Do you want people drooling over your profile?

Options

Replies

• Gigi_licious
    Gigi_licious Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options
    I think many of them just like hearing that they've made every guy on their friends list penis hard. After years of not getting much attention, I think now they are desperately trying to make up for the time lost and enjoying teasing the guys and hearing about how...excited...they are. IMO (meaning, in MY opion...again, MY opion)....

I would also like to note that I am NOT talking about ANYONE on my friends list. Just FYI. :-)
  • MFPAddict
    MFPAddict Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    Well I know I didn't vote for funny sock day!! :sad:

My handknit socks are NOT funny.

Well, okay, some of them are, but not those specifically. Although the name of my project for these socks (on Ravelry) is a little bit amusing.

(and my illusion that you were actually LL Cool J has been shattered)

Other than me being caucasian, we look like identical twins.
  • PeachyKeene
    PeachyKeene Posts: 1,645 Member
    Options
    I don't know about others, but going from 220 pounds, to 150 pounds, working out hard and long, 6 days a week for the past 9 months, I am pretty D.A.M.N. proud of what I have accomplished. I post my pictures for everyone to see what I have achieved thru hard work. Yes it feels really good to get the comments from anyone male or female about how good I look, no doubt.

from this

215-2-1.jpg

to this
    359035_5385.jpg

still a little more to go
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    I don't know about others, but going from 220 pounds, to 150 pounds, working out hard and long, 6 days a week for the past 9 months, I am pretty D.A.M.N. proud of what I have accomplished. I post my pictures for everyone to see what I have achieved thru hard work. Yes it feels really good to get the comments from anyone male or female about how good I look, no doubt.

from this

215-2-1.jpg

to this
    359035_5385.jpg

3.gif
  • suzycreamcheese
    suzycreamcheese Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    its just a pic of me, it aint hot, unless you get off on running gear. Its not even about showing off my figure, cos tbh, thats something ill never be happy with, (and no that doesnt mean i want to lose more weight)

Ive put it up cos it seems an appropriate picture for a health and fitness site.

I
  • PeachyKeene
    Options

from this

215-2-1.jpg

to this
    359035_5385.jpg

3.gif

Yes! Mission accomplished I made someone drool over me. :wink: :laugh:
  • ABetterBalance
    Options
    How amazing is it that people have finally gotten enough confidence to show part of their body. For many of us who have lost a significant amount of weight, it is the first time we have ever felt comfortable showing off our body. This is a relatively safe venue to do so, we are surrounded by encouraging people that are try to achieve similar goals. Distorted body image is a real issue for many and it is through the accolades of others that starts chipping down our walls. We don't see it and don't believe it but some of those compliments get through and for that moment you see yourself as possibly attractive. Often it is fleeting but if there are more moments and more soon our confidence grows and we become a different person. So I say show off your muscles, show off your perky girls whatever makes you feel attractive and have a sense of worth for that moment. Oh and if people use it to hook up ROCK ON!!! Awesome, I love it...Why the heck not!! And YES, I would love people to be drooling…lol..they are sooooooo not, but wouldn’t that be cool for the first time in my life I would be objectified once in a while…ya it would be cool.

I know I'm probably in a long line of people saying ^^^ "what she said" :heart: this response.

Personally, I don't have any pictures that really qualify my to give an answer, since mine are not the type that inspire drooling. But I do enjoy looking to see how people express themselves in their pictures. Some of them are not to my taste, some are very motivating. To each his/her own.

I am waiting for the day when I feel more confident in my own body and comfortable in my skin. And if that day comes, I probably will put some pictures up to celebrate!
  • EmpressOfJudgment
    EmpressOfJudgment Posts: 1,162 Member
    Options
    It's pretty obvious to me that some people are showing off their hard work in the gym and other people just like to show off their bodies for sexual attention. But their motivation, although usually obvious based on the photo itself (e.g. boobs vs. washboard abs), is really none of my business. People are so quick to judge around here. Sometimes it's disguised as an "innocent" question, but it's still an obvious judgement. This is a diverse message board/social network. We have people from all walks of life. You have to expect things sometimes of which you don't approve. Personally, I'm more offended by people pushing their puritanical beliefs on me than I am on an occasional butt picture.

One thing I learned about the internet a long time ago is that if you are easily offended or have a thin skin, you should stick to message boards and websites that cater to your beliefs. Otherwise, buckle up and put on your helmet and be prepared to be offended at some point. That's just the real world.
  • Gigi_licious
    Gigi_licious Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options
    There's a difference between showing off your body and putting up pics of you in see through panties and just your hands covering your nipples like you're on the front cover of play boy or something. I think if someone has a pic of them in a bikini, or cute butt pics in their little shorts, or a sports bra and shorts that's one thing and that's awesome! I like those pics because they inspire me and make me slowly but surely want to work harder....like that annoying girl that keeps posting about her new boobs but has really nice abs. I admire her abs. But sometimes the pics cross the line. You can show off your body while being classy. It's not necessary to look slutty to show your progress. IMO.
  • PeachyKeene
    Options
    It's pretty obvious to me that some people are showing off their hard work in the gym and other people just like to show off their bodies for sexual attention. But their motivation, although usually obvious based on the photo itself (e.g. boobs vs. washboard abs), is really none of my business. People are so quick to judge around here. Sometimes it's disguised as an "innocent" question, but it's still an obvious judgement. This is a diverse message board/social network. We have people from all walks of life. You have to expect things sometimes of which you don't approve. Personally, I'm more offended by people pushing their puritanical beliefs on me than I am on an occasional butt picture.

One thing I learned about the internet a long time ago is that if you are easily offended or have a thin skin, you should stick to message boards and websites that cater to your beliefs. Otherwise, buckle up and put on your helmet and be prepared to be offended at some point. That's just the real world.

This^
  • Unwrapping_Candy
    Unwrapping_Candy Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Though I would never post a "risqué" photo of myself in my current state of whaledom I think I would certainly do so once I am confident in and happy with my body. I wouldn't be doing it to attract the "opposite" sex because I'm a lesbian, but I wouldn't really be doing it to attract another woman either. I'd be doing it as though it's some kind of victory dance. lol And if people were to drool over it I'd be cool with that as long as they didn't get any drool on me.
  • ThePhoenixRose
    ThePhoenixRose Posts: 1,985 Member
    Options
    I'm not gonna lie. A little bit of both! I don't think i started out looking terrible. Just wasn't happy with what i saw in the mirror. I've posted the pics I have because I like them, or they mean something to me. Clearly, I'd like for people to think i look good. It's a little ego boost, and really, who doesn't want that on occasion?!?! But more importantly, when i come on here, i want to feel good. if a pic of my boobs makes me feel good, then that's what i'll have up. If a pic of fish taco love makes me feel good, that's what i'll have up! depends on my mood!

I hope to be able to show off the results of my hard work soon though. And i can guarantee that I'll be showing it ALL OFF!
  • Rave1966
    Rave1966 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Drooling? I suppose it beats vomiting I suppose! I just think it is right that a pic be displayed to show "this is me". I'm not sure why people put pics of wonderfully toned chests, legs, arms etc but it's a free country at the end of the day. As to trying to "find somebody", that wouldn't be anyone's primary goal surely? But if "Miss Right" happens to be reading this....."hi, how YOU doing?"(in best Joey voice). Lol
  • 3ur3ka
    3ur3ka Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    There's no drooling over mine. It was just a "OMFG IT IS WEARING A DRESS!" moment.
  • leilani♥
    Options
    when I lose the other half of my weight... I'll be posting pin up pics of myself. WHY? Because I worked my *kitten* off to get to that point. I am not here to judge anyone who puts up pics of their boobs/butt. I think it's sexy and I'm happy for those people that they have the confidence to do it! :)
  • Secret_Agent_007
    Options

from this

215-2-1.jpg

to this
    359035_5385.jpg

3.gif

Yes! Mission accomplished I made someone drool over me. :wink: :laugh:

Damn right! And I hope to do the same some day soon. Well done!!
  • MIMITIME
    MIMITIME Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    TOPIC: Do you want people drooling over your profile?

Well I'm an old man I think those days r over, hahahahaha!!!!

Ha Ha - I am an old lady so I know those days r over!
  • MFPAddict
    MFPAddict Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options

Well said.
  • gcineas
    gcineas Posts: 121
    Options
    I am proud! Although I am very critical of my body and I have a LONG way to go before I am perfect (in my eyes) I want to remind myself of what I have accomplished. I also want to show others what they can achieve.
  • foremant86
    foremant86 Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    There's a difference between showing off your body and putting up pics of you in see through panties and just your hands covering your nipples like you're on the front cover of play boy or something. I think if someone has a pic of them in a bikini, or cute butt pics in their little shorts, or a sports bra and shorts that's one thing and that's awesome! I like those pics because they inspire me and make me slowly but surely want to work harder....like that annoying girl that keeps posting about her new boobs but has really nice abs. I admire her abs. But sometimes the pics cross the line. You can show off your body while being classy. It's not necessary to look slutty to show your progress. IMO.

^^ this for sure.

this "debate" has come up before.

Sorry ladies but putting up a pic of your cleavage is not showing any accomplishment, it's done for attention.

There are plenty of people with pictures that truly show how far they've come, and there are others who have pictures that you wouldn't normally see outside of a playboy magazine....