New Runner Challenge *100 Miles In October*

Options

Replies

• jetscreaminagain
    jetscreaminagain Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    3.2 miles today in the woods. Big ol hill that I killed. Fastest mile. But I started the race too fast and wasn't as fast at the end. Still, I ran the whole way, which is my first 5K race of all running.
  • barbiex3
    barbiex3 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    Last night I ran 2 miles because I was nervous for my meet!!
    BUT

6k cross country meet today. I moved 3 spots up on my team! I PRed by 30 seconds. my time was 27:21 (3.73 miles at a 7:20 min mile pace. ((8.2 mph))... anyways!

warm up & cool down was about another 30 min, so it was about 7 miles from today & 2 from yesterday, so I'm adding 9 total

I'm actually tappering with week, so idk if i will meet the 200, but we will see!!

great progress everyone!
  • lcnelson
    lcnelson Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Got in 6.5 this evening and almost halfway there. Will have to make up the deficit next week!
    Have a good weekend all!
  • momof3and3
    momof3and3 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    5 in today..what a beautiful day in the northeast!
  • barbiex3
    Options
    5 todayy
  • jetscreaminagain
    jetscreaminagain Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    You all go fast and go long so I almost get embarrassed to put in my numbers because geez I work for them, meager though they are. Today I can tell that I tried REALLY hard at yesterday's race. I wish that level of effort translated into faster and longer, but that will come, I keep telling myself.

Today I did 1 mile in an assessment workout. The cool thing is that my zones all moved up about 4 minutes in pace each (micoach uses blue green yellow and red zones to indicate higher level of work and then coaches you to speed up or slow down). So that's pretty rad. It means I'm a lot healthier. It was the first workout of my new Race a 5K (and don't embarrass yourself again) plan. I'm hoping that this is where the speed comes from and that I have it at the 5K I'm planning on New Year's Day. In the Cold, White North. Hope I don't regret that.

Anyway, thanks for allowing me to hang with all you speedsters. Barbie, congrats on your PR.
  • danger_kitteh
    danger_kitteh Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    The cool thing is that my zones all moved up about 4 minutes in pace each (micoach uses blue green yellow and red zones to indicate higher level of work and then coaches you to speed up or slow down). So that's pretty rad. It means I'm a lot healthier. It was the first workout of my new Race a 5K (and don't embarrass yourself again) plan. I'm hoping that this is where the speed comes from and that I have it at the 5K I'm planning on New Year's Day. In the Cold, White North. Hope I don't regret that.

Congrats on moving up in your zones! The good times will come - just keep at it :) I'm running a NYE race here in Ottawa. While I would like it to be like last year's NYE , something tells me I won't get that lucky :\

Oct10 - 3 miles
    Oct11 - 2 miles
    Oct12 - sick
    Oct13 - sick
    Oct14 - 2 miles
    Oct15 - 1 mile
    Oct16 - 1 mile

Total : 9 miles This week has been very blah with race recovery and being sick :(
  • Cooriander
    Cooriander Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    Finished the 5K mud race today - at a very slow pace - I had a very difficult time (slowdown) with the obstacles, LOL - it was fun.

I will update the spread sheet tomorrow - sorry for being so behind this week ....

.... super busy with my parents 50th wedding anniversary and party (: But FUN though.
  • dida_57
    dida_57 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    7.1 miles run yesterday

exercise.png
  • LongRunner77
    LongRunner77 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Ran a 5k race today, first in about 2 years. I did well, finished 8th out of 53. I was 3rd in my age group and finished in 23:24, which was good enough to PR by 2 minutes and 57 seconds...my average pace ended up at 7:33...very fast for me....overall a good day....although there was some lingering leg soreness near my shin, orginally felt on the long run Friday night...might have to take a few days off to heal a bit...
  • Lanfear
    Lanfear Posts: 524
    Options
    We did just over 10 miles yesterday - so I'm on 58.46 for my monthly total so far :smile:
  • jbreilly
    jbreilly Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    7 miles yesterday. only 2 weeks left until the end of the month - keep up the good work!
  • Cooriander
    Options
    Check point 3 (I added a field indicating % left to do, so:

if you have between 60% and 40% left to do the field in your row is colored GREEN,
    if you have LESS than 40% left to do you ar RED ( HOT!)
    if you have More than 60% left to do you are BLUE (Cool and you need to get hotter (- you can do it! )

We are close as a group of making it as a whole (still cool but very close to get into GREEN territory!)

Check3.PNG[/url]

-> I removed people I haven't seen since the first week, I will put anyone back into the sheet if you post (with milage) after this check point... Come back folks (:

Great job everyone - you are inspiring me (: to keep on track. I am going to add a morning workout so I can increase my milage.
  • CherryBlossom1982
    CherryBlossom1982 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I ran 3.6mile last Sat.

I know I'm not even close to making the 100mile but just seeing my mileage go up each week is really movitating. My aim is to put in as much milage this month and then try and beat it next month :)
  • JoBfit4life
    Options
    4.4 miles on Saturday.
    6.2 miles today.
  • Cooriander
    Options
    Just did 4 miles - so I am in the smack middle at 50 miles. I should pick it up at the second half, as my heel has healed and I am hoping for doubling my workouts 3 times a week - in the morning and afternoon (but lighter).
  • barbiex3
    Options
    5 more for the day! that puts me at 101!!! a little behind schedule for 200! :o ! haha oh well. :D
  • barbiex3
    Options
    Ran a 5k race today, first in about 2 years. I did well, finished 8th out of 53. I was 3rd in my age group and finished in 23:24, which was good enough to PR by 2 minutes and 57 seconds...my average pace ended up at 7:33...very fast for me....overall a good day....although there was some lingering leg soreness near my shin, orginally felt on the long run Friday night...might have to take a few days off to heal a bit...

that's fast!!!!! AWESOME!!! speeeed demon!
  • Lanfear
    Lanfear Posts: 524
    Options
    Yippeee we're all doing so well, it's brilliant!!

Great spreadsheet BTW :smile:
  • dk_runs
    dk_runs Posts: 106
    Options
    Felt good to run today. Due to a family emergency, I hadn't been able to get out and run for 6 days. I am probably not going to make the 100 mile goal this month, and I am OK with that. I am going to do what I can do and have fun trying :) Thanks for keeping track of us - LOove the spreadsheet!