Happy National Coming Out Day!

Options
anjukins
anjukins Posts: 103 Member
In honor of National Coming Out Day, I'm coming out as ABSOLUTELY INTOLERANT of bullying, hatred, bigotry, prejudice, injustice, and inequality! I am a proud straight ally till the day I die!!!

2dc7eyv.jpg

Replies

• cheshirequeen
    cheshirequeen Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    couldn't have said it any better.
  • foremant86
    foremant86 Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    indeed!!
  • STARSHINE1975
    Options
    Bumpity bump. =)
  • bbwbeauty
    Options
    I am a proud straight ally also!!!!!
  • Bridge_CG
    Bridge_CG Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    I love this! My two best friends are gay, and dating... My uncle, who raised me.. Is gay. I pitty the people who can accept one another for who they are. If people just accepted one another, the world would be a much better place.

Thank you for posting this. I'm also a proud straight allies till death
  • Lisa_222
    Lisa_222 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Love my gay friends and family. Happy Coming out Day!
  • anjukins
    Options
    :smile:
  • therealkittymao
    therealkittymao Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Hooray! I am so grateful for the gay friends and family I have in my life, and I am more than happy to defend their rights even if it means giving up my straight privilege in the process.
  • anjukins
    Options
    Yes... that's a good point. It's one thing to say you support equality, but quite another to refuse the rights that aren't granted to your friends. It's hard to walk the walk but I think it's so important!!
  • anjukins
    Options
    Happy INTERNATIONAL coming out day, and good morning, to all you European MFP'ers. :)
  • edonald774
    edonald774 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    My little sister has a badge she wears which says it all...

Straight... but not narrow.

She says she has no problem with me being gay and loves and worships me for who I am - but my dress sense is what embarrasses her.
    I can't argue with that :0)
  • anjukins
    Options
    Tell her your dress sense might suck, but your suit sense is perfectly intact :)
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    gayrights.jpg

Happy International Coming Out Day everyone!! and let's all take a moment to breathe a sigh of releif for the brave men and women in uniform who can participate this year!! \o/
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    Here's to loving who loves you back!

irregardless... (*wink*)
  • edonald774
    edonald774 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Tell her your dress sense might suck, but your suit sense is perfectly intact :)

LOL why thank you
  • lor007
    lor007 Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    This is a great day.
  • bagreene
    Options
    Yesterday they had people handing out cupcakes on campus for it :).
    Happy out day to me! haha
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    Hooray! I am so grateful for the gay friends and family I have in my life, and I am more than happy to defend their rights even if it means giving up my straight privilege in the process.

What's a "Straight Priviledge"?
    I see your support, but I was ust wonderig where that coms from...

Edit: I am so proud of my mother for coming out many many years ago.
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    I'm with you!
  • Stacera
    Stacera Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    In honor of National Coming Out Day, I'm coming out as ABSOLUTELY INTOLERANT of bullying, hatred, bigotry, prejudice, injustice, and inequality! I am a proud straight ally till the day I die!!!

2dc7eyv.jpg

I:heart: this!!! I too am a straight ally!! I have taken many a stand against bullying and inequality, it's even made me a target in some cases, but I didn't care because I don't get such hatred and close-mindness against people who are just people whose choice in love seems different to some.. but not all of us. Love is love.