30 day shred questions!

I have searched for other 30 day shred threads but still have some questions.

I am starting 30 day shred tomorrow as I received my copy of 30 day shred, yoga mat, and 3 pound weights today!

My question is for those that have done the shred- how many days do you do without a rest day? It's my understanding that you do level 1 for 10 days, level 2 for 10 days, and 3 for 10 days. Do you tak one day off in-between levels? Break every 2-3 days? And were results as good if you take a lot of restdays?

Anyways, thanks for anyone's input! I will be tracking my progress on my blog! ( I'll share when I'm SHREDed :D )

Replies

• kelsue35
    kelsue35 Posts: 463 Member
    you are supposed to do it for 30 days straight no rest periods i have not completed the 30 days as i tried it during the summer and vacations got in the way but i know thats how its supposed to be done
  • Raw07
    Raw07 Posts: 206
    I rested every sunday! Did great for me only lasted 3 weeks, wish I pushed myself to do the last week! lost some good inches :) hope this helps
  • kmeekhof
    kmeekhof Posts: 456 Member
    I took a rest day 1 day a week. Wasn't always the same day of the week. I didn't get amazing results like some people do, but I definitely noticed more definition in my abs, arms and thighs as well as feeling stronger.

Also: it is your workout. If you feel you need a rest day .. take it. You know your body, you know if you feel a burn out coming. It may be easier to get through the full "30 days" if you do take a rest day.
  • fridayjustleft04
    fridayjustleft04 Posts: 851 Member
    Take a rest day if you feel like you need it. I took them and then didn't count that day as part of the 30, so I still did each level for 10 days. If you look at the tips on the DVD menu, it says to take a rest day.
  • harleygirlT
    harleygirlT Posts: 223 Member
    I just got it and I'm so sore I'm doing it every other day until I get adjusted. But I love it, it's a good hurt!!! Good luck with it.
  • If you can do it 30 days straight, let me know!!! We did two days, took a day off, did it a few days, took a day off. Then moved to different exercises due to family emergencies and then vacation with LOTS of walking...and now we are back on the Shred. I intend to try to do 10 straight days of level 1 (starting today) and then go on to level 2. I find that level one, after doing it about 8 times, is actually very do-able right now (and I'm still a bigg'un) so I'm actually kind of looking forward to moving to level 2.

Listen to your body. It will help you know what to do.
  • My understanding is it is suppose to be 30 days straight, but that just seems silly to me. Even when I had a personal trainer he always said your body needs a rest even if just one day a week. I try to use Sundays as my rest days, but I have never completed the 30 day shred! I always get tired of the same thing over and over, but I just got done with Insanity and loved it, so I think I am going to try the shred again starting next week!
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Thanks everyone! I'll try and listen to my body and take a day off if I need it... I'm gonna AIM for 30 days straight! We'll see! Earn it!
  • LuLuRunner1
    LuLuRunner1 Posts: 329 Member
    I had wondered the same thing myself. My schedule doesn't allow (okay I won't let it allow) for me to work out in front of the tv without an audience very often. I keep thinking I'll see if I can't rent it and get my 13 & 15 year olds that run track to do it with me.

The more I see and the more results that are posted, the more interested I get.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    That's what motivated me to purchase it (8$?). That and the "before" pictures I took tonight. To think I lost 15lbs and still look like this! :( now I'm even more motivated to kick butt the next 30 days!

I had wondered the same thing myself. My schedule doesn't allow (okay I won't let it allow) for me to work out in front of the tv without an audience very often. I keep thinking I'll see if I can't rent it and get my 13 & 15 year olds that run track to do it with me.

• I had wondered the same thing myself. My schedule doesn't allow (okay I won't let it allow) for me to work out in front of the tv without an audience very often. I keep thinking I'll see if I can't rent it and get my 13 & 15 year olds that run track to do it with me.

My husband and I do it together and our 10 yr old son joins in (though he apparenlty needs to work on his stamina! LOL)
  • Amber82479
    Amber82479 Posts: 629 Member
    I rest one day a week. Even God took a day off!
  • Ripsei
    Ripsei Posts: 5 Member
    You're supposed to do it 30 days straight. As for resting, I don't think it's really dire to rest on this. It's only 20 minutes. I understand if it was an hour long workout but it's not. But if you need that rest day take it, it won't hurt.