheaper than surgery and you wont have the down time from surgery. It really helped my feet. If you like running, get the mag for Christmas...

Lacey - the low cal pumpkin dip can be found here. The thread has nice pics plus the recipe. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/358641-low-cal-punkin-pie-dip-pic It's super yummy - like pumpkin pudding.

Both my pairs of shoes are from a running store - got by doing the treadmill test. I just wonder if my feet are paying me back from not using tennis shoes the whole time I was in Europe. And like I said, the Mizunos are from March so they may flat out be worn out! I will pick up some insoles I suppose. Poop.
  • Laceylala
    Options
    Morning ladies! 2580burn/2186ate/394 deficit. Evil candy corn got me last night!

On the docket for me today: eating healthy and low sodium, probably no working out..which means extra carefulness on the eating front. And trying to move more at work.

Amy- thats crazy that Sofie is still having issues like that. How long can a dog go with that before its too much? Yeay for making Gabe move. Maybe if you played arm sword with him like we did in Brugge he might want to run huh? LOL.

Kendal - take what you can get with the damn scale girl!!! Its pure ebil and does it to eff with us all I am sure.

Victoria - I'm still not convinced that I love running, but its a good and quick work out, which is what I like. And it seems to be the perfect work out because you are getting cardio and strength training all in one, IMO anyways. Probably not, but it seems like it. I like the runners body look. My booty can take some slimming down lol. Thanks for the pumpkin dip recipe, might have to make somet his weekend.

Nava - I guess that is all you really can do right? Just let things lay and deal with them when you have to. I'm sorry though, that is disappointing in the timing front. Can he not go to school in London?

Welcome Kelle.
  • KendalBeee
    KendalBeee Posts: 2,269 Member
    Options
    Welcome Kelle!!!

I just decorated my desk :bigsmile:

74702_4559.jpg

This looks like a mess in a picture, but there are "leaves" with yellow,orange,and red plastic jewels/acorn, a couple big spiders, my dressed up bears, the skull and the pumpkin.
    74702_9824.jpg
  • treehugginpam
    treehugginpam Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    Going back to work after a 3 day weekend = no fun. I had a really great weekend though! Besides the hiking up a mountain thing, the bf & I also went apple picking, did a corn maze, picked pumpkins, and just generally had a great time. I'm loving our fall weather!

I looked at my P90X DVDs this weekend and I think I'm going to wait on doing them. Not because I'm scared to do it anymore though, so thanks for telling me to at least look at them; they're not as bad as I thought! I actually got Ripped in 30 a couple of weeks ago and haven't tried it yet, so I think I'm going to continue with Jillian for awhile. I really like her quick 25 minute workouts in the morning...get in, get out, move on! That is, if I can get my butt to start getting out of bed early again. I had been doing 30 Day Shred but once I finished that I lost all motivation to get up for a morning workout and have just been doing cardio in the evenings. I know I need that strength training though, so my goal this week is to force myself out of bed to see Jillian every morning. Since I failed miserably on that this morning, I'm going to force myself to do Ripped before dinner and then run after dinner has had time to settle.

Nava, Lacey beat me to it -- could Joe do a distance program from London?

Lacey, I've got the same problem with moving at work. I sit at a desk all day and sometimes the only think getting me off my *kitten* is having to go to the bathroom because of all the water I try to drink. I need to set a timer to tell me to get up and move or something. Way to go on your running! I hope your foot feels better soon. I'm sorry about Bart. :frown:

Kelle, welcome!

Victoria, only 2 weeks left? Eek! I really need to get it in gear!

Kendal, I'm always suspicious when the scale tells me good things too. Lets hope yours keeps telling you good things this week! Also I completely share your fear about the crockpot burning down the house. Mine is on right now and I've already thought about it several times today!

Amy, I hope Sofie feels better soon! Also, I :heart: Amazon Prime too. I've bought way too many things with it though.

Sarah (WnT), I've been subscribing to Runner's World for years even though I wasn't actually running, in the hopes that one day I would be a runner. Ha! Now I'm actually running, so I actually read it every month in a new, more excited way. :smile:

Hosanna, have fun on holiday! Hope you feel better soon too.

Rikki, those costumes are too cute!!

Katheryne, don't feel bad -- my running speed is the same as my bf's fast walk too! I was embarrassed when he came with me for my first run outside (I've been doing most of my running on the treadmill), because I thought people would be looking at me and thinking about how ridiculously slow I'm going if my bf is keeping up with me by walking. Then I just thought "So what!" At least I'm out there running, right? Who cares what other people think! I'm running longer and further than I ever have in my life, so who cares if it's at a snail's pace? I'll eventually get faster. Plus his legs are way longer, so of course there's a difference in pace. Now I just joke with my bf that it's like he's my running coach -- he doesn't actually have to run, just walk beside me to make sure I'm doing it. :laugh:

Kerry, yay for a Camelbak! I really need to get one of those.
  • pinbotchick
    Options
    Lacey - did the running store personnel analyze your gait and have you run on the treadmill or run around the store while they watched? Then run again with the shoes that they felt would best compensate for your gait deviations? My shoes are Brooks and have significant built up inner soles to compensate for flat feet. Good luck. Sending positive vibes to your feet to stop aching.

Welcome Kelle:flowerforyou: This is my favorite group and has been going strong for 2 years. We divide our challenges into 6 week blocks of time. New people are welcome at any time. We talk about any and everything. Tell us about yourself. At the start of this challenge, we all reintroduced ourselves. You'll have to read the first 3 or 4 pages to get all the reintroductions. You will find the start of this challenge here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/341734-200-hot-for-halloween Since you're new, I'll prewarn you that topics "lock" at 500 posts and the system will start a new thread. This post will be about 425 of the 500 so a 3rd part will be starting soon. Friend any of us and you'll see when we post to the new link. This group tends to move fast so we understand if you cant reply to everyone. Just jump in and join the conversations and ask as many questions as you want.

PS I love having a day off work. I'm ready for my run. Catch you lovelies later.
  • WoWmamaErin
    WoWmamaErin Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Congrats to all their hard work and the losses!
  • navajoon
    navajoon Posts: 355
    Options
    Lacey and Pam (saw your post after I posted this!), it's a program for Instrumentation offered at the local community college, which is highly desirable in the petrochemical industry. http://sanjac.edu/sites/default/themeglobal/includes/print.php?prcode=4INST if you're curious.

The good thing is that he should be able to bang it out in a year, then complete the cores required for an associates online, then perhaps continue on in a bachelors as the program sounds like a mini-electrical engineering degree to me. So for the initial certification, he has to stay in Houston. Apparently, people with this certification can start out around $40 an hour.

The awesome thing about this certification is that I could very likely get him a job with my company (if we got hitched, my company actually helps locate jobs for spouses) or his stepdad, who works for Exxon, could help him find a job, and there are always offices of Oil companies near my company's offices.

So we'll see. I'm very proud of him though. When he called and told me he'd applied and was studying for the placement exams (his SAT score is too old which is unfortunate because he had something in the 1400s on the old 1600 scale) I got all teary-eyed.
  • Laceylala
    Options
    Victoria - yeah they had me get on the treadmill and then showed me the video of my barefeet running so they could get a shoe for me. I'm going to pick up some inserts for my shoes and then also another pair of running shoes I think. I am not sure what the life is on them, but I think my mizunos are shot. Plus the Saucony ones I use to work out and run in just feel better. Its not really a bad ache just super mild but I have always had super sensitive feet (like I don't walk around outside without shoes on type feet) and since last spring when my feet were definitely hurting I think I'm way more sensitive now too. Arch support might be what my shoes need since I've got motion control ones that are more for ankle support and such.
  • GonnaDoItJenn
    GonnaDoItJenn Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    All this talk about exercise has me wanting to get out and get some but yet, I am stuck teaching all day. I will say that I have been out and about a lot lately just doing regular stuff but I don't have that motivation once I drive my 45 minute drive home to do any kind of exercise on the ranch. Plantar Fascia keeps me from doing any kind of running (not that my body would make it) but heck, just walking would be nice on some days.

How do those of you who do not live in the city or belong to a gym do it? Remember I am living in a 400 square foot RV and there is no room for exercise equipment. I do have 10 acres that are mostly wooded.
  • Laceylala
    Options
    I blew up my pink adult sized bouncy ball with a handle and am boucing around my office. It. Is. Awesome.
  • KatheryneLynne
    Options
    When I started out I literally just ran in place. Every day at lunch I would shut myself up in an empty room and just run in place. I would do a min of really fast, the slow (almost a walking pace) then kicks (trying to touch my bottom with my heels) and knee highs. In the beginning there was a lot of the slow, just because I couldn't keep up the pace. But after a couple of weeks I didn't need the walking pace at all. It probably wasn't as effective as if I had been on a treadmill or outside but it got my heart rate up and made me sweat. And for the strength aspect i just did push ups against the wall. Origininally I would mark improvement by time spent jogging, then I learned that the average number of steps in a mile is 2000, so i started counting steps to mark off tenths of a mile. I'm nowhere near as good as all the ladies on here running mile after mile every day, but I was able to do my little bit in about 2 foot square.

-Katheryne
  • anvy0530
    anvy0530 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    Jenn: I don't belong to a gym and I started exercising with simple body-weight bearing DVDs. I also walked my gods regularly as it improves both their mood and mine to be outside.

Pam: I'm super-jealous of your fall-icious weekend!! I LOVE fall and apple picking and pumpkin patches and ALL things fall.

Kendal: I :heart: your desk and LOVE that you love Halloween as much as I do!!! Yay for your scale being nice to you!!!

Lacey: I'm gonna chase Gabe around the yard with my hand over my face tomorrow and count it as exercise for both of us! Good luck with the healthy eating. I hate days when I can't work out cuz I have to be so much more picky with my food.

Welcome Kelle!!

Kristina: I miss you, are you doing ok??

Nava: I'm glad you are getting one step closer to London. Bummer that you and Joe might be separated for a bit. Me & The Hubbs spent the first 8 months of our marriage on different ends of the country, so it TOTALLY can be done. In the long run, it sounds like it will be a good way for him to get a job with your company.

I've had my food under control all day and logged EVERYTHING I ate. Including these: http://www.dessertfortwo.com/2011/10/pumpkin-biscotti/ - if you like pumpkin, you'll like pumpkin biscotti. I just finished eating mine with a huuuugggeee cup of tea and it was FABULOUS!!! I got the dog walk and the Plyo X workout in. I'm feeling pretty good about my day.
  • anvy0530
    Options
    I blew up my pink adult sized bouncy ball with a handle and am boucing around my office. It. Is. Awesome.

You got this from Ideeli, didn't you??? Me & Gabe bought them and have been bouncing on them so much we're driving Travis INSANE (it is awesome)
  • treehugginpam
    treehugginpam Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    Lacey/Amy, I have bounced around my basement with my pink bouncy ball (from ideeli) and HOLY COW it's way more of a workout on my thighs than I thought it would be! My bf loves bouncing with it too and it cracks me up to see him do it. :smile:

Nava, that's great that his program only lasts a year and that you might be able to get him a job with your company afterwards! It'll be tough being apart, but he sounds totally committed to you and the plan to get married and have babies, so that's awesome.

Jenn, I was going to suggest workout videos but would you have enough space for that? Katheryne's running in place workout could work for you though...and if it's nice outside it sounds like you have a lot of room on the ranch to walk! Any chance there's a not too expensive gym in the town where you teach that you could go to before or after work?

Amy, those biscotti look DELICIOUS!! Yum yum YUM! Also, I'm trying a Peas & Thank you recipe for dinner tonight, so thanks again for sharing that with us. I'm doing the Spicy African Peanut Stew...I can't wait to eat it, but, like Kendal, I've been worrying about the crock pot burning my house down while I'm gone. As long as that doesn't happen, I know I'll enjoy the stew because it smelled delicious as soon as I put the ingredients in the pot. :smile:
  • anvy0530
    Options
    Pam & Lacey: Do you know how happy it makes me to know that the 3 of us are all bouncing around on pink bouncy things???? So HAPPY!!!

Pam: I super-love the spicy African peanut stew. I make it ALL the time and my house has never burned down (thank goodness).
  • pinbotchick
    Options
    I want a bouncy ball (*bawls*)... It sounds like fun.

Lacey - a normal pair of shoes will last about 200 miles of running or walking. Do you wear them just for ex or all day? If your feet are hurting, it may be smarter to get custom orthotics like Kendal.

Nava - Im proud of Joe for making this change. I wish you the best of luck and hope the separation won't be for long. London sounds so exciting.

Pam - I'm drooling over your dinner. My blackbean burger won't compare.

Jenn - in nice weather, I bike, walk and run outside. In winter, I snowshoe for walks outside. Many of my walks are slower pace 20 min/mile. Even a 30 min mile would get you started. My mom walks outside everyday of the year - she feels guilty if the dog doesn't get a mile a day. She wears one yak trax during the bad weather months. It took 9 weeks of C25K for me to be able to run for 30 min and I could only go 2 miles. Think about C25K for the spring - you could even walk slower then power walk the jog times to build up to 30 min power walk. As for exercise inside - Leslie Sansone walking DVDs can be done in a 3 ft by 3 ft area. At mom's, we flip ottoman and coffee tables up onto the couch for more room. Jillian Micheal's 30 day shred (which I recommend you keep low impact until you build strength up) can be done in 3 ft by 6 ft space (due to planks and push ups). Zumba and P90X DVDs take a bit more room. I have a great weight lifting DVD by Kathy Smith "Lift Weights to Lose Weight" that has 7 workouts (2 upper body, 2 lower body, 2 abs and 1 with stabiliy ball.) Step aerobics takes a 7 by 7 area but is good. Denise Austin has some good walking videos and power band videos for strength training. Good luck and let us know what you decide. Another option might be getting a family member or neighbor to commit to working out several times a week - the accountabilty makes you do it and there is more room. What about a teacher friend doing DVDs before/after school - in a spare class room or the gym? In my youth (20 years ago), I'd workout after work in the therapy gym with other staff members. The hospital let us do it since healthier staff = more productivity and less sick days.

Well I only ran 3 miles. It's freaking hot out. 77 degrees in mid Oct. I should have run this morning and done P90X in afternoon. One more workout to go then I'll be caught up from taking 2 days off.
  • Laceylala
    Options
    I bet my Mizunos have that many miles on them. time to toss. I wore them initially to work out/walk/run, but now mostly wear them for walking around at work and use my Saucony's for working out.

Forgive me MFP for I have sushisinned...**** and now I need to work out tonight no matter what!
  • navajoon
    navajoon Posts: 355
    Options
    Thanks for the support ladies. I know deep down that Joe and I can make it through anything... I've just been burned so many times in the past by men that it's hard to have 100% confidence. But again, I'm so crazy proud of him for making this decision.

Finally getting around to shopping tonight. Made a list... hopefully it won't be too expensive.