Do you judge others on their workout clothes?

Options
If it's not matching I'm like "gah!"

Replies

• pawprint061
    Options
    I don't really judge, but I take notice. I do wonder how some people left looking the way they did... but to some it may be about comfort. I don't care as long as your covered and your comfortable.
  • janet_pratt
    janet_pratt Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Only women who work out wearing a bra. A bra is not a shirt.
  • rockieschick
    rockieschick Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Thats why I workout in my basement. Nobody judges me! :blushing:

haha but im seriously not horrible! hahaha cause that would drive ME nuts!
  • therealkittymao
    therealkittymao Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I'm the exact opposite... I figure if I am going to get disgustingly sweaty (which I do, it's nasty), I should wear old crappy t-shirts and sweat pants!!!:happy:
  • itontae
    itontae Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    no
  • Dkenny74
    Dkenny74 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I dont really care what I look like when IM working out.
    I normally wear Old T-shirts and ugly K-Mart jersey shorts.
  • bwattelet
    bwattelet Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Workout clothes not so much.. But it drives me crazy when I see some of the ladies with ten pounds of makeup on!! And there I am sweating like a pig!!
  • Pocket_Pixi
    Pocket_Pixi Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    As long as their bits are covered I tend to not pay attention. BUT I am also one that wears sweats and Tshirts because I honestly amd not there to pick anyone up so I don't care what I look like lol
  • samwelli
    Options
    I just wear something to be comfortable. I know I am going to sweat and everything is going into the assh as soon as I get home anyway. Usually sweats and a short or long sleeve t. Sometimes my pants may have holes in them and sometimes the shirt may be so old and stained that you may wonder why i have not burned it yet. Sme of my clothes now hang on me since I am down almost 4 pounds since march, but they are comfortable. I promise to never go shirtless in the gym and I will never wear a bra.
  • DeviantDarkwolf2
    DeviantDarkwolf2 Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Don't think it matters what people wear as long as they are pushing their hardest and not making a fashion show about it. Here in New Zealand we don't have the extended range of workout clothes available, so I do get a bit envious with all the nice outfits other countries have.
  • everydaypam
    everydaypam Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I can't judge because I am a terrible culprit. Last night I got home, rushed dinner and quickly threw on clothes to make my class on time not realizing until I left the gym that my blue bra showed right through the tanktop I had on. Another time I realized getting home that my dogs had chewed a nice hole in the butt of the pants I was wearing. The person behind me had a peak while I was working out that day! I now openly apologize to everyone else I encounter at the gym...but at least my clothes are clean!
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    In the classes I teach I get excited when people give up their old sweats in place of something a little smaller, particularly the women in my step classes. When they first join they might as well be wearing pj's, but the first time they step into the room in their first tank or spandex capris I think "good for you" . . . so I don't think that the type of judging you were going for with your scarcasm, but it says a lot about that woman's confidence. Same thing with they guys in my pump classes, over time they chose clothes that they are wearing, instead of clothes that are wearing them.
  • SpeedBump1
    SpeedBump1 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    It doesn't matter to me. We are all there for a purpose and that's to get healthy or remain healthy. Clothes does not make you healthy or unhealthy.
  • tomomatic
    tomomatic Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    I steer clear of the people working out in those plastic sweat suits. One time, I was right next to this lady who was busting her *kitten* on the elliptical machine next to me. At some point she put down her arms and about a quart of sweat poured out of her sleeves and hit the floor next to me. I think I threw up in my mouth a little.
  • mbaldan
    mbaldan Posts: 35
    Options
    I could care less. I mean, I'm/you/they are going to get all nasty and sweaty anyway so who cares what you're wearing. Comfort and movement are what's important. If someone is judging me on my workout clothes then they are, obviously, at the gym for the wrong reason.
  • Kolohe71
    Kolohe71 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    There are other people at the gym? Unless they are using a machine that I am trying to get on, I don't really pay attention.
  • jamiesadler
    jamiesadler Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    the only thing that irritates me is the girls that show up looking like they are headed tot he club or just got off the street corner.
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    This was sort of in jest to the thread about judging people about what they eat. We really shouldn't care.
  • Rikki444
    Rikki444 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    hahaha..... actually, only when it is matchy-matchy, super expensive gear.... and we're not at a gym or park.... and there's a cup of starbucks in one hand and a yorkie in the purse..... 'judge' as.... 'what part of this picture does not belong'.... maybe it's an AZ thing.
  • noneya2010
    noneya2010 Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Wow really?? Cause I'm the one who puts on the most comfortable thing I have and that is usually my cotton, stretch capris that have paint all over them!! And I don't give a darn what anyone thinks of it, nor do I care what anyone else has on! I'm there to work out and get healthy and comfort is key!!