When is deleting an MFP ok?

Options
2»

Replies

• missmaggiemd
    missmaggiemd Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I have deleted a couple . I didn't feel encouraged or motivated by them at alll and felt I needed room on my friend list for mfp that needed me as much as I needed them. I think its ur call its all about what you need out of it all! Good luck on your venture:-)
  • reepobob
    reepobob Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Deletes for the following reason:

1. Quiet as a church mouse
    2. Don't log within weeks
    3. Annoy the *kitten* out of me
    4. Think this site is a place to practice their drama class...
  • Sul3i
    Sul3i Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    I say yes. I have deleted people who even tho I encurage them I don't get anything in return. Not that I'm saying I need attention but I feel its give some get some when it comes to the encouragment on a site like this :) I mean after all that's y u add the friends for support right...I especially delete em when I know they just gave up and don't log in anymore... good luck to u!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,106 Member
    Options
    Deleted.
  • Sublimely_Self_Righteousreused
    Options
    I delete people for all kinds of reasons.
  • california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    Wait? You can delete people? Be right back...
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    I'd rather they delete me. Saves me time. Unless I'm dropping a deuce, then I'm on the app, where I swipe before I wipe.
  • My3Rayz
    My3Rayz Posts: 373
    Options
    All my friends are required to sign a "never delete Lisa" clause or I kill their dog!
  • badelia18
    badelia18 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    It's definitely your call because it's your page. Don't feel bad if you delete someone. I'm looking for encouragement too, not a daily list of what laundry you did or what show you watched.
  • chrissaucier
    chrissaucier Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I delete only after 2 weeks of no posting. People have vacations, holidays etc and don't always have access or want to get away from every day things.
  • MsFitnFabulous
    MsFitnFabulous Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Only in a leap year.

Sike! Sometimes I get delete happy. I've recently started hiding people's newsfeed as well. So it looks like we're friends, but we're really acquaintances. I won't support you and get nothing in return.
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    Is it ok to delete a "friend" if you never get an encouranging word? And find yourself only giving high fives to them? Help me out on this please

you bet!!! but that person might be a quiet,reserving type, too. if you notice they comment to everyone else, then I guess it's ok to let them go. I only chop people who have been inactive for months..you never know who you might inspire without even knowing :-)
  • lisamc03
    lisamc03 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    :huh:
  • Judas_Queen
    Judas_Queen Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    It all depends what you think really :)

I don't dish out LOADS of "WTG"'s etc, because I'm actually quite busy, but will try and comment when I can. I'd be upset if someone deleted me just because of that...

I have deleted others though for such comments:-

"Why aren't I losing weight... I weigh myself everyday blah blah.. i'm not going to eat more than 1000 cal's" and then 2 days later they say they've binged and then the next day they have a moan again, i cba with those people...

But if you only want friends on here that are encouraging then you have to do what is going to help you :)
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    surprisenoonecares.jpg

It's your choice when you delete people. Everybody has different opinions on the matter. Some people even delete people because they haven't logged on for a few days. :noway:

Your friends list - your decision when to delete. :smile:
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I tend to delete them if they've been inactive for a long period of time....or quite honestly if their personality just does not mesh with mine.

this! i have also got rid of a couple of peole who have ridiculous diets of junk food and cant figure out why they arent losing!
  • lookitscaitlin
    Options
    I have good pals that I am in constant communication with but I had other pals and I didn't have anything from them so yeah, I deleted them. Im sure they have done the same for other people. Some people you connect with some you don't. It's ok :)
  • mfpseven
    mfpseven Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    It may sound harsh but it IS called a friends list, if they don't want to encourage you or you find it hard to keep up with them maybe it is better that you don't just add status updates to each others pages. If people stop coming they are giving up on you the same as they are each other. Don't feel bad for trimming the excess, that is what this site is about.
  • ladybug1009
    ladybug1009 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I actually just deleted a bunch of people right now. They haven't logged in for 4-5 months.

I remember when I saw this girl deleted me because I didn't support her anorexic eating habits. Quite sad, really.