Shape Ups

Options
2»

Replies

• penelofur
    penelofur Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I got them when they first came out- and they were REALLY comfortable- but they did nothing for me physically. Plus they fell apart on me really fast ( I wore them everyday to work)....
  • kailyamie
    kailyamie Posts: 130
    Options
    I bought some shape-ups and they screw with my sciatic. If I wear them for too long or too many days in a row, I get the WORST sciatic nerve pain. They SUCK!
  • shawnscott5
    shawnscott5 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Seeing as they just paid out a 25 million dollar settlement for false advertising, no they don't work.

My mom broke her ankle wearing the sketcher ones.
  • frugalmomsrock
    Options
    Seeing as they just paid out a 25 million dollar settlement for false advertising, no they don't work.

My mom broke her ankle wearing the sketcher ones.

My mom fell and broke her ankle while she was wearing crocs. I think we should sue too... :-/ Athletes have fallen and broken legs, ankles, had their head hit, etc. while wearing cleats. Maybe those are defective too.

The fact is, people do fall or step incorrectly and get hurt. It isn't necessarily the fault of the shoes...

Just my 2c on the subject.
  • Seajolly
    Seajolly Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    I bought Sketchers Tone Ups (the "running shoe" version of the Shape Ups) and got terrible shin splints. Switched to Asics and the pain went right away! Absolutely 100% do not recommend them. I also think it's a load of BS that they perform any better than regular sneakers/trainers for weight loss... I just bought mine because they were cute.