Thanksgiving Challenge - 08/17-11/23 // (CLOSED GROUP)

Options

Replies

• Seagazer
    Options
    What is it about Tuesdays that makes me forget to drink the water?

What is it about Tuesdays that makes me reach for biscuits before realising that Wednesday is weigh in day?

Luckily I realised as I was about to go for the chocolate! I seem to lose on Sundays, and then again Thursday... but Wednesday? Never!!

Still the inches haven't let me down.

And the new jeans I bought two weeks ago, are already comfortably loose , so it is not all doom and gloom.

I got 4 big bags of fruit and veg Monday night for £15, all reduced, so have had a massive soup making session - perfect for the autumn chill that is tingeing the air.

I hope you all see the progress you want this morning

Seagazer
  • jrnygirl
    jrnygirl Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    What is it about Tuesdays that makes me forget to drink the water?
    What is it about Tuesdays that makes me reach for biscuits before realising that Wednesday is weigh in day?
    Luckily I realised as I was about to go for the chocolate! I seem to lose on Sundays, and then again Thursday... but Wednesday? Never!!

Still the inches haven't let me down.
    And the new jeans I bought two weeks ago, are already comfortably loose , so it is not all doom and gloom.
    I got 4 big bags of fruit and veg Monday night for £15, all reduced, so have had a massive soup making session - perfect for the autumn chill that is tingeing the air.

I hope you all see the progress you want this morning
    Seagazer

Great to hear about your jeans! That's a great feeling. I haven't noticed as much, but one pair of jeans I am now starting to have to pull up when I wear them. They seem a tad bit looser on my hips.
  • AshDHart
    AshDHart Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Not a great 4 weeks for me. Just 3.2 lbs and 2.25" down. I need to refocus on the water and exercise. I just keep telling myself "slow and steady" http://www.fitharts.com/2011/10/11/honey-were-killing-the-kid/

I hope everyone is doing great!
  • momof6monkees
    Options
    Neck: 15
    Chest (men, & women-beneath breasts): 40
    Bust (women across breasts): 43.5
    Waist: 39.5
    Hips: 48.5
    Upper arm: 17
    Forearm: 10.5
    Thighs: 29
    Calves: 16

no weight change :(
  • quietlywinning
    quietlywinning Posts: 889 Member
    Options
    Neck: 11,5
    Chest (men, & women-beneath breasts): 31.0
    Bust (women across breasts): 37
    Waist: 29.5
    Hips: 34
    Upper arm: 12
    Forearm:
    Thighs: 21.5
    Calves:

Weight - 139, same as last week.

Funny, I have never measured my calves! They have never bothered me, but I'm guessing that if anything, they have grown a bit, rather than losing. I only lost one half inch total in the last 4 weeks - in my chest. Weird. I think I'd better get back to hula hooping every day. I have been able to walk a lot, and am eating pretty good, so I'll just keep on keeping on. I went to a resale shop and got 2 pair of jeans that are a bit tight, but fit soooo much better than the old ones :bigsmile: and I am waiting for the day when they are a bit too loose! By Thanksgiving they should not be at all tight anymore, anyway.
  • Jennyisbusy
    Jennyisbusy Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    Wow - I forget all about doing the weigh in.:ohwell:
  • Jennyisbusy
    Options
    Hey guys I started an open challenge to get some exercise motivation going. Come on over and join me:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/368688-mr-stay-puft-challenge-easy-and-fun
  • shauna121211
    shauna121211 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    I sent this through a private message but just want to make sure you got it because it hasn't been updated!

MEASUREMENTS:
    Neck: 13.5
    Chest (men, & women-beneath breasts): 32.5
    Waist: 31.5
    Hips: 38.75
    Upper arm: 12.25
    Forearm: 10
    Thighs: 23.75
    Calves: 15

Weight:166.2
  • AshDHart
    Options
    I sent this through a private message but just want to make sure you got it because it hasn't been updated!

MEASUREMENTS:
    Neck: 13.5
    Chest (men, & women-beneath breasts): 32.5
    Waist: 31.5
    Hips: 38.75
    Upper arm: 12.25
    Forearm: 10
    Thighs: 23.75
    Calves: 15

Weight:166.2

I'm helping jrnygirl out since she has been feeling sick. I updated your stats Shauna. You had a great loss this month in inches!

I saw a lot of good changes in measurements this past month from a lot of you. WTG everyone!!!

If the spreadsheet isn't updated with your stats let us know or send me or jrnygirl a message.
  • Seagazer
    Options
    [/quote]

I'm helping jrnygirl out since she has been feeling sick.
    [/quote]

I hope she is feeling better soon:flowerforyou:

edited to add the quotes, but they are there, so not sure why it isn't showing like a quote!!
  • shauna121211
    Options
    Hope you get better jrnygirl! Thanks to those helping her out! I'd offer, but I'm swapped with my own Ripped in 30 Challenge... :P
  • jrnygirl
    jrnygirl Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    thanks ashley for updating the info.
    thanks shauna121211 and seagazer for the well wishes. am doing much better than last week. still can't get rid of this pesky cough and occasional stuffiness. Energy levels still fluctuating up and down, but overall i'm definitely getting better.

Hope everyone is still doing good
  • AmyMW7
    AmyMW7 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I was a little nervous stepping on the scale this morning, but I stayed the same this week, which i'm happy for since i was on vacation most of the week!

i'm still at 163.

hope everyone is doing good.

glad you're feeling better jrnygirl.

-Amy
  • vdlomas
    vdlomas Posts: 36
    Options
    No lose here still at the same weight from last wednesday - 201.8... So looking forward to being under 200 lbs again...
  • Jennyisbusy
    Options
    I am at 188. (I have not stopped being amazed by that fact yet!)
  • AshDHart
    Options
    I am at 188. (I have not stopped being amazed by that fact yet!)

That is really great Jenny!!!

I'm at 312 down 1.8 for the week! Last night when I finished logging my food I got "If every day were like today... You'd weigh 299.4 lbs in 5 weeks" I realize that not everyday is going to be this way but just seeing a number under 300lbs is making me cry. Can't wait to see it on my scale! :bigsmile:
  • AshDHart
    Options
    We are just over 64% into this challenge. Many of us set goals that might have a tad high in the beginning or we had a rough patch and realistically we won't make our initial goal by Thanksgiving. I believe it was Shauna that suggested reevaluating our goals.

So for anyone that wants to figure it out here you go.

Take the initial goal and multiple by .36 to see how much you should have left by now. If that number is wildly different than what you really have it might be good to readjust your goals so that you don't feel let down by Thanksgiving.

For me I had a horrible September and I don't see making up those 7 lbs by Thanksgiving. I should only have a tad over 12 lbs to go but I have 19 because of September. I'm going to wait until the end of October and then readjust the rest of my years goals.

I'm all for challenging ourselves but sometimes we have to step back and regroup. Because honestly, I might not have lost 21.5 lbs by now but I'm damn happy with the 14.8 lbs that I did lose!
  • momof6monkees
    Options
    219.8 for a total loss last week of 4.8 pounds :)

I cheated right after weigh in last week because there was no change. Apparently it worked! :)
  • shauna121211
    Options
    Yep Ash, it was me! And I agree! I think some people had unrealistic goals from the beginning - maybe they put their ultimate goal rather than their Thanksgiving day goal? Who knows!

I'm actually right on track to meet my goal, so I really hope I can! To be under 160 would be AMAZING! Hopefully Jillian will get me there.

Haven't gotten to a scale, but I will be weighing in tomorrow morning! Should I send my weight to you Ash or still Jrnygirl?

Have a great day ladies - we're all doing awesome!
  • AshDHart
    Options
    Yep Ash, it was me! And I agree! I think some people had unrealistic goals from the beginning - maybe they put their ultimate goal rather than their Thanksgiving day goal? Who knows!

I'm actually right on track to meet my goal, so I really hope I can! To be under 160 would be AMAZING! Hopefully Jillian will get me there.

Haven't gotten to a scale, but I will be weighing in tomorrow morning! Should I send my weight to you Ash or still Jrnygirl?

Have a great day ladies - we're all doing awesome!

That might be it. Mine was tight. I couldn't have one plateau and unfortunately I did. I had to readjust once during the summer for the same reason.

You could send them to both if you want. I know jrnygirl is taking care of a sick daughter right now so not sure when she will have a chance to update.

I feel like I'm getting a cold and I have a seminar to teach this Friday so I'm sitting on the couch resting until then. Exercise will be gentle stretching and some light yoga for me.