End of an Era: Au Revoir Lane Bryant and Department Store Pl

Options
124»

Replies

• addjkd
    addjkd Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Congratulations...I am looking forward to a day like that as well. Right now I would settle for just fitting into all the 2X I own.
  • sianll
    sianll Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    whoo hoo - you rock :bigsmile:
  • blackhawkgirl91
    blackhawkgirl91 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Amazing!!!! I hope my day out of the plus size dept comes soon :)
  • deedeefelldown
    deedeefelldown Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I know that story well and can so relate. It feels great! WTG
  • BenKnowsFitness
    BenKnowsFitness Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Lane has nice socks so you could still get those.
  • TexasDarling09
    TexasDarling09 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    That is SO incredibly inspiring. I'm just starting and a little overwhelmed. I can't wait for that day in my world. :) Thanks for posting.
  • rnprincess
    rnprincess Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Wow! I can't wait to experience this for myself. Congratulations!
  • Darlinw1
    Darlinw1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    OOOHHH your story gave me goosebumps too! Very inpsiring, even if I've never been to LB. I do, however, look forward to saying goodbye to plus size departments at the stores in the mall and even WalMart. LOL
  • fitnfreeme
    fitnfreeme Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    How marvelous! Congrats to you!!!
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    I can so relate. It was one of the best days of my life when I realized I couldn't fit in plus sizes anymore. Although, it took me months to stop myself from automatically gravitating to that section. I just went shopping yesterday at JC Penneys and picked up two pair of levis for $10 a piece. One was a misses size 6 and the other was a juniors size 9. Holy crap, how did that happen! Only 8 1/2 months ago I was pouring myself into a plus sized 24 and when I started this crazy ride I never in my wildest dreams imagined that i'd be fitting into single digits, ever. lol

you should be so proud of yourself and your accomplishments and know that you never have to buy that overpriced crap in LB ever again.
    WOW..love your story! I'm the same way heading over to the largest size they make and hoping something fits. Well, YIKES, talk about 'Pants on the Ground'.:laugh: :tongue:

It definitely takes time for our minds to catch up with our bodies! I'm blown away at your success & change in less than 9 months in sizes... you should be very very proud of yourself! :drinker: :heart:

To the OP...WOW, what a great feeling that is, so very proud of you and I feel great that you were able to find so many items that you loved that fit you while shopping!:love:
  • maryannmiclat
    maryannmiclat Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! I can not wait until that day!
  • 1234terri
    1234terri Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Loved reading this, it's an outward symbol of the hard, inner work you're doing. So good to meet such amazing people here on MFP!
  • michelec64
    michelec64 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Wow, I'm blown away by all the responses. Thanks for the encouragement. It's been a couple of months on and I'm actually enjoying shopping again. Earlier this month I finally did a clear out of my closets of all the heavy clothes and when it was all said and done I took about 10 Glad Bags worth of clothes to the used clothing bin. I did hold on to a pair of jeans and a dress as a reminder of how far I've come (I want to be one of those folks who fit both legs into one leg of the jeans...not quite there yet).

For those just starting out it will take a little time but you will get there. I've been at this for a year and a half and still have a ways to go. Celebrate the small victories and if you have a setback just brush it off and keep it moving. Good luck to all my fellow MFPers.
  • rosied915
    rosied915 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you~ this is a BIG deal and I'm glad you're sharing it with all of us!!

I am proud to say that I am just on the edge of my own "breakup" with Lane Bryant~ just bought what I hope will be my LAST purchase there~ pants in a 14W!!

I started at 20-22W!!
  • FiGogs
    FiGogs Posts: 2
    Options
    Wow, I am so inspired by all of you. When I get disheartened I will read this to remind me that we can all get where we want to be!
  • christymarie214
    christymarie214 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! What a great feeling!
  • walkdmc
    walkdmc Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    That is so awesome!!! Congratulations!!!

I don't think there's an uglier plus-size section than Macys. At our mall, the plus-size is in the ground floor back in a dark, dingy corner with stained carpets. Good riddance to that and hello bright lights and pretty clothes!
  • rosied915
    rosied915 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    That is so awesome!!! Congratulations!!!

I don't think there's an uglier plus-size section than Macys. At our mall, the plus-size is in the ground floor back in a dark, dingy corner with stained carpets. Good riddance to that and hello bright lights and pretty clothes!

OMG, we must go the same one!! Sooo unfair!!!
  • kendrara
    Options
    That is a win! congrats on the loss. The prices for clothes is different in the misses vs lane bryant. So you are saving money too woooo! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!