Any 5'2 ladies ?? I need motivation !!

Options

Replies

• kenexa11
    kenexa11 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies!! I am 5'2" and I started with MFP in January at around 148 but I think I hit more like 150. I didn't lose in the first 4 months because I wasn't logging my food. But starting in the beginning of May I lost 2-3 lbs and now I'm down to 133. I have a trip to Cabo planned for Thanksgiving and would really love to be down to 125. It's doable but this is my last 10 lbs so you know how that works...it comes off pretty slow! This is what I've been noticing that helps me lose: changing up my calories for the day (it's wierd but I just spent a weekend in Vegas and came back a .5lb lighter and I was definitely not eating completely healthy like at home), changing up my exercise...I'm addicted to Zumba but when I go to a ton of classes during the week my body gets used to it. If anybody has any advice for me that would be awesome!! Good luck on your journey!!! Once paying attention to what you eat becomes a habit you'll be in the zone!! Friend me if you'd like I need some motivation too...for that bikini I'll be wearing in 6 weeks!! :-0
  • chris1529
    chris1529 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 also. It sucks being short lol. I weigh 150. I want to get to 120 by Christmas.
  • MrsFusion
    MrsFusion Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Howdy, wow there are a lot of us! I stared here last saturday. Lost 3 pds in my first week. I want to be 135 - 140 by Thanksgiving :)
  • wyldpatienz49
    Options
    I'm 5'2 as well and 49 years old and just started out..again..on weight loss and trying to live a healthier lifestyle. I was extremely active when I was younger(biking,running,hiking)and I'm finding it difficult to let go of how I use to look and feel and realise how I look now and take the steps I need to take to get back to where I was so used to being. I have The Biggest Loser Wii program that is a huge help. Its also the easiest exercise to fit into my schedule. I live outside of Death Valley so its still reaching 100 degrees here in October so its a bit too hot to get outdoors and hike and run with my dogs so the indoor exercise programs are the way to go for right now. Anyone else use the Wii and have some success with it?

This is the first time I've ever used an online site with community access for support and I feel better knowing there are others out there working hard towards losing weight and trying to get into shape. It CAN be done and never give up.:)
  • kenexa11
    Options
    Howdy, wow there are a lot of us! I stared here last saturday. Lost 3 pds in my first week. I want to be 135 - 140 by Thanksgiving :)

Wow!! Way to go on losing 3 lbs in your first week! Congrats
  • bellinachuchina
    bellinachuchina Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    5'2", started at 244lbs. after my second pregnancy, now I fluctuate between 134-130lbs. 135 was my original goal, sometimes I flirt with going into the 120's. lol I've been maintaining my goal for over 1 & 1/2 years now:flowerforyou:
  • kenexa11
    Options
    5'2", started at 244lbs. after my second pregnancy, now I fluctuate between 134-130lbs. 135 was my original goal, sometimes I flirt with going into the 120's. lol I've been maintaining my goal for over 1 & 1/2 years now:flowerforyou:

Congratulations on your weight loss! That is amazing! I have a question for you if you don't mind...when you were losing those last few pounds how did you do it and how long did it take you to lose the last 10 lbs or so? I feel like I need to change up my routine and possibly start running...? Thank you for your input!
  • fitmommy2012
    fitmommy2012 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am 5'2 (and a half) and I am currently 152.7. My goal weight is 120 pounds, which is good for me since I have a larger bone structure. I was abput 130 pounds before I got pregnant with my son (who is not almost 3 years old) and weighed 168 pounds the day he was born! When I left the hospital I was 148 pounds, so I was only 18 pounds over what I weighed before I got pregnant...but instead of working out...I just gave in and jumped up to 157 pounds (my highest weight)...so now I am ready to really shed this off!

I am starting Turbo Fire today, and I am thrilled to see what results I will get from doing this program! I am so tired of being overweight and fat! I am reay to look great again! Just cause I am a mom, doesnt mean that I have to look like one!
  • bellinachuchina
    bellinachuchina Posts: 498 Member
    Options

Congratulations on your weight loss! That is amazing! I have a question for you if you don't mind...when you were losing those last few pounds how did you do it and how long did it take you to lose the last 10 lbs or so? I feel like I need to change up my routine and possibly start running...? Thank you for your input!

Hi!

It wasn't easy, but it's doable. It took about 2 1/2 months for the last 10lbs. I messed around with calorie cycling (zig-zagging), I'd go really low one day and then way high the next in attempts to shock my system, but always meeting a weekly goal of 8400cals. I exercised, but not habitually...taboo, I know... but no major loose skin or re-gain here lol ;) Diet was (and is) my main focus regarding weight management. During that last couple months, I got really serious about my macro percentages, went to 35% carbs, 35% protein, and 30% fat, & also 1500mg sodium. Carbs proved to really be a hindrance to my attempts, so I would try to stay below that 35%, about 100-120g a day. I ate A LOT of lean meats (salmon, chicken breast, shrimp, etc.), and leafy green veggies (rapinni, bok choy, swiss chard, spinach, mustard greens, collard greens) as well as non-starchy veggies (asparagus, portabella mushrooms, zucchini, broccoli, etc.). Best of luck, stay with it, and keep the focus :flowerforyou:
  • ecila44
    Options
    I am 5'2 and joined MFP at 156. I have lost 11 pounds so far and have good days :happy: and bad days :frown: . I am so sick of salad and fruit and veggies!!!! However I can actually fasten my pants instead of zipping them and tucking the button in! I wake up everyday and put on my pants and smile because they button. I latch on to very small victories!!!! I wish all us short people luck!!!! :bigsmile:
  • chellygarcia
    Options
    I am also 5'2" current weight 161 wanting to drop 20 lbs by January and i also need motivation... I like to see people my own size on here & their stories, and eating habits, excercise routines etc etc.... and i think I am also a pretty good motivator.. feel free to add me =)
  • shortcake101010
    Options
    i'm 5'2" started doing mfp on monday thanks to my best friend telling me about it!! :-) I started monday at 178 and I need to lose at least 50 pounds but I'm going to start small...I would love to lose at least 5-10 by the end of the month.
  • bogle34
    bogle34 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 too & weigh 164...my goal to loose 20 lbs by Christmas!! I need all the help it appears I can't seem to lose weight. I love to work out - work out at least 5 days out of the week for an hour long. I know my biggest challenge is what I eat & I am so addicted to junk food !!:love:
  • Cassycat
    Cassycat Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    5'2, started at 220, now am 148. link to before n after pics in my signature below
  • BrittaneyHG
    BrittaneyHG Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    5'2"

SW 180ish
    CW 155
    GW 135

16564_1140203756135_1558671307_30360933_4162105_n_crop.jpg

228807_260399743978244_100000246622202_1016326_4497056_n.jpg
  • GibsonDarlin
    GibsonDarlin Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Its awesome to see so many ladies that are 5'2!!

I am 40 - started MFP 4 weeks ago but started my lifestyle change 6 weeks ago. My starting weight was 218.6 - I am now 204. GW is 138 or less....

Everyone keep up the good work!
  • nikkishai
    nikkishai Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Got tired of wearing leggings under my summer dresses during the fall/winter because pants wouldn't fit! I still have a ways to go, but I'm closer than I've ever been. I'm more focused on improving the texture of my body, less on my weight. But for stats, I've dropped 25 lbs and 12 inches in my bust, waist, and hips. Down 2 sizes in clothes (was a tight 16 to a fitted 12).

Did P90X for 9 months. Now I'm on Insanity.

halfway.jpg
  • vix82vicki
    vix82vicki Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hello to all, I am also 5,2. I started my journey 2 weeks ago at 238.8 and so far am weighing 232. Ideally I would like to get down to 150. Over the years the weight has slowly crept higher and higher and am at my heaviest I have ever beenI hate it, I have 3 lovely children aged 8,5 and 10months but now it's time to get my body back. Anyone feel free to add me would be grateful for the support and help others if I can.
  • RunConquerCelebrate
    RunConquerCelebrate Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Hello I am 5'2 when I started this journey a year ago I was at 164 today I am at 147. I has taken me a long time and a lot of learning to get where I am at. My ultimate goal is 125.

Here is the link to the first 12lbs that I lost with p90x
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/173720-p90x-grad-yay-before-and-after-pictures

and this is a link to my blog where you will find progress pictures of my second month of Turbo FIre

http://motivatedmommyoftwo.blogspot.com/2011/09/turbo-fire-progress-end-of-second-month.html

I have two kids and both were via c-section
  • Crystal_Rudolph
    Crystal_Rudolph Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2" and this is my half-way pic

DSCF1268-1-1-1.jpg

My goal is 130lbs or so :smile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!