1570 calories and can't do it.

Options
I'm on 1570 calories and i can't do it. I' freakin starving! I have a cupo of oatmeal in the morning with some raisins and sugar (its sick without sugar). then for lunch today i tried to have a sandwich but i was so hungry i had 1 1/2. I use the damn diet bread which is 45 calories and load it with lettuce a tomatoe and a little meat but was so hungry i put on about 2 oz of cheese or so. then i ws still super hungry but didnt eat and have had food on my mind since then. now i only have 700 cals left and im so hungry i could eat a horse. i know im going to overeat dinner, then eat a ho bunch more after cuz iill be so hungry. what is every one eating all day? how do you get in 3 meals and snacks while keeping cals so low? do you just starve??? cuz that is not working for me. im a cow and have to eat. i get sick if i dont. im super uber frustrated and sick of failing. i have gained about 10 lbs since starting on this site which i probly would have gained anyway, but just sayin... i need some help cuz im not doing it right i guess. thank you so much. sorry for the bluntness but im just like , WWWAAAAAA!!!

Replies

• maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    Do you eat your exercise calories?
  • taeliesyn
    taeliesyn Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    Are you drinking enough water?
  • kassied09
    kassied09 Posts: 397
    Options
    I know the feeling - until your stomach starts to shrink the hunger sucks. but work out and you get more calories!!

Oh, and about the oatmeal--a healthier tip would be silk or any other almond milk. I use it and sometimes I put too much in so it is literally TOO SWEET. and it has all sorts of good vitamins and protein and calcium.
  • chantels1
    chantels1 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Drink a cup of broth before you get too hungry, and eat more often. I eat 1/2 a sandwich at a time, so smaller amounts of calories throughout the day. Broth is only 5 calories, and it will make you full. Try it.
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Maybe eat a little bit more and just accept a slower rate of weight loss? 1570 calories would starve me, too! :-)
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    I'll trade you. I only get 1200
  • ambermichon
    ambermichon Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    also it doesnt appear you are eating enough protein....that will help you stay full longer
  • Aussie4870
    Options
    this is what i ate today...about 1400 calories...

breakfast...

Myoplex Lite pre-work out shake
    egg white vege scramble with three slices of turkey bacon

lunch...

huge salad with lettuce, spinach, spring onion, grated carrot a few croutons and some grilled chicken...with light italian dressing

dinner...

healthy hamburger...whole wheat bun, homemade burger pattie, provolone cheese and piled with salad

snack...

1 cup of Cascadian Farms Dark Choclate and Almond Organic cereal with vanilla soy milk

lots and lots and lots of water....

plenty of food for the day...met all my goals and was under with my carbs....you just need to adjust what you eat....i know if i eat carbs in the morning it makes me even more hungry...
  • wilkin_rebecca
    wilkin_rebecca Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    when you add your cardio excersise your amount of calories go back up, the number of calories you burned off in exercising.
  • nettg40
    nettg40 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    have you tried fiber drinks?
  • kr3851
    kr3851 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    Try changing what you have for breakfast....

For the last week I've been having a wholegrain wrap with laughing cow cheese, grilled chicken, mushrooms, spinach and capsicum - toasted. I would usually have it for lunch, but it was keeping me full all afternoon so I switched it to breakfast to keep me fuller when I want to snack (between breakfast and lunch). It's about 300 calories.

I read somewhere that protein keeps you fuller for longer so I've been trying to add it wherever I can to stop me from snacking and it seems to work.

I also exercise so I can have a snack after dinner - often it's the only way I can have something sweet without going over calories.
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    I would highly recommend that you rethink some of your food choices.

When in a calorie deficit it is very important to consider the amount of satiety you're getting with everything you eat. It looks to me like you're choosing some calorie dense foods that are easily pushing you over your limit.

It's fine to be somewhat hungry when dieting but IMO it shouldn't be miserable.
  • LizC26
    LizC26 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    One tip I can give you...Don't eat something sweet for breakfast....It makes me hungrier...Actually any sugar any time of day makes me hungrier....I eat two eggs microwaved with salt and pepper for breakfast---only 140 cals and full of protein...It keeps me satisfied much longer than anything else.----I also eat that for snacks at night too.
  • lunchgirlie
    lunchgirlie Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I just eat a lot of high bulk and low calorie veggies. I eat TONS of broccoli sometimes with lite dressing or hummus, but sometimes just with rice vinegar. Really, it's all about getting a whole lot of fresh fruits and veggies in you.
  • karensg
    karensg Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Be sure to eat enough protein. Nuts, soy, tofu, meats....They keep you feeling full longer and are necessary for your workouts and weight lost.
  • GreenGettingLean
    GreenGettingLean Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I took just a quick look at your diary for today and I have a few suggestions. First, 300 cals seems like a bit much for oatmeal. Have you tried switching to another brand? I eat Quaker Maple flavor - Reduced Sugar. It's pretty good, and if I want it a little sweeter I sprinkle a little splenda on it. Also, do you eat much raw fruits/veggies? I know it gets said all the time, but you can eat TONS of them for hardly any calories.

As for your dinners, try googling "400/500 calorie dinners" for some ideas! You could do some pasta, grilled chicken and veggies, really anything (in moderation!) for 700 cals. For what it's worth, I had chicken tenders, 3/4 cup of macaroni, and peas for about 550 cals for dinner tonight :smile:

I hope this helps. I know it can be very frustrating at first, but by no means do you need to starve! I've found I actually eat more now, just I eat the right things and keep unhealthy foods in moderation. If after 2 weeks or so you're still not feeling well, you may need to reevaluate your calories. How did you come up with 1570?
  • azzacca
    azzacca Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Take your 1500 calories and divide it by 5 meals. Eat 300 calories every 3 hours. Make sure every meal has high quality protein. Carbs are a great source of fast energy, but as your blood sugar dives, you get hungry again. If you add protein to the equation, about the times the carbs wear off, the protein will kick in and keep you full longer.

Don't worry so much about eating fat - you need fat to keep you satiated longer. So add some nuts (almonds, walnuts, cashews) to your oatmeal in the morning. Have some hardboiled eggs for your second meal. At lunch have some extra meat on your sandwich. Late afternoon, have some yogurt with protein powder in it.

Ever since I started adding more protein, and more meals, I've been able to stick to the 1500 calorie range. I
  • barbiex3
    barbiex3 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    start at a 500 deficit from your origional diet. if you used to eat 3000.. drop to 2500... the next week or two drop to 2000... then 1500..

the first week on here, I fainted twice. My blood sugar was WAY too low, and I was eating 2000-- netting about 1500, but I was used to about 2500-3500 a day, but I did lose 5 pounds the first week, so that was kinda cool, the fainting was not cool tho! take care of you body!
  • daves160
    daves160 Posts: 600
    Options
    Eat a high protein diet with lot of veggies and yogurt. Oatmeal is good, eggs, milk, nuts, berries. brocholi, carrots. Stay away from breads, white rice, potatoes and white pasta. They will increase your appetite.
    Try eating every 2-3 hours (5-7 smaller meals) instead of 3 big meals a day.
  • djenna8girl
    djenna8girl Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Exercising and eating back my calories works for me.... also, maybe think about throwing away the diet bread (which is probably nothing but flour and sugar) and swapping to it for a more substantial multi grain bread (higher cals, but will take longer to digest so you wont feel hungry so quickly) and maybe think about adding chicken breast or tuna to your sandwich instead of cheese, as the higher protein/lower fat per gram will also help stave off the hunger pains for longer :) good luck...