best cardio to lose belly fat

Options
ive dropped lost of weight but still have at least 5lbs of belly fat.. been doing tredmills bikes elliptical just wondering whats the best cardio burn and best workout for the abdominal area.. any input is good

Replies

• angiek2322
    angiek2322 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    bump......I want to know this too:) also to lose the extra skin on my belly.....
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    You cannot spot reduce fat outside of surgical procedures. All you can do is eat at a deficit and exercise and your body will determine where it burns fat.

Core work/Ab work may help the appearance of the area but it will not cause reduction of fat in the abdomen.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    Add in some weights if your not already... Not specific to abs, but just weights over all will help shed that fat since muscle burns more calories then fat at rest. Combine that with the cardio you're already doing and you'll be good to go :)

Plus getting rid of stomach fat seems to be a lot more diet, then it is exercise.. so make sure you're eating lean protein, fruits and veggies.
  • kitkatkait
    kitkatkait Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Skip the cardio - no studies have shown that it helps with fat loss other than to limit your net calories.
    weight/resistance training is much much better for burning fat and making your body look awesome (ie crunches, weight lifting, burpees, etc)
  • jooleeyah
    Options
    I cut carbs, especially bread, and notice a loss in the belly area! Good luck!
  • karinaes
    karinaes Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    strength/weight training
  • kenzietea
    kenzietea Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    Skip the cardio - no studies have shown that it helps with fat loss other than to limit your net calories.
    weight/resistance training is much much better for burning fat and making your body look awesome (ie crunches, weight lifting, burpees, etc)

I wouldn't skip the cardio- after all, your heart is a muscle and needs a work out too. I would do what she said other than that! Plyometrics are awesome. I also do tae bo, a combination of strength movements and cardio. My body shape has changed from it for sure, but their are other programs that combine cardio and strength moves if tae bo doesn't interest you.
  • beckystephens
    beckystephens Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Abs are made in the kitchen my competitor friends tell me.

if you really want to see your abs you must REDUCE YOUR SUGAR AND CUT SIMPLE CARBS.

Thats really hard to do. Good luck!!
  • albinogorilla
    albinogorilla Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    you can't pic where the fat goes, and can't pick where it leaves, if you want a stubborn area gone, its all got to go.............guys tend to lose last in belly, girls in thighs and butt.........
  • deathstarclock
    deathstarclock Posts: 512 Member
    Options

Wrong.

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.2042-3306.2002.tb05388.x/abstract
  • LilacLizabeth
    LilacLizabeth Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    jumping rope!
  • kikislove2
    kikislove2 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Increase the protein, whole grains, nuts, beans, legumes, etc. That is very important because if you are still taking in sugar, starches and bad carbs, it won't go anywhere. Add resistance training to your workout, and planks are awesome for your core.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,708 Member
    Options
    ive dropped lost of weight but still have at least 5lbs of belly fat.. been doing tredmills bikes elliptical just wondering whats the best cardio burn and best workout for the abdominal area.. any input is good
    Try some HIIT cardio or Tabata protocol cardio. When I have clients that have stubborn bodyfat, this seems to help.
  • ingot81
    ingot81 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    My personal trainer advised interval training, kettle bell exercises and strengthening my core with exercises such as plank, using a stability ball, etc.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,708 Member
    Options
    If that was true, then NO bodybuilders would do cardio right before a show to lose body fat.
  • siabevis
    siabevis Posts: 811
    Options
    walking helped with mine.. but dieting helped most of all.. abs are made in the kitchen, not the gym
  • PB67
    PB67 Posts: 376
    Options
    since muscle burns more calories then fat at rest.

While technically true, the difference is trivial.
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options

Which part are you trying to refute with your horse study? I'm just curious.
  • PB67
    PB67 Posts: 376
    Options
    The correct answer is:

Whichever type you can consistently do.
  • joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options

Wrong.

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.2042-3306.2002.tb05388.x/abstract

LMAO. This study is ridiculous. It's on horses. Can't you do better than that?