Clean Eating 'til Thanksgiving Challenge!

Options
2»

Replies

• tammylwv
    tammylwv Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I've been doing good so far. I've actually completed a 30 Day challenge that one of the things in there was to eat clean so that gave me a good start to incorporate everything I've learned/researched into action. :)

One slip up though and I just thought of it ... right now I'm eating a homemade egg burrito and well, realized the tortilla is WHITE and not my whole wheat. ugh! But, if that's all that's gonna happen today then I'm all good. :)
  • Seajolly
    Seajolly Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    I've been doing good so far. I've actually completed a 30 Day challenge that one of the things in there was to eat clean so that gave me a good start to incorporate everything I've learned/researched into action. :)

One slip up though and I just thought of it ... right now I'm eating a homemade egg burrito and well, realized the tortilla is WHITE and not my whole wheat. ugh! But, if that's all that's gonna happen today then I'm all good. :)

Glad to hear it's going well! One tortilla won't kill you today, and it's good you realized it! I am still drinking an almond milk that is slightly sweetened, just because I was 1/2 way through the bottle when I started eating clean. Once it runs out I will buy a "cleaner" almond milk, but until then I'm going to drink it because I didn't want to waste it!
  • dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join in, more to lurk and get ideas. I don't think I'm fully ready to make the jump yet. But looking at some of the recipes and the ideas you have it seems like I could make the switch slowly over time.

I do eat a lot of clean foods. I just need to switch them up a bit, like switching over from white rice to brown. I have already switched from boxed mixes to white and I steam them and add my own spices. I eat regular oatmeal that I make on my own, not from a packet. Next time I will try steel cut.

best wishes to you all. I hope this is ok.
    BTW my biggest challenge is work. I work in a restaurant, that serves very unhealthy foods, not natural at all. I do watch what I eat and have still managed to lose weight since I started working there.
  • dajn44
    dajn44 Posts: 13
    Options
    I am in ...I know I am starting a little late but here goes. I have a very competative nature and I have been trying to eat more clean so today starts it. Thanks for the websites I will go there and look at some foods that I can and should not eat. Will weigh in on Mondays

Thanks... any support will be appreciated.

SW 189
    GW 175 by thanksgiving.

Cut out soda, drink more green tea and eliminate processed high sugar foods.
  • Seajolly
    Options
    I'd like to join in, more to lurk and get ideas. I don't think I'm fully ready to make the jump yet. But looking at some of the recipes and the ideas you have it seems like I could make the switch slowly over time.

I do eat a lot of clean foods. I just need to switch them up a bit, like switching over from white rice to brown. I have already switched from boxed mixes to white and I steam them and add my own spices. I eat regular oatmeal that I make on my own, not from a packet. Next time I will try steel cut.

best wishes to you all. I hope this is ok.
    BTW my biggest challenge is work. I work in a restaurant, that serves very unhealthy foods, not natural at all. I do watch what I eat and have still managed to lose weight since I started working there.

Welcome to the challenge! We're happy to have you. It must be hard to work in an unhealthy restaurant, so hopefully this thread helps you make some healthier choices. Congrats on continuing to lose weight while working in a place like that! Takes strength!
  • Seajolly
    Options
    I am in ...I know I am starting a little late but here goes. I have a very competative nature and I have been trying to eat more clean so today starts it. Thanks for the websites I will go there and look at some foods that I can and should not eat. Will weigh in on Mondays

Thanks any support will be appreciated.

Not late! We still have 43 days until Thanksgiving! :drinker: Welcome to the challenge and best of luck!
  • misssmiles
    misssmiles Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    alright... so i was about ready to give up on eating clean because i was feeling sick, dizzy, and lethargic... along with being super hungry all day... until i posted my symptoms as my status and got some very insightful information from my MFPs!! Someone pointed out that all i was eating in the morning were carbs... no protein... and my body was digesting these carbs so fast without having the protein to digest along with it thus causing my symptoms. previously i had been eating a luna bar for breakfast and feeling fine and energized all day... soooo... tomorrow i am going to have a whole wheat tortilla, almond butter and strawberry wrap for breakfast as a way to start my CLEAN day out right!! i also plan to swap my Kashi cookie with a lara bar on my morning break.

i understand that oatmeal or eggs are the best "Clean" breakfast choices... but that would involve me getting up earlier to have a sit down breakfast... i usually eat breakfast in the car on the way to work...
  • JamesonsMommy
    JamesonsMommy Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    Dinner tonight was awesome.. I chopped about 2 cups of bok choy, 1 onion, 4 cloves of garlic and cooked it with about 12 ounces of boneless skinless chicken breast.. pulled chicken and shredded it.. added back to veggies cooked for about another minute. I made lettuce wraps out of romaine and garnished with tomatoes.. super yummy :)
  • Seajolly
    Options
    alright... so i was about ready to give up on eating clean because i was feeling sick, dizzy, and lethargic... along with being super hungry all day... until i posted my symptoms as my status and got some very insightful information from my MFPs!! Someone pointed out that all i was eating in the morning were carbs... no protein... and my body was digesting these carbs so fast without having the protein to digest along with it thus causing my symptoms. previously i had been eating a luna bar for breakfast and feeling fine and energized all day... soooo... tomorrow i am going to have a whole wheat tortilla, almond butter and strawberry wrap for breakfast as a way to start my CLEAN day out right!! i also plan to swap my Kashi cookie with a lara bar on my morning break.

i understand that oatmeal or eggs are the best "Clean" breakfast choices... but that would involve me getting up earlier to have a sit down breakfast... i usually eat breakfast in the car on the way to work...

Yes, with eating clean, protein is super important! Glad you figured out the reason you weren't feeling well and didn't have to give up eating clean. From what I've been reading so far, it's important to have slow carbs like whole grains and protein at every meal.
  • Seajolly
    Options
    Dinner tonight was awesome.. I chopped about 2 cups of bok choy, 1 onion, 4 cloves of garlic and cooked it with about 12 ounces of boneless skinless chicken breast.. pulled chicken and shredded it.. added back to veggies cooked for about another minute. I made lettuce wraps out of romaine and garnished with tomatoes.. super yummy :)

Sounds absolutely delicious and so clean! Nice dinner!
  • robinso5
    robinso5 Posts: 310 Member
    Options

Msssmiles you need to get an omelet maker from walgreens ($5) or walmart (dont know their price) and a microwavable bowl and buy your oatmeal and premix it in ziploc bags for 5 days and mix your omelet ingredients for 5 days in small containers, this way you will have 2 weeks worth of breakfast after one days work, then in the AM as soon as you get up, go plug in the omelet maker and spray it, crack two eggs and mix ingredients and pour yoru omelets ( 2 eggs make 2 omelets in mine) and then go brush shower and do whatever for 8-10 min. come back unplug and take out the pan breakfast is ready to go with you in the car! as for oatmeal pour in bowl put milk in it and put in microwave for one minute and its ready to eat in the car on the way, just remember to make it thck and not thin for riding purposes!
  • Seajolly
    Options
    Hey everyone! How is the eating clean going? For me, it's going very well so far. I notice big changes in my body, especially in regards to the sugar I think!

I think we should do a mini-challenge soon to keep us motivated! Either me or misssmiles will report back soon with the details!
  • Seajolly
    Options
    Hey everyone, how's the clean eating going?

I've veered off track for a few days and really need to get back on track with my eating clean! I felt amazing when I was doing it really purposefully and right. So today is the day I get back on track. :smile:
  • misssmiles
    misssmiles Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    i was incredibly disorganized last night and this morning... and didn't have time to pack a lunch... so i had a lean cuisine... yuck... and that bad decision led to pre packaged dinner too... yuck... may this be a lesson on organization for everyone!
  • Seajolly
    Options
    i was incredibly disorganized last night and this morning... and didn't have time to pack a lunch... so i had a lean cuisine... yuck... and that bad decision led to pre packaged dinner too... yuck... may this be a lesson on organization for everyone!

Yeah, it is tough! Eating clean requires a lot of thinking ahead. My meals have been mostly clean lately, but I've had some slip ups here and there. I know that if I do it right, I can easily lose the weight, but it requires a lot of planning and dedication! It is a process!
  • hwalter1
    hwalter1 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I would like to join. :)