New You for the New Year Challenge- A 12 Week Personal Chall

Options

Replies

• impudentputz
    impudentputz Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Well, there it goes, 104oz of water for the day! No im gonna go pee for the 19th time today and go to bed, good luck guys!
  • normusnonaliam
    normusnonaliam Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Well, there it goes, 104oz of water for the day! No im gonna go pee for the 19th time today and go to bed, good luck guys!

That's awesome! How on earth do you drink so much?! I struggle to get 64 oz. but now I'm determined to drink even more!
  • bex879165
    bex879165 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Bump! I'm on my phone at mo but will read & join when I get home tonight. Had a bad few weeks & this might be the boot I need! Xx
  • deb968
    deb968 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Ok group! This is going well. I have had well over 100 oz everyday so far this week. I drink a lot of water all the time.

I hope everyone is doing well!
  • zoey36918
    Options
    Name: Shawna
    Location: "Undisclosed Location" in Southwest Asia (I am deployed), but I hail from Tucson, AZ
    Reason for joining MFP: I want to feel better about myself inside and out!
    Starting Weight: 140
    Current Weight: 130
    Goal Weight: 117
    Exercise Goal: Run 13.1 Miles, complete 1st Triathlon
    My Personal Reflection: Become the person your toddler sees when they look at you!

Shawna
  • bigdaddycowgill
    bigdaddycowgill Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Where did everyone end up with their water yesterday? How are you doing today?

Me: 105 oz yesterday, 17 oz so far today, but it's not even 11AM here yet...
  • Trezzy
    Trezzy Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I had about 70 oz yesterday but doing great today! 48oz and it is just 10am here!
  • ddboone
    ddboone Posts: 61
    Options
    Hey guys, I know it's late in the week but I'd love to join the challenge. I've been slacking for a month now and need to get back on the wellness wagon! I'm down 30 pounds (counting my pre-MFP weight loss).

Name: Deanna
    Reason(s) Why I am on MFP: I'm looking to make a permanent change - lose the weight once in for all, adopt better eating habits and become more athletic. Oh...and I want to shop for smaller clothes.

Challenge: At least 64 oz. of water a day. This is perfect as I had made this my challenge for the week even before finding this group!

Motivational Statements - I love the mantra someone mentioned before: "Success doesn't come to you, you go to it."

Also:
    No matter how slow you go, you're still lapping everybody on the couch.
    I may not be there yet, but I'm closer than I was yesterday.
  • impudentputz
    impudentputz Posts: 479 Member
    Options

That's awesome! How on earth do you drink so much?! I struggle to get 64 oz. but now I'm determined to drink even more!

I pretty much just drink 16oz when ever i have a meal or a snack. and then while i was putzing around on the computer last night i had another 2 bottles of water. it adds up pretty quick.
  • teresastemen
    teresastemen Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I got 104 oz in today!! Hope to do it again tomorrow, small goals are easier to reach for me. Yes going potty a million times sucks but not eating as much junk because I'm so full is way worth it. Keep it up everbody!
  • shickam062604
    shickam062604 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I would like to join you if I can :) I am part of another challenge, but I believe in having/giving lots of support! I also love getting new ideas.:smile:
    Name: Shaundrea I am from Northeastern Colorado. I am part of mfp to change my lifestyle, lose weight, and be healthy. I have 3 young boys to keep up with. I want to build my confidence and feel good about myself. I also want to prove to myself that I am strong and I can do this!

Starting weight when I came back to mfp was 190.5. CW 170. GW is 140 range.
    Motivational Quote: How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time!
  • normusnonaliam
    normusnonaliam Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I got 104 oz in today!! Hope to do it again tomorrow, small goals are easier to reach for me. Yes going potty a million times sucks but not eating as much junk because I'm so full is way worth it. Keep it up everbody!

I can't even fathom drinking that much water! I'm on my 8th glass today and so happy I made it that far!

What's your secret?!
  • zoey36918
    Options
    I lived in Stockton and went to school in Manteca before I joined the military
  • borichfan
    borichfan Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Name: Becky
    Reason: To look better & feel better & to keep up with my grandkids & to be able to shop for clothes in normal sizes. And to have more energy. And to be healthier.
    Challenge: To drink at least 80-100 ozs. of water, to get off diet addiction of diet sodas, get back on track of exercising at least 6 days a week. Eat clean and healthy.

I'm in.
  • deb968
    deb968 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Made it over 100 oz of water yesterday. Already on my way today I have 16 oz drank already! We can do it!!!
  • turntechBiologist
    turntechBiologist Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Name: Jessie
    Reason(s) Why I am on MFP: To look better and change my health for the better! Develop a better active lifestyle and be able to play with my nieces and nephews. Become a good role model for those in the family who want to lose weight.

Challenge: Try to drink 100oz a day!
    SW: 345
    GW: 300 or less!

Motivational Statement(s): "If people are trying to bring you down, it only means that you are above them." "God gave you this life because he knew you were strong enough to live it." "Just because today is a terrible day doesn't mean tomorrow will be the best day of your life. You just have to get there first." "Miracles can still happen no matter what it is. You just need to put your faith into your heart and keep believing." "There are people who make us, and people who break us. In the end, they'll give us something to learn." "Never give up on something you really want. It's difficult to wait, but more difficult to regret." "Life has many different chapters for us. One bad chapter doesn't mean it's the end of the book." - The Awesome Mustache (tumblr)

I love these challenges :D
  • MiniMichelle
    MiniMichelle Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    Yeah!! People are still joining!! I love this!!!

Whoo.... everyone is doing so great with their water....

Anyone have anything to report this week? NSV's, SV's, struggles???

xox,
    Michelle
  • Jeepinmom4
    Jeepinmom4 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I feel great! I just posted that I lost .8 lbs and for me that's awesome! I fell off the wagon about 6 weeks ago and gained half my weight back! Now I'm only 11/2 lbs away from where I was...thanks for keeping me on track guys!
  • pearlsgonewild
    pearlsgonewild Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    My name is Jacqui, I am from Voorhees, NJ and I am on MFP because my best friend invited me. I mostly just use the food diary, because none of my friends have been logging in lately. I am trying to be a good role model for my 2 daughters, who are 16 and 12, which is why I started losing weight by exercising more and eating healthier.

My original goal was to lose 21 pounds. Since July I have lost about 14 so I have 7 left and I would really like to get rid of those last 7 pounds before the new year.

This week’s challenge:
    *Drink 64 or more ounces of water

This week’s personal reflection:
    “If we could give every individual the right amount of nourishment and exercise, not too little and not too much, we would have found the safest way to health.” — Hippocrates
  • dustyhockeymom
    dustyhockeymom Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    I know I am joining a few days late, but I would love to participate!

Name: Dusty

Why I am on MFP: I needed to take control of my weight instead of it controling me. I want to be active and healthy and, yes I admit it, pretty.

Starting Weight: 220

Challenge: I met the water challenge this week without even being involved, so I am already ahead of the game!

Favorite Motivational Quote: "You need a lot of passion for what you are doing because it's so hard. Without passion any rational person would give up" - Steve Jobs