TEAM HIDDEN TREASURES - WEEK 2 (CLOSED GROUP)

Options

Replies

• femmemusicale
    femmemusicale Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Hi Team - Got Plan B done, plus good on water and calories. So, that's a success!

However...really struggling with hunger these days. I'm not sure if it is because I lowered my calories recently (since reaching the next lower threshold) or maybe I'm not making great choices. I have noticed that I've been eating more carbs lately, and those tend to be a trigger for me. Not sure exactly where to go from here. Thoughts, ideas, and suggestions from my team would be MOST welcome.

Thanks!
    Noelle
  • trimom63
    trimom63 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    One-Eyed-Jackie reporting for duty!!

Here's my favorite part--my daughter helped me re-measure myself tonight. Since July 25th I've lost 4 inches from my waist (measured at navel) and 3 1/2 inches from my hips. 1 1/2 inches from my thighs, and 5 1/2 inches from my belly (measured at 2" above navel). No wonder my jeans fall off unless i wear a belt!! I knew I was loosing weight (41 pounds so far), but this really made me understand that i am actually doing it. :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

JACKIE!! That's fabulous!! I'm SO impressed!!! Love the one-eyed-jackie reference...made me giggle!!
  • trimom63
    Options
    Jill are we supposed to continue with your challenge ?
    It is rainy and miserable here in Maryland today and tomorrow. My daughter goes to an adventure camp called north bay in chesapeake bay next week I have to get all the gear for kayaking etc for her hopefully will keep logging and exercising.

You're doing great, Renu!! Hey, if you feel like you can push one exercise to the next level on a daily basis...GO FOR IT!! Really!! I mean, how are you going to know if you can do it unless you just try?? ;) You know from Sept, we're all about trying to push it to the next limit!!! :)
  • trimom63
    Options
    However...really struggling with hunger these days. I'm not sure if it is because I lowered my calories recently (since reaching the next lower threshold) or maybe I'm not making great choices. I have noticed that I've been eating more carbs lately, and those tend to be a trigger for me. Not sure exactly where to go from here. Thoughts, ideas, and suggestions from my team would be MOST welcome.

Thanks!
    Noelle

Oh Noelle, I struggle with this more than I care to admit!! I make SURE that I always have water or tea around me and I'm not shy about swiggin' it down...sometimes something hot makes it even more effective!! It's said that sometimes you aren't REALLY hungry, you're actually thirsty..and it looks like you're just drinking the minimum water...maybe up that some? I also keep some lunchmeat in my fridge at work as well as string cheese....anything with some protein! It doesn't look like you're making awful choices...just your choices aren't keeping you full? If you're having carbs, make sure that the carbs have a good fiber content too!! One last thought....are you keeping busy? I know that when I'm not busy enough, I get "hungry"...well, it's actually just boredom (or procrastinating doing something I really didn't want to do!!).... Just some thoughts!!! And I'm NOT going to tell you to eat carrot and celery sticks....hahahah!!! I would have liked to bop someone for telling me that one time!!!
  • trimom63
    Options
    Everybody that has checked in so far....you're all doing an outstanding job!! I'm so proud of you all!!

My day today....
    Cals under
    Water over
    Sodium...under....hey, I'll take any little victory I can get even if it's not part of our challenge!! heh, heh!!
    Challenge exercises....done....including the 2 extra miles from yesterday!!

Superb day everyone!!!!
  • Monica_has_a_goal
    Monica_has_a_goal Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Under cals
    Over water

Exercise suspended and taking the day off today instead of Sunday.. It was over 100 degrees or very close to it.. I didnt have the strength to exercise since I do most of mine outdoors!
  • jaeone
    jaeone Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    Day 3 - 1 minute bear walk, 50 Squat Kicks, 50 Jumping Jacks, 50 Crunches, 50 Split Squats, 1 mile walk, DONE

Water over
    Cals under
    100 crunches!!
  • jaeone
    jaeone Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    Sodium under!!
    YAY! JILL!!
  • PandaFit450
    PandaFit450 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Arr! me sea loving wenches!! I see some of yous are getting tired!! I have me 'cat' in hand - do not make me use it!!!
    Keep picturing how you want to look at the end of your journey - will you be slimmer? fitter? more toned?
    Ask yourselves, what do you want more - that image or a rest????? Arrr!!!

Jennie (Mathlete99) is feeling a little sea-sick at the moment, so may be a tad quiet for a couple of days - don't worry, she's still working!

Todays exercises -

PLAN A (Low Impact)

2 sets of 20 Sitting or Standing Jumping Jacks , 3 sets of 15 Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes, 3 sets of 20 Kicks, 2 sets of 20 Side Bends and today you need to walk for 10 - 15 minutes. Remember to walk one more than you did yesterday!

PLAN B (Mid Impact)

2 sets of 15 swimmer presses, 2 sets of 15 wood chops, 2 sets of 21’s, 2 sets of 15 lawnmowers

PLAN C (High Impact)

3 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses, 3 sets of 21’s, 3 sets of 15 Dumbbell Chest Fly’s, 3 Sets of 15 Lawnmowers, 3 sets of Tricep Kickbacks, 3 sets of 15 Woodchops, 20 Pushups (modified if needed) + 2 Extra Miles jog, walk,run

WEEK TWO TEAM CHALLENGE - Each person is to do 300 Crunches extra for the week. Let’s burn that belly fat away! *Feel free to do these exercises in sets if you are unable to do them all at one time. Please do your best as you are much stronger than you believe.

Shiver me timbers!!!
  • jmh35slh
    Options
    One-Eyed-Jackie reporting for duty!!

Here's my favorite part--my daughter helped me re-measure myself tonight. Since July 25th I've lost 4 inches from my waist (measured at navel) and 3 1/2 inches from my hips. 1 1/2 inches from my thighs, and 5 1/2 inches from my belly (measured at 2" above navel). No wonder my jeans fall off unless i wear a belt!! I knew I was loosing weight (41 pounds so far), but this really made me understand that i am actually doing it. :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

JACKIE!! That's fabulous!! I'm SO impressed!!! Love the one-eyed-jackie reference...made me giggle!!

HAHAH thanks Jill! if you only knew how true the "one-eyed' commet is!! I'm blind as a bat with coke bottom glasses! LOL! I live in my contacts.
  • scapez
    scapez Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    GREAT JOB...I know it's gotta' be hard trying to conquere 2 MAJOR projects at once...I'm really proud of the job you're doing@

Thank you very much! I've been 'at this' since May, so I figured it was time to tackle the smoking now. Surprisingly, it's going pretty well so far. I'm on the patch (have done this before -- MANY times!) so that really helps with the cravings. Patch or not they still come at times - it'll hit me out of the blue all of a sudden - my brain goes "time to smoke!" then I remember I'm not smoking...kind of a let down when that happens. The only cure for that is time.

That said, I haven't been feeling very motivated this week. I didn't do yesterday's exercises - and the plan is to get yesterday's and today's done today. I've just felt 'off' all week - not sure if that's physically or mentally driven. Maybe I'm just bored. Of course I don't plan on quitting or giving up, but exercise is pretty much ALL I do. I don't have a guy in my life, don't really have a very active social life - and like I said, I'm just bored. Or maybe it's the fact that the days are growing shorter and it's getting cooler. Not sure.

Ok, I'm done whining now. :sad:
  • femmemusicale
    Options
    GREAT JOB...I know it's gotta' be hard trying to conquere 2 MAJOR projects at once...I'm really proud of the job you're doing@

Thank you very much! I've been 'at this' since May, so I figured it was time to tackle the smoking now. Surprisingly, it's going pretty well so far. I'm on the patch (have done this before -- MANY times!) so that really helps with the cravings. Patch or not they still come at times - it'll hit me out of the blue all of a sudden - my brain goes "time to smoke!" then I remember I'm not smoking...kind of a let down when that happens. The only cure for that is time.

That said, I haven't been feeling very motivated this week. I didn't do yesterday's exercises - and the plan is to get yesterday's and today's done today. I've just felt 'off' all week - not sure if that's physically or mentally driven. Maybe I'm just bored. Of course I don't plan on quitting or giving up, but exercise is pretty much ALL I do. I don't have a guy in my life, don't really have a very active social life - and like I said, I'm just bored. Or maybe it's the fact that the days are growing shorter and it's getting cooler. Not sure.

It seems like you are really taking time to focus on yourself right now, and that's great! It is easy to get distracted by work, other people, relationships, etc., and to forget to put energy into being healthy, whole, and happy as individuals. I know I struggle with that a lot. Plus, with the colder, darker weather coming on, motivation can be really hard to find. For me, I use this time of year to reflect back on the previous months and to see the changes in myself (hopefully good ones) that have happened. Maybe you can do that, too, especially since you are doing such a good job!!

When I feel a little bored or restless, I look to trying a new workout routine (recently tried jazzercise, and going to try zumba soon), or look to community ed classes to do something fun or different (I've taken a self defense class, cooking classes, dance classes, etc.). They are usually pretty cheap and can help you meet interesting people and learn cool stuff. If you're sporty, you could always look for a local community sports team in the winter - probably would be basketball or volleyball, or something else indoors. Here in Minnesota, they have curling leagues, but I would rather do 5 miles on my treadmill without the tv on before I do curling. ;-p

Hang in there, though! You're on the right path in so many ways! KEEP GOING!!!
  • femmemusicale
    Options

Thanks!
    Noelle

Oh Noelle, I struggle with this more than I care to admit!! I make SURE that I always have water or tea around me and I'm not shy about swiggin' it down...sometimes something hot makes it even more effective!! It's said that sometimes you aren't REALLY hungry, you're actually thirsty..and it looks like you're just drinking the minimum water...maybe up that some? I also keep some lunchmeat in my fridge at work as well as string cheese....anything with some protein! It doesn't look like you're making awful choices...just your choices aren't keeping you full? If you're having carbs, make sure that the carbs have a good fiber content too!! One last thought....are you keeping busy? I know that when I'm not busy enough, I get "hungry"...well, it's actually just boredom (or procrastinating doing something I really didn't want to do!!).... Just some thoughts!!! And I'm NOT going to tell you to eat carrot and celery sticks....hahahah!!! I would have liked to bop someone for telling me that one time!!!

Thanks for your thoughts, Jill! And, I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one. Boredom (lack of being busy) is definitely NOT the issue. In fact, probably the opposite. I'm always running from place to place that I tend to shove food in as quickly as possible so that I can get back to whatever is happening next. I think I've read that eating too fast can make you feel hungry...because you feel like you really haven't eaten at all. So, I'm going to try to slow down a little bit at meals and see if that helps.

Water is a good idea, too! I always struggle with enough water, so I'm going to try to push it the rest of this week. I hope that'll ease the hunger pangs a little. Off to get a cup of hot green tea.....

Thanks again!!! :-D
  • PandaFit450
    Options

Sherri - you are one of the reasons why Jill and I took on the August challenge - let alone the September/October!! You were always so active/so positive! You have helped us heaps during our hard times - we hope that we can help you overcome this 'very temporary blip' in your progress!! You have come so far and achieved so much!!

Look at the bigger picture - where do you want to be??? You can achieve this - promise xx
  • spgabby86
    spgabby86 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Well I forgot again...to post my results yesterday...so here they are

WEEK 2 ~ DAY 3
    WATER - DONE
    UNDER CALORIES - DONE
    CHALLENGE - DONE

Tread - 20 mins 2.14 miles 257 calories

PLAN B (Mid Impact)

1 minute bear walk (2 MINS)
    50 Squat Kicks
    50 Jumping Jacks (100 total)
    50 Crunches (150 toatl - 210 crunches completed for this weeks challenge)
    50 Split Squats
    1 mile walk, jog, run (2.14 miles in 30 mins)

PLAN C (High Impact)
    50 Toe Touches

3 sets of split squats & 100 jumping jacks

ARR!
  • PandaFit450
    Options
    WEEK 2 - DAY 4

3 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses, 3 sets of 21’s, 3 sets of 15 Dumbbell Chest Fly’s, 3 Sets of 15 Lawnmowers, 3 sets of Tricep Kickbacks, 3 sets of 15 Woodchops, 20 Pushups + 2 Extra Miles run - DONE
    Under Cals - DONE
    Water - DONE

Weekly Challenge - 100 crunches DONE (300 total!!)

A very busy day :smooched:
  • ashley26704
    ashley26704 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I'm extremely tired right now.
    Tough day.
    Plan B: 2 sets of 15 swimmer presses, 2 sets of 15 wood chops, 2 sets of 21’s, 2 sets of 15 lawnmowers (Done.)
    Water: Over
    Calories: Under.
    Great going everyone. :D
  • littlemount
    Options
    W2/D4-
    2 sets of 20 jumping jacks
    3 sets of 20 HSKT
    3 sets of 20 kicks
    3 sets of 20 side bends

50 crunches

Walked[ leisurely] 30-45 minutes

Water-72oz
    calories- under.

Need to increase my endurance from tomorrow , today was a very lazy day for me glad I awakened my muscles with gary's low impact plan.
  • jmh35slh
    Options
    W2D4

This salty sea dog is tired and grumpy.

Water-done
    Plan A-done
    forgot to do Jill's challange of 1 exercise from Plan B
    Didn't get a chance to walk more than 10 mintues today
    60 crunches

Gonna' hit the rack
    One-Eyed-Jackie
  • spgabby86
    spgabby86 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Week 2 ~ Day 4

WATER - DONE
    UNDER CALORIES - DONE
    CHALLENGE - DONE
    Extra 300 crunches - DONE!

Treadmill 30 mins 2.20 miles 266 calories
    Leslie Sanson - 1 Mile walk
    100 Jumping Jacks
    100 Crunches

HIDDEN TREASURE
    PLAN C (High Impact)

3 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses, 3 sets of 21’s, 3 sets of 15 Dumbbell Chest Fly’s, 3 Sets of 15 Lawnmowers, 3 sets of Tricep Kickbacks, 3 sets of 15 Woodchops, 20 Pushups (modified if needed) + 2 Extra Miles jog, walk,run (3.20 MILES)

BLC - Thursday, October 13th: 3.1 miles walk, bike or run & 3 sets of 15 swimmers

Save Note
    Treadmill 30 mins 2.20 miles 266 calories
    Leslie Sanson - 1 Mile walk
    100 Jumping Jacks
    100 Crunches

HIDDEN TREASURE
    PLAN C (High Impact)

3 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses, 3 sets of 21’s, 3 sets of 15 Dumbbell Chest Fly’s, 3 Sets of 15 Lawnmowers, 3 sets of Tricep Kickbacks, 3 sets of 15 Woodchops, 20 Pushups (modified if needed) + 2 Extra Miles jog, walk,run (3.20 MILES)

shiver me timbers~I think I'm tiered!