Anybody here use the shake weight?

mdmarcha
mdmarcha Posts: 76
edited October 3 in Fitness and Exercise
I've heard some people have success with it, and I am already happy with the muscle I have. I don't want to end up looking like a body builder, just tone and lean, like a soccer player. Is the shake weight good for me?

Replies

• Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Absolutely!
  • *kitten* *kitten* *kitten* your muscles into gear!
  • I've heard some people have success with it, and I am already happy with the muscle I have. I don't want to end up looking like a body builder, just tone and lean, like a soccer player. Is the shake weight good for me?
    [/quote}

i've read online that it takes alot for women to get bulky so u should be good with the shake weight
  • Lucylaser
    Lucylaser Posts: 94 Member
    I only use it when I am out trolling. So like during halloween time i use it a lot! I just dusted mine off today actually! What timing!
  • Personally, I think it would be very effective for toning, since high reps tends to tone muscles better.
  • I'm sure it's good, but the comedy routine with Saturday Night Live and the shake weight was hysterical:

http://www.hulu.com/watch/143264/saturday-night-live-shake-weight-dvd

:laugh: :laugh:
  • Gigi_licious
    Gigi_licious Posts: 1,185 Member
    Shakeweights are great for you! I used to have one, but then he turned into a jerk, now he's someone else's shakeweight to deal with.
  • OHHHHHHHH u actually mean from the commercials..."shake weight" means something else in my house but both work either way(heehee):blushing:
  • Personally, I think it would be very effective for toning, since high reps tends to tone muscles better.

Good to hear, I really want to tone and not get all bulgy and bulky.
  • SiltyPigeon
    SiltyPigeon Posts: 920 Member
    Is the shake weight good for me?

Only if you post pictures.
  • OHHHHHHHH u actually mean from the commercials..."shake weight" means something else in my house but both work either way(heehee):blushing:

I've had a crush on you for years.
  • Unwrapping_Candy
    Unwrapping_Candy Posts: 487 Member
    hysteriamachine.jpg

Is this a shakeweight??
  • capriciousmoon
    capriciousmoon Posts: 1,263 Member
    Most people actually have to work VERY hard to get big or bulky muscles. I know a guy that goes to the gym several times a week, does a lot of weight lifting, takes supplements and protein powder, and he still doesn't have huge muscles.
  • damifino
    damifino Posts: 22 Member
    If you don't want to gain a lot of muscle I suggest using lower weights but doing higher reps. It's perfect for toning without bulking up.
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    OHHHHHHHH u actually mean from the commercials..."shake weight" means something else in my house but both work either way(heehee):blushing:

I've had a crush on you for years.
    it-just-got-weird-men-s_design.png
  • Silverkittycat
    Silverkittycat Posts: 1,997 Member
    I've heard some people have success with it, and I am already happy with the muscle I have. I don't want to end up looking like a body builder, just tone and lean, like a soccer player. Is the shake weight good for me?

Screw that......shaken and stirred at the same time is the way to go.
    2350187555_06ce53f259.jpg
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Most people actually have to work VERY hard to get big or bulky muscles. I know a guy that goes to the gym several times a week, does a lot of weight lifting, takes supplements and protein powder, and he still doesn't have huge muscles.

Does this guy use a shake weight? Didn't think so.
    so, you can work very hard, or use a shake weight.
  • I'm sure it's good, but the comedy routine with Saturday Night Live and the shake weight was hysterical:

http://www.hulu.com/watch/143264/saturday-night-live-shake-weight-dvd

:laugh: :laugh:

I can't even look at the package much less buy it thanks to that commercial! :P I'd probably giggle and drop it everytime I touched it!!! :0) However, if you can "handle" it, I have heard it works well! :0) Best wishes!
  • Most people actually have to work VERY hard to get big or bulky muscles. I know a guy that goes to the gym several times a week, does a lot of weight lifting, takes supplements and protein powder, and he still doesn't have huge muscles.

That's good to hear.I've had a couple of friends and seen a few guys at the gym get really big really fast- like six months. But, I guess it is kind of rare. Must be genetics.
  • k2quiere
    k2quiere Posts: 4,151 Member
    hysteriamachine.jpg

Is this a shakeweight??

I bet you could build some killer muscles with the reps from that thing.
  • Unwrapping_Candy
    Unwrapping_Candy Posts: 487 Member
    hysteriamachine.jpg

Is this a shakeweight??

One of the disadvantages of this steam-powered contraption was that it didn't rep very fast. lol Our modern day "appliances" are so much better.

Take the Hitachi Magic Wand for example: hitachi_wand.jpg

It reps like 5,000 - 6,000 RPM. Now that's an intense effing shakeweight.

And don't even get me started on the Sybian. lol On second thought, get me started on it and I'll finish once in about a minute. Cheers!
  • hysteriamachine.jpg

Is this a shakeweight??

One of the disadvantages of this steam-powered contraption was that it didn't rep very fast. lol Our modern day "appliances" are so much better.

Take the Hitachi Magic Wand for example: hitachi_wand.jpg

It reps like 5,000 - 6,000 RPM. Now that's an intense effing shakeweight.

And don't even get me started on the Sybian. lol 220px-Tn_sybian_gmax1.jpg on second thought, get me started on it and I'll finish once in about a minute. Cheers!

lol, supplements!
  • wow lmao heres the best shake weight thing i have seen http://youtu.be/OJimN9RPwDw gotta love south park
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Personally, I think it would be very effective for toning, since high reps tends to tone muscles better.

Do you even shake?

this thread delivers LOLOLOL
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Wonder who is getting suspended from the forums due to this post...
  • Why would somebody get suspended?
  • hulk6
    hulk6 Posts: 13
    Wonder who is getting suspended from the forums due to this post...

Who?
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Why would somebody get suspended?
    Well I was part of the posts that started the suspensions and I think it was really the pictures that did it. That's the only reason I can explain for not being suspended myself.
    Just be careful. Many of you crack me up and I don't want you to go bye bye.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,939 Member
    Lol, I can promise you that you won't look like a body builder using a shake weight! But you may look like a pervert.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,939 Member
    Personally, I think it would be very effective for toning, since high reps tends to tone muscles better.
    Myth. You "tone up" muscles by stressing them. And actually heavier weights with low to moderate reps have a better effect on muscle.
This discussion has been closed.