Hubby vent

kfitz10103
kfitz10103 Posts: 354
edited October 3 in Health and Weight Loss
Was taking in some clothes last night and hubby brings his pants down to hem them. No problem! THen he proceeds to start playing with his new helicopter he just bought. #3 in less than a month for a total of $500. I wish I could buy new clothes since mine don't look too hot after taking them in so much. I could get a whole new wardrobe for $500! He even told me he was going to buy me a new wardrobe. I guess I just fell down a little lower on the totem pole! I think I'm making a shopping trip this weekend.

Replies

• skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Who needs hubby's permission? Go shopping!
  • YukonJoy
    YukonJoy Posts: 1,279 Member
    Mine bought himself a new gun and hid it in the basement for a week so I didn't know he'd spent the money on it.

Consider yourself lucky.
  • OutOfBreath
    OutOfBreath Posts: 80 Member
    If you can afford it, go for it! If he can have toys, you can certainly have clothing that fits you.
  • lstnlondry
    lstnlondry Posts: 1,794 Member

by 59 pounds lost this should be at least your 2nd trip!
  • H_Factor
    H_Factor Posts: 1,722 Member
    wait. are you saying you can't wear the helicopter?
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    I know how you feel - my husband spends so much money on random things. I could go and spend an equivalent amount but since he's already spent so much it makes me feel like it would be irresponsible to spend even more! I think some budgeting may be in order here...
  • SarahofTwins
    SarahofTwins Posts: 1,169 Member
    I'd be pissed if he did that however as a couple we do spend quite a bit on gaming. We always talk about big expenses though, especially when it comes to personal items.
  • PBJunkie
    PBJunkie Posts: 652
    Damn and I have to cough up when she wants a new GHD or lingerie...those 3 straps you call a g-string don't come cheap you know
  • Well, we have a great deal of debt that I have been tackling, but I am so angry after all this I really want to go buy new clothes. I think I may go spend about $300 this weekend and not feel guilty.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Damn and I have to cough up when she wants a new GHD or lingerie...those 3 straps you call a g-string don't come cheap you know

Well quit ripping them off of her then. ;)
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,943 Member
    Most men don't buy clothes for "fun". We buy toys. $500 on helicopters? How about $500 on just shoes? Not to discredit your vent, but trying to understand what appeals to individuals will be a never ending debate.
  • Yeah.. I'd be going shopping.

This reminds me of when my ex-husband put 200 bucks down on a guitar without consulting me. A week or two later I had a chance to go see a concert that was going to cost 35 bucks for a ticket. He was all 'Um.. I don't know if we can afford that.."

I looked him straight in the eye and said "But apparently we can afford a new guitar for you?"

He paused.. thought about it and said "Concert Eh? Sounds fun. Have a great time!"
  • Aegelis
    Aegelis Posts: 237 Member
    Maybe it's a perception of value. I don't value my clothes that much, so I had to try a little harder to understand the necessity when my wife needs clothes. I've been wearing the same button down shirts for the past 5+ years and for a guy, that's okay, so my money goes into more useless crap (games especially) because I see more of a value there for me. If you can help him understand how important it is to you, then maybe he can see it more from your angle. Society places a heavy burden on women to mix up clothing and it's not as easy as just belting the pants like for a guy. Just some thoughts/suggestions. The good news is, it sounds like you're in a healthy relationship and am quite certain you're not alone.
  • YukonJoy
    <
    I just bought these boots 30 minutes ago.

I don't feel guilty.

The boy can kiss my hot boot wearing feet.
  • choconuts
    choconuts Posts: 208 Member
    Did he ask your permission to buy the helicopter?

Why are you waiting on permission to purchase clothes?
  • Aegelis
    wait. are you saying you can't wear the helicopter?

No doubt that would get his attention.
  • Most men don't buy clothes for "fun". We buy toys. $500 on helicopters? How about $500 on just shoes? Not to discredit your vent, but trying to understand what appeals to individuals will be a never ending debate.

I'd check her weight loss.. I'm willing to bet this shopping trip is at least a little out of necessity and not entirely for fun.

Way to assume that all women are shoe-crazy, too. *slow clap*
  • YukonJoy
    Most men don't buy clothes for "fun". We buy toys. $500 on helicopters? How about $500 on just shoes? Not to discredit your vent, but trying to understand what appeals to individuals will be a never ending debate.

Not all of us can even fathom spending that much on shoes.

I left these boots at the consignment store yesterday because I thought they were way too expensive.

But I went back today and spent the $40 on them.
  • saral89
    saral89 Posts: 108 Member

Exactly!! Go!!!!
  • DanBahry
    DanBahry Posts: 1 Member
    Tell him how you feel! You've worked hard and would really appreciate a reward! He loves you, he'll understand. Believe it or not, some of us men are not very good at reading women, even our wife. It needs to be spelled out for us sometimes, but chances are he'll be more than happy to grant your wish. If you are waiting on him to remember the wardrobe, you'll continue to be frustrated. Don't waste the time waiting. You'll both be happier. You'll have your wardrobe and he won't get frustrated as he tries to figure out later why you're frustrated with him. Just a thought, but communication can go a long way. Enjoy your new clothes!
  • NiciS72
    NiciS72 Posts: 1,043 Member
    I say do it. If you aren't where you want to be go to the sale racks and buy from there. Also, there are some great resale shops if you look around. Some say Goodwill, but I've not had much luck with them. Anyway, buy yourself enough to get by until you drop again.
  • Most men don't buy clothes for "fun". We buy toys. $500 on helicopters? How about $500 on just shoes? Not to discredit your vent, but trying to understand what appeals to individuals will be a never ending debate.

I left these boots at the consignment store yesterday because I thought they were way too expensive.

Haha.. I can totally relate. I absolutely agonize over clothing purchases that are over $30.
  • Aegelis
    Believe it or not, some of us men are not very good at reading women, even our wife. It needs to be spelled out for us sometimes...

Frame and put this 'Understatement of the Year' on the wall kids.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    You're married. It's your money too. Go shop.

Just be reasonable and make sure you can afford it first.
  • LaComadreja14
    LaComadreja14 Posts: 277 Member
    Was taking in some clothes last night and hubby brings his pants down to hem them. No problem! THen he proceeds to start playing with his new helicopter he just bought. #3 in less than a month for a total of $500. I wish I could buy new clothes since mine don't look too hot after taking them in so much. I could get a whole new wardrobe for $500! He even told me he was going to buy me a new wardrobe. I guess I just fell down a little lower on the totem pole! I think I'm making a shopping trip this weekend.

Wanna do yourself a favor and teach him a lesson? Use his credit card :laugh: :drinker:
  • YukonJoy

Haha.. I can totally relate. I absolutely agonize over clothing purchases that are over $30.

I know. It was stupid really. They are really good quality geniune leather. But I was like "I dunno...."
    I left the $13 skirt though. lol
  • I know. It was stupid really. They are really good quality geniune leather. But I was like "I dunno...."
    I left the $13 skirt though. lol

They're def. cute though. I wish I could wear high boots. Wonky legs. One day if I'm ever independently wealthy, I'm going to have custom-made high boots to fit my weird-*kitten* calves.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,943 Member
    Trust me, the majority of men have no idea what the finances are. They hand their check to their wife and wait for an allowance.
    Go shopping, but let him know that's what you're going to do. Most men would say "Uh, Okay."
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member

i agree!
  • LaComadreja14
    LaComadreja14 Posts: 277 Member

Haha me too! I am sooo cheap its rediculous. I was looking at a bra for $9.99 once, it was gorgeous buut I knew I could get a less gorg bra in another store for 4.99 annnd while it may not be as beautiful, I know it is just as functional- therefore I couldn't justify the $5 difference
This discussion has been closed.