Bring IT! Part III: Team No Excuses in March

Options

Replies

• meisje
    meisje Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    usually i bike to the bus stop (15 minutes away) and then walk the last 15 minutes to school every day. but today? the busses are on strike!!! which means i get to bike ALL the way to school and back (over 2 hours). i logged this in as exercise and was psyched to see that my cummute burns almost 1000 cals.
    but i do have a possibly stupid question... doesn't my body get "used" to this routine and ignore its effects after a while? i ask because i was biking into school every single day last year from may to october and trust me, i never lost any weight!
    a friend said that when your body gets used to doing the same thing every day, it doesn't concider it real work anymore. i mean, i might burn a few hundred calories, but no where near 1000.
    once the weather warms up (hopefully next week) i'll be biking in every day again - someone, please give me some good news!
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I do believe your body does get used to excercise.....I was doing 2hrs medium to high impact workout and was losing 5-7lbs a week then it went to 2pounds a week so I decided to walk for 2hrs at 2.5mph daily and my weight loss has gone back up to the 5-7 pounds weekly...I plan to keep changing my workout through this whole process....I do believe its one reason I havent plateaued.....on a lighter note literaly LOL I weighed in today at 212 ..woot woot ....this week will "NOT" be a challenge I only have my whole family in from out of town and their lives revolve around food and restaurants...again the key words are "will not" be a challenge...Im not even going to think negative.Bring it today!!
  • JessicaT2007
    JessicaT2007 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I am still to sick to do any hard core exercising. So, just taking it easy with another DVD. I hope to kick this crap soon!

I weighed in today and lost 1.1 lbs! Yea! I am happy with that. And according to the Wii, I am finally in the normal range for my BMI! I am on my way of trying on my bridesmaid dress, just not yet. :smile:

I hope everyone has a great day. I probably will not be on here since I have major studying to do still.
  • sweetapplepi
    Options
    Mya- Good for you to have that mentality when the family visits. :flowerforyou:
    It has been a very busy couple of days here. Hubby and I are considering moving and are trying to get alot of things in order. Anyways, hope to be back on track with my fitness today.:smile: My goal shorts fit, but I haven't lost any weight really, just around a pound. Weird. :noway: Anyways, I'm going to keep going with the work outs for the sake of being healthy and fit.
    Great job everyone. :smile:
  • sweetapplepi
    Options
    Woohoo everyone! Mya I hope you feel better soon. Wtg Meijse, Jess, Sweet. I've kind of been falling off the boards lately because I've been really busy with school and work....Also, not to sound mean spirited, but besides our thread, I mostly get tired of hearing the same questions, time after time. Is it me, or do people not do any research before they start asking dumb questions? I mean, I understand coming here after you've done some reading, but complete ignorance has been getting to me. I guess I just would approach the situation differently than many people here. Read, research, and then ask questions to clear up other things. Ok, just venting but I'll be around quietly.

Keep up the good work everyone!

Well hopefully people are doing research, but others just want information handed to them. Also, there is a alot of conflicting information and diets out there. People aren't sure what to believe, and I think they come to fitness websites for help. Needless to say though, people are being given incorrect information even on fitness websites. :ohwell: I just try to ignore most of it, and stick to what I know works for my body. :smile:
  • MyaPapaya75
    Options
    whew ...walked a bit more than my 2hrs and survived a buffet with my family I had 3 cucumber slices ,2 slices of imitation crab meat and 4 shrimp non breaded....hehe yes at a buffet i managed that ...I had 1 cup of lentils prior to going there......i hope u all have a great weekend!!!:drinker:
  • Georg
    Georg Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    Mya-that's great!
    Sweet-keep up the good work!
    Jess-take care of yourself.

M- come back. I need all y'all to keep talking about the massive amounts of exercise you do! :love:
    Bring it!
    I rode the bike today at an even higher level & it was almost easy! :bigsmile:
    This weekend will be tough, but there's a LOT of walking planned & I think I can stay within my plan.
    How about you?
    Weekend plans?
  • MyaPapaya75
    Options
    family still here i had 4 triscuits and 3 slices hormel ham deli meat for breakfast i walked my 2hrs early......be back soooooon!
  • sweetapplepi
    Options
    Went for a very lone walk today with my dogs. It is sooo hot here. ( not complaining though)
    I'm craving Asian food from this lil restaurant in my home town. Very bad I know. It's not even really the food I miss, I just miss my old home ya know? :sad:
    Anyways, I'm going to watch the new eppie of the Tudors and cheer myself up. :wink:
    Happy Saturday everyone!
  • MyaPapaya75
    Options
    RAAAAWR! Im defeating the odds lol....well family is here we went out last night I ate light during the day and of course excercised my 2hrs ..I drank corona and 2 long islands WELL got wasted rofl but it was my second time in my life doing that so ....not so bad..I danced and had a good time.....I weighed in this morning at 211 not sure how I did it but it could have been the dancing...but I will be honest I have been up every morning faithfully doing my walking and eating right during the day. I hope everyone has a bring it day....I have declined Dunkin Donuts,McDonalds,Burger King,Dennys,China Buffett,Pizza and Lasagna....not bad for an ex over eater.....hehe
  • Georg
    Options
    Wow! You're doing great - except for the booze, which won't be a real problem as long as it isn't a trend! :wink:
    Just think of all the stuff you DIDN'T eat!
    I'm impressed.
    We just got back from my birthday trip to the beach. It was so nice. I even got up this a.m. & walked by myself on the beach. Usually I'd go if hubby would go, too. But this time I got up & said "I'm going would you like to join me?"
    He didn't, but I went anyway & it was glorious.
  • dkell
    dkell Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    RAAAAWR! Im defeating the odds lol....well family is here we went out last night I ate light during the day and of course excercised my 2hrs ..I drank corona and 2 long islands WELL got wasted rofl but it was my second time in my life doing that so ....not so bad..I danced and had a good time.....I weighed in this morning at 211 not sure how I did it but it could have been the dancing...but I will be honest I have been up every morning faithfully doing my walking and eating right during the day. I hope everyone has a bring it day....I have declined Dunkin Donuts,McDonalds,Burger King,Dennys,China Buffett,Pizza and Lasagna....not bad for an ex over eater.....hehe
    :flowerforyou: Great Job. Gotta have fun once in a while as long as you get right back on board.:drinker:
  • MyaPapaya75
    Options
    Gosh Im pooped....plan is to get up and do my walking at 7:45am and then go to the bank and prepare for my trip on wednesday.....i hope u guys are doing ok i havent had much time to read and log in but once i get settled thursday in louisville..i will log on and catch up.....keep bringing it!
  • Georg
    Options
    I have a happy report -
    today the gym owner came over very seriously (after checking my weigh in stats from last week) & asked if I'm getting "shots?!" Apparently there's a new doctor in my little town who gives some sort of weight loss injections! After 4 years of unfaithful off & on exercise, I'm finally getting some good results since I joined MFP!
    :bigsmile:
    You're all so inspiring! Keep posting your workouts. You keep me going.:flowerforyou:
  • meisje
    Options
    soooo happy about today!!!
    it is a gorgous spring morning and it is also the first day of my women's biking group! we meet once a week to complete biking tours of belgium. tonight we'll begin with only 20 or so kilometers, but by october we are up to 60 km an evening. (that's over two hours of hard biking!).
    it's an amazing way to see the belgian countryside, hang out with cool, athletic women and practice my dutch!
    also, i have been training with a friend for my first 5k (in about a week and a half). we run 4-6 kilometers 2 or 3 nights a week and we're both feeling rugged and ready for the race.
    i'm still logging in my calories every day and really trying to up my fruits and fresh veggies.
    the last of my cold is finally kicked and i am super excited about a healthy and happy spring!
  • JessicaT2007
    Options
    Sorry I have been so MIA lately guys! I have been so swamped with school work! I finally felt better on Sunday and had my Physics test on Monday. I spent ALL weekend studying for that thing and not sure how much good that did! I like to do well in school and this class is just kicking my butt! Only one more month of classes until finals. I cannot wait!

I have not been bringing it lately, I must confess. No excuses, just put school in front of fitness this weekend. I'll bring it starting today tho! I'm glad everyone is doing so well! Have a great day!
  • mgullette
    mgullette Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone. Just checking in on you all:smile: . I'm still Bringing it over here. Been very busy writing business plans and preparing for presentations so it's been a long couple of weeks. It's been raining nonstop here for the past 3 days and I seriously can't wait until it's nice out. Hawaii is getting closer so it's time for me to step it up even more!
  • JessicaT2007
    Options
    Hey everyone! I just wanted to check in. Unfortunately today is that day I cannot workout. I am eating right tho! I had some whole grain toast with cinnamon and half a banana and 1/2 cup pineapples for breakfast, I will be having grilled chicken made with some Mrs. Dash's seasoning and brown rice. Then dinner is more chicken, but with a different marinade. I had to bring it all with me to eat here at school. so I can't go too crazy. LOL.

Oh, my hubby just got the P90X program and I am so excited to start it! I want to start it on Monday, so I will be doing my normal routine Thurs-Sunday. I am just too excited!

For thos eof you who use P90X, do you follow the nurtition guide too? I am still contemplating whether I should or not.
  • MyaPapaya75
    Options
    Boo!! Hey yall..Im still here Im in Louisville Ky I had to travel from NY to here sooooo needed a days rest once I got here....today we are going to the gym in the complex so im excited...I havent fallen off the bandwagon just been super busy and unable to weigh in because there is no scale here..im hoping the complex has a scale....I feel slimmer so I know inches are at least gone lol...hugs I will message soon!!! Bring it !!!:drinker:
  • meisje
    Options
    beautiful weather and finally another pound lost - life is awesome! i have been continuing with my running and biking and have also been throwing in some easy walks to mix things up. i feel so light and happy lately, but i know that things will be getting crazy busy/stressy/chaotic in the next few weeks. to that end, i'm trying to prepare my body (and mind) as much as possible for what is to come.
    hope everyone is well!