OKAY! It's time to prove a point!

Options

Replies

• LizC26
    LizC26 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Really??? I pride myself in never having seen any of the above :):):)
  • Sh1tsRainbows
    Sh1tsRainbows Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    hate harry potter and LOTR

star wars is awesome and twilights cool too
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    Lord of the Rings!
  • Chelly02
    Chelly02 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Twilight !! Harry Potter is too long and i lose interest quickly lol. Ive never seen star wars so idk if my vote counts haha
  • mandeiko
    mandeiko Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    Again....

POTTER! POTTER! POTTER!

:flowerforyou:
  • Ireshgurl
    Ireshgurl Posts: 559
    Options
    Star Wars. I'm that generation and the effects were great quality back in the day, lol.
  • Multistyles
    Options
    Star Wars. To me its not even close. Look at all the influence that movie has had on pop culture over the years. Lord of the rings is visually superior but Star Wars is a "Super Classic".
  • Jemmuno
    Jemmuno Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Books: Harry Potter. Hate, Hate, Hated DH Part 2.

Aww it's a movies just suppose to be entertaining. I do understand though. I found myself having to explain a lot of that movie to my friends who hadn't read the book, because they had no idea what was really going on they just thought it was a cool action movie with wizard duels and the concept of love and evil and we make our own choices and destinies was lost in the movie.

Harry Potter<LOTR<Twilight< Star wars for some reason I just am not a big fan of star wars I've seen all the movies and I would watch them again because they are entertaining, but there not go to movies for me.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    LOTR > Star Wars > Harry Potter... wtf is twilight doing on this list?

To prove a point. :P

what-you-did-there-i-see-it.thumbnail.jpg
  • Edithrenee
    Edithrenee Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    i say star track i know it isnt on here yet i say it any way... so now what is the point you proved? lol
  • mandeiko
    mandeiko Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    LOTR > Star Wars > Harry Potter... wtf is twilight doing on this list?

To prove a point. :P

what-you-did-there-i-see-it.thumbnail.jpg

:bigsmile:
  • joseph9
    joseph9 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Movies: LOTR, no question.

Books: I would have said LOTR, but now that I think about it, Harry Potter comes closer than I would have thought.
  • foremant86
    foremant86 Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    harry potter!!! with lord of the rings in a close second.
  • glenr79
    glenr79 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Twilight
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    Movies: LOTR, no question.

Books: I would have said LOTR, but now that I think about it, Harry Potter comes closer than I would have thought.

I'm a huge LOTR fan (the book and the extended film versions), and I really loved the HP books more than I thought I would, especially the last two books although I didn't like the films so much especially the last one. If you like them, you should read Game of Thrones. It's wonderfully written and fantastically intricate.
  • JessicaMarie9382
    Options
    Twilight! Team Jacob all the way!
  • JWeaser
    JWeaser Posts: 302
    Options
    Books: Harry Potter. Hate, Hate, Hated DH Part 2.

Aww it's a movies just suppose to be entertaining. I do understand though. I found myself having to explain a lot of that movie to my friends who hadn't read the book, because they had no idea what was really going on they just thought it was a cool action movie with wizard duels and the concept of love and evil and we make our own choices and destinies was lost in the movie.

Harry Potter<LOTR<Twilight< Star wars for some reason I just am not a big fan of star wars I've seen all the movies and I would watch them again because they are entertaining, but there not go to movies for me.

That was part of my issue. The movie was so disconnected that only the people who both read and watched the movies would know what was going on. If you only watched the movies, there were huge plot holes and random things that wouldn't make any sense to you. Plus they cut most of the best parts out of the movie and don't get me started about the liberties they took with what was changed. lol I just don't think it did justice to the books.
  • ASPhantom
    ASPhantom Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    Star Wars!
  • Broken_
    Broken_ Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Star Wars>Harry Potter>Twilight>Lord of the Rings

I happy to agree with Randall's comparison of SW to LOTR in Clerks 2... :)
  • CountryDevil
    CountryDevil Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    Star Wars. To me its not even close. Look at all the influence that movie has had on pop culture over the years. Lord of the rings is visually superior but Star Wars is a "Super Classic".

Exactly!!! If it were not for the original Star Wars, you would not have movies like LOR, Harry Potter and Twilight. Star Wars pioneered the technology for the movies you see today. the way for the moves