Do you judge others on their workout clothes?

Options

Replies

• barkin43
    barkin43 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    I don't care a whit about what others wear. I couldn't tell you what anyone at the gym was wearing when I worked out. If what I am wearing bothers someone, then I figure they are not there for the right reason - which is to get fit. We're not there to make a fashion statement. :glasses:
  • comeback0903
    comeback0903 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    maybe is a miami thing but I hate when they are matching from head to toe,with make-up on and talking on the phone..

seriously is a gym...people work-out here,sweat her ..... not stand and look pretty...

lol
  • GurleyGirl524
    GurleyGirl524 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I'm the exact opposite... I figure if I am going to get disgustingly sweaty (which I do, it's nasty), I should wear old crappy t-shirts and sweat pants!!!:happy:

Agreed. I'm going to look and smell bad when I'm done, so why try to look "cute" from the start. Oversize tee, and sweats or gym shorts. I need to sweat in comfort.
  • mideon_696
    mideon_696 Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Whats wrong with street type shoes!!! :p
    My chuck taylors are the best shoe i've worn when lifting. aside from Proper lifting shoes, i wouldnt wear anything else.

I dont normal judge anyone, but i do laugh at the people wearing "running" shoes when squatting/deadlifing, or overhead pressing. my running shoes are used for other stuff, you know, like walking and Running.
    Not really laughing, but cringing at the increased possibility of them hurting themselves.

there is no sideways support in those things, and the soles are not flat at all...

I see all sorts in our gym. people wearing the brand names(sucked in by the hype), people wearing crazy colours. people wearing ripped shirts etc (sometimes thats me, because i dont care). Even jeans, but they are usually only doing upper body lifting in those.

I say, wear what you want to wear, not what others think is right(cept the shoes - they are important).
  • patter10
    patter10 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    If it fits, covers all the areas, and can get jacked up without setting you back a few bills then wear it. I think the concept of designer gym wear is silly; these are clothes that are meant to be ruined.
  • Shellitz
    Shellitz Posts: 188
    Options
    I get frustrated when people look too perfect at the gym! matching gear, perfect hair, lots of bling and stuff...BLAH! Do some work slackers!!!! I wear my stretched, faded and loose t shirts cos it's going to be sweaty stinky mess by the time I am done.

But please, put your *kitten* crack away... HAHAHAHAHA
  • busywaterbending
    busywaterbending Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    It drives me nuts when a personal trainer or group class instructor wears old, thin and worn out attire. The worst is the thin instructor who wears the black spandex workout pants that are thined out in the bum and crotch, forcing you to look away when she bends over because they become completely transparent and the built in crotch means no thong. *~* eww.
  • bonnynblithe04
    bonnynblithe04 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I don't but I personally like to coordinate -- matching top, bottom, hoodie. I saw a woman in a Zumba class with two sports bras and a weight belt and I was like, "Why?"
  • Beckym1205
    Beckym1205 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Only women who work out wearing a bra. A bra is not a shirt.

I did that once... I forgot my shirt at home. But, I was only using the treadmill in the provacy of my moms home, so I think I was ok doing that (I got too much belly to even think about doing that in public).
  • kmcrey87
    kmcrey87 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Only if they are showing waaaay too much skin...butt, balls, or boobs hanging out and flying in every direction!
  • catshark209
    catshark209 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    I don't really give a f uck unless someone leaves a puddle of sweat on the machines. I won't even look at anyone. I've only actually gone to the gym a handful of times though.
    I did see two enormous women in full make up, false eyelashes, big hoop earrings and flip flops at the gym. They were "chillin" on the treadmill talking and laughing at everyone else.
    I work out in a sports bra and capris, so most of the haters here would lynch me:laugh:
  • Romans624
    Romans624 Posts: 822
    Options
    OP, just so you know, I got you from the start ;)
  • finabella
    finabella Posts: 176
    Options
    Only women who work out wearing a bra. A bra is not a shirt.

Yes to the above quote and also girls who need to buy a Sports bra for under the tops. There is one girl that comes to my gym she would easily be a EE and she wears normal skimpy bras. Watching her work out makes my chest hurt as those girls are getting thrown around all over the place OUCH!
  • KickinBooty
    Options
    For the most part I really don't really care what other people are wearing as long as they are covering the appropriate bits, ie. swimusit sections. I like to wear certain types of clothing to workout in because I don't like the feeling of glistening t-shirts (lol), so I use a lot of clothing from Moving Comfort-because they have the most amazing sports bras and they come in my size! You wouldn't believe how hard it is to find a good sports bra! Most bras just mash you down. However, it is one of my goals to someday buy a matching set of workout clothes. Though that's probably more for myself than anything else.
  • Birder150
    Birder150 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    OP, just so you know, I got you from the start ;)

exactly.
  • Birder150
    Birder150 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    OP, I think you're having us on. :tongue:

Having one on us?

that too. :happy:
  • lipglossjunky73
    lipglossjunky73 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I never judge when someone isn't dressed to perfection - I think - good for them - they are out there getting their sweat on. I AM impressed when someone looks fabulous when working out though. I wish I had more money for Lulu Lemon workout wear!!!
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    I don't judge others.. but I do judge myself when my clothes aren't matching.

I have a mild panic attack if my shirt doesn't go with my shorts/pants or my shoes don't match my top.. Prob. why all my bottoms are black, and my shirts are in the color scheme of pink and purple, since both pairs of my gym shoes have pink and purple in them.
  • Seajolly
    Seajolly Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    Now that I work for a high-end athletic clothing company, totally! :laugh:
  • ycc1964
    ycc1964 Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    I steer clear of the people working out in those plastic sweat suits. One time, I was right next to this lady who was busting her *kitten* on the elliptical machine next to me. At some point she put down her arms and about a quart of sweat poured out of her sleeves and hit the floor next to me. I think I threw up in my mouth a little.
    ROTFL