Do you judge others on their workout clothes?

Options

Replies

• PlunderBunneh
    PlunderBunneh Posts: 1,705 Member
    Options
    ...I wear make-up when I work out.

I don't put make-up on to workout, but I don't bother to take it off before. I don't wear hoochie makeup, but I'm really uncomfortable outside of the house without at least foundation on, and I don't need to add that discomfort to the list when I'm still not comfortable at the gym yet. Whatever, I know I'm a hot mess when I'm done, but it takes about twenty minutes of working out before I stop giving a rats tush how ridiculous I look.

I workout in a very very old v-neck hane's men's shirt. It has holes, and probably some stains, but daaaaamn is it comfortable. I have nice black workout pants. Most of the mornings I workout, the cardio area is filling with seniors, so I've seen some pretty eccentric outfits ;)
  • bbygrl5
    bbygrl5 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Certainly not the style of clothes. Unfortunately, any time you get a large group of people together in one place, you get a certain percentage of crazy.

Like people who want to lift weights barefoot or in flip flops
    Then, yes, I judge.

^This! This dude was heavy lifting in his socks the other day at the gym. WTF?????? o_O Like a bad car accident, I won't be able to look away when something happens to him.
  • annetteslackmoehrle
    Options
    No. Who are we to judge?
  • Danahimself
    Danahimself Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I dont think I need to be in the gym if thats what I am doing there...lift away!
  • HonestOmnivore
    HonestOmnivore Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    I work out at a university rec center. At six thirty AM I'm just impressed that people are functional!

I might judge the fashion majors who come in all decked out with pretty nails but that's mostly because I'm jealous of their 20 year old skinny selves who have time to party, put on make up and do their nails, work out AND go to college full time! I hear them chattering in the showers as I struggle to get my swim suit off my fat body and have to smile remembering when having a TA that had a thick accent was SUCH A BIG DEAL! Yeah - I'm jealous!

Otherwise it's not much as a 40 something to keep up (fashion wise) with the women in their 50s and 60s who are using the pool or lapping me on the track. We all dress for function!:drinker:
  • DawnOBRN
    DawnOBRN Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I'm the exact opposite... I figure if I am going to get disgustingly sweaty (which I do, it's nasty), I should wear old crappy t-shirts and sweat pants!!!:happy:

Ditto!
  • lakersfan4life
    lakersfan4life Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Only women who work out wearing a bra. A bra is not a shirt.

huh, where do you work out? im going to have to check out this gym.
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    I've seen women do this. Not a Victoria Secret bra (oh I wish) but sports bra. But usually have two?

But I can't make up my mind to be judgemental about it or be that guy that stares and makes her unconfortable.
  • leilani♥
    Options
    Honestly if I see a woman wearing a slutty outfit to the gym then yes I judge. In my head I'm like "what are you wearing?" There's quite a few at my gym all shapes & sizes that like to dress up all sexy to work out. I don't get it.
  • skierxjes
    skierxjes Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    I never match hahahaha
  • briehill
    Options

Come to FL, they're every where. Course I can understand that as it's hotter'n hell most of the year. If I ever look decent in just a sports bra I may take it up too...
  • Jeff92se
    Options
    Honestly if I see a woman wearing a slutty outfit to the gym then yes I judge. In my head I'm like "what are you wearing?" There's quite a few at my gym all shapes & sizes that like to dress up all sexy to work out. I don't get it.

I'm at the local Y so I probably haven't seen this. Is there an example pic?

It's been years since I've been at some of the night club gyms like Ballys, LA fitness etc.
  • GreenGettingLean
    GreenGettingLean Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Personally, I really really love workout clothes :smile: But who am I to judge what someone else wears? For all I know, that's all they can afford. Or maybe they've NEVER set foot in a gym before and this is their first time. I distinctly remember wearing a huge baggy t-shirt the very first time I ever went to a "real" gym several years ago. Did I look cute and put together? Hell no, but at least I was taking the first steps towards taking care of myself and rising above my physical limitations. Don't judge! Be glad that person has enough confidence to walk into a gym at all.

*runs off to buy new running shoes before anyone notices I mowed the lawn in mine last week*
  • InvictusPheonix
    InvictusPheonix Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    kind of the opposite?
    I usually look mildly homeless/definitely questionable, and unless people are in really really ridiculously good shape, i take it as kind of douche bagg-ish when people coordinate/look super put together in gym clothes....
    ...i cant help but subtly think "did you spend more time picking them out than using them?"
  • Lisa__Michelle
    Lisa__Michelle Posts: 845 Member
    Options

I go to Gold's gym and I saw a girl also who was running on the treadmill in her sports bra. It used to also think bad about people who did that; HOWEVER, isn't wearing a bikini in public more revealing than a sports bra????? If a girl can flaunt it and I don't see bare boobs then flaunt it!
  • Jeff92se
    Options
    I have no problems with a touch of side boob
  • mideon_696
    mideon_696 Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I imagine i would be judged on occasion, lol.

Like the other day, i turned up for my upper body session in what i was wearing all day, lol. long shorts to just below the knee, random t-shirt, chuck taylors, baseball cap.

Got the work done, got out.

This is very common for me. I dont get caught up in the while "gym attire" bull****.
    Usually wear board shorts, but if i'm in normal shorts, couldnt care less.
  • __natalie__
    __natalie__ Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I don't, at all, apart from this one time when a girl came into the gym (it was summer, and it was HOT) wearing a winter coat, over the top of a gym outfit. All buttoned up and everything. She then preceded to take off her shoes before going on the treadmill. Very strange!

Oh yeah, and yesterday when I saw a guy lifting in a pair of Toms, but I was more concerned about the complete lack of support than anything else!
  • Victoriav99
    Victoriav99 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Clothes don't bother me, but I do get annoyed with bad gym etiquette. Can't stand it when people are on their cell phones OR Worse- have their music playing without ear phones.... how is that okay? I don't want to hear your music while I'm playing mine (With earphones on- YES its that loud sometimes),
  • Jeff92se
    Options
    Lots of judgey (hungry) people here.