My Friday NSV...and it's 10 years in the making. =)

Options
13»

Replies

• dixiech1ck
    dixiech1ck Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    Well done, that's great!
    Mine was last night when I measured my hips and have taken just over an inch off in 3 weeks and 0.75 inches off my waist. The scales don't agree, but the tape measure is my new best friend!

Heck yea!!! Sometimes scales are the Devil... but the tape measure never lies!! Keep it up!
  • cori2631
    Options
    That is AWESOME! I just found I have 3 more pairs of jeans I can wear now that I cursed at for the past 3 years... keep it going!
  • tiggerbounce411
    tiggerbounce411 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    YAAAAAAAA!!!!!! Lol, I LOVE the way you narrated that, it was precious and funny. I too have clothes that STILL have tags on them, laughing at me from the closet. I bought them because at the time I was acceptable to wear them..now um NO. SO, I am working my way back to them and dang it..I WILL SUCCEED!! CONGRATS on that NSV, I love that for you!
  • elizabethblake
    elizabethblake Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    That's fabulous!!!

I had a little try-on session last night too. I'm a knitter and have oodles of sweaters I've knit over the past few years. I'm going to North Carolina next week for a fiber festival and it's supposed to be cold so of course I have to bring my handknit sweaters to wear. Decided to try them on to see what I could wear - sweaters from years ago that have been too tight now fit and are baggy around the shoulders. Some are much too large and will either be gifted or ripped out and reknit, all of them fit so much better (no more rolls of fat making me self-conscious)! I'm excited to wear them!!!
  • robinso5
    robinso5 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I found a bunch of clothes under my bed in a bag marked "Will fit in -- EVENTUALLY."

I hated that bag. I'd curse it every time I cleaned and had to pull things from under the bed. I'd kick it. I'd stick my tongue out at it and give it the almighty middle finger. I felt like that bag sat there and laughed at me. Laughed because it knew that EVENTUALLY written in sharpie on some tape would sit there forever.

Then I met MFP. And oh.. did we become fast friends. I must admit, I used MFP as a crutch to get me through some bad days, celebrate the good days and meet people who are like-minded as myself, looking to shed these horrible lbs. that invade our lives.

Then it happened.

I OPENED THE BAG.

*GASP*

I did. I did.. I opened THE bag. And what did I find? Clothes in sizes 12 and 14. But wait, I'm an 18, no way I'm fitting into these. The scale says I dropped 18 lbs though. Go ahead Ang.. go ahead.. just put one on.

But what if they laugh at me??

You are SO silly.. clothes can't laugh at you.

Oh yeah?? You go into a fitting room and see how clothes mock YOU in the mirror.. belly rolls here, side handles there, back fat.. BLEGH!

So... I pulled out my Old Navy jeans... size *gulps* 14... from 2001. Yep.. from COLLEGE!! Slowly, I pulled them up.. up the calves.. up the thighs.. WAIT, WAIT, WAIT.. this can't be happening!! They are actually going OVER my thighs??? WHAT?!?!?

Up, over the rear... wait.. the booty?! YES, THE BOOTY?? Pulling both sides of the materials across my belly, I grabbed the metal button and, not even needing to tug or suck in, slipped it through the button hole, pulled on the zipper ever so slightly and....

**BAM**

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!! The first of many, I hope... those size 14's never looked SOOOOOOOOOOO GOOD!!!

And they are on my fine looking boo-tay as I type. So to my friends, I say THANK YOU for pushing me!!! And to my haters and the doubters I know in my life, I say THANK YOU MORE for pushing me harder to get where I am and to go 78 pounds further in my quest. I'm not backing down now. Nope, not gonna happen.

Life. Is. Good.

What is YOUR Friday NSV?? Tell me tell me tell me! Let's celebrate this milestone TOGETHER!!

Angie

GREAT NSV girly! i had this epiphany on Monday! The tags were still in the pants and since I got them on sale the price tag covered the size but when i got to work and they started to loosen drastically i was like what the heck so i went in the restroom and looked at the cloth tag and guess what they were a size 14! i was jumping up and down! my all together get into jeans are a pair of CASSIDY CUT jeans from teh LIMITED in a size 12!!!!!!! I can see the light! i was 199 when I last got into them so i am aiming for there by Christmas( thats my bday)! and amazingly you and i started out the same weight, we are the same weight now but your GW is lower than mine! i am 5'11 so you must be shorter than me or you may just want to be thinner than me!
  • ryanfeltz
    ryanfeltz Posts: 126
    Options
    first.... love the way you wrote this :)

Second...... YAy WOW WOOHOO and every other word you can think of.... That is fantastic.

I am sure you will have a great weekend now!
  • krystlpierce
    krystlpierce Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I love your story! So inspirational! I have a huge suitcase like that under my bed as well..

My NSV is actually for this week, but I noticed that the bone on the outside of my wrist has been re-discovered! Oh! And my ring was flopping around on my finger last night.. I was like oh! I'm going to have to get that resized!
  • dixiech1ck
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the kudos!! I love reading all of your NSV's as well -- so inspiring. I sit and cry at work. They are so freaking awesome!!

I was looking through some photos and just took one in the restroom (in the mirror.. .I know, I know.. so typical) to show the difference (and show-off the new/old size 14's!!!)

This is from August 2006 (I'm obviously NOT the one who is Martie Maguire or Rosie O'Donnell) -- I was probably at my heaviest here -- 265lbs and have since stayed in that body for 5 years of total hell.

IMG_0826.jpg

This is from today (October 14, 2011) -- I'm currently at 223lbs, in those kickin' size 14 jeans (and no.. I have no style, I know!! I'm saving up some moolah to go out and get some cute clothes. Unfortunately, as many ladies know, Lane Bryant does not make cute clothes -- just tents. I hate tents. Maybe this is why I don't go camping??? LOL)

size14.jpg
  • SaraSatin
    SaraSatin Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    You look awesome! I actually like that top, what's wrong with it?
  • tararocks
    tararocks Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you-those are the BEST NSV!! You should feel very proud of yourself (for getting to where you are AND for being brave enough to try on those jeans!!) Happy Friday to you!!
  • dixiech1ck
    Options
    I like the top, too, but I have a pin in the back because it's actually a 18/20 and it's HUUUUUUUUUUUUGE on me!! Sadly, the beading part that looks like a necklace broke today as I was struggling to get out of the car and not be monsoon'ed on!! =( I have the pieces, hopefully I can fix it but it looks like a lost cause.
  • rfarinha
    rfarinha Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Congratulations and thanks for the added motivation! I have a bag like that too... only when I packed it in January of 2010, I promised myself that if I didn't lose weight in 6 months, that I would donate the whole back with out a second thought. Obviously it was an empty threat, as more than 20 months later the bag is still shoved in the corner of my closet... but now I am kind of glad! I hope to "kick that bag in the sack" soon as well!
  • Jennypins
    Jennypins Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I love your story!

Congratulations on your NSV. You sound like you are on cloud-9 right now!

Hi-5
  • tjnahm
    tjnahm Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    This is actually a Thursday / Friday NSV as I just had two of them! :)

Yesterday at work (a small company only 14 employees) I had two of the females in the office both say that I was looking great after losing so much weight! I am blissfully married to my beautiful awesome wife... but I have to say it did feel good to have someone say that I am looking great again. :)

Today marks the final day of donations to our church's semi-yearly "Walk In Closet" program, basically a huge church-wide clothing and household goods sale for the community $5 gets you a full size trash bag and you can fill it as full of clothes as you need/want, and I dropped off a full bag of clothes that no longer fit me and were impossible to wear even with my belts with two holes punched in them.

:)
  • maddymama
    maddymama Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    AWESOME!!!!
  • dee0423
    dee0423 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Yay! You should be very proud of yourself!:smile:
  • dixiech1ck
    Options
    Congratulations and thanks for the added motivation! I have a bag like that too... only when I packed it in January of 2010, I promised myself that if I didn't lose weight in 6 months, that I would donate the whole back with out a second thought. Obviously it was an empty threat, as more than 20 months later the bag is still shoved in the corner of my closet... but now I am kind of glad! I hope to "kick that bag in the sack" soon as well!

I hear that. I was in a horrible accident in 2004 and so, at the time, was in a size 12 with beautiful clothes that I worked hard to purchase. I was a teacher and I liked to dress nice, even though most of my time in the classroom was spent in sweats (I taught theater, performing arts, etc). When I went on meds for the depression I was facing from the accident, I gained nearly 75 lbs and then ballooned up another 15. I kept my clothes when I moved, putting them in bags and boxes. I sorted through a bunch when I moved the second time but some of the ones I really liked, I kept. I've had a hard time keeping them hidden, but no more.

I just want everyone to know I really appreciate the kuddos, support and well wishes. I AM estatic and please know, I send those positive vibes back to all of you. =) Everyone needs that extra push, whether in love or a kick in the pants . .. I accept it all!! My body is my responsibility and I'm taking ownership now. I'm just sad that I waited 8 years to get my life back. But, no talk of the past, I'm looking to my gift -- the present. =)
  • dixiech1ck
    Options
    This is actually a Thursday / Friday NSV as I just had two of them! :)

Yesterday at work (a small company only 14 employees) I had two of the females in the office both say that I was looking great after losing so much weight! I am blissfully married to my beautiful awesome wife... but I have to say it did feel good to have someone say that I am looking great again. :)

Today marks the final day of donations to our church's semi-yearly "Walk In Closet" program, basically a huge church-wide clothing and household goods sale for the community $5 gets you a full size trash bag and you can fill it as full of clothes as you need/want, and I dropped off a full bag of clothes that no longer fit me and were impossible to wear even with my belts with two holes punched in them.

:)

Wow, now THAT's awesome! You win the feel-good-story of the day. I'm all about community service, giving back, etc. I help work at Habitat for Humanity twice a month. Those are two days I enjoy most. =) Fantastic!!! Keep it up!!
  • doinit4tayzie
    Options
    This post rocks....
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!