New Runner Challenge *100 Miles In October*

Options
I can't wait to start October's 100 Mile Challenge, so I am opening up a thread here. My goal is to make it this time, I was 4 mile short in September, and I am in much better shape thanks to being motivated last month.

Feel free to join me.

Last month thread is here:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/325796-novice-runner-challenge-100-miles-in-september?page=7

Get a ticker from here if you like to join (or keep track with text):

http://www.tickerfactory.com/ezticker/ticker_designer.php

I ran a 5K yesterday and an easy 4 mile run in the afternoon.

Replies

• dida_57
    dida_57 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    This will motivate me to run more.

exercise.png
  • barbiex3
    barbiex3 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    lol okay i'm in :D ! I stopped keeping track since I joined XC. should be good to know!!!
  • FitnessDynasty
    Options
    This limited to running or does the elliptical trainer count as well?
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Did 10 mile run today.
  • RunningAddict
    RunningAddict Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    I'M IN!
    6 MILES FOR OCT. 1ST!
  • RunningAddict
    RunningAddict Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    I'M IN!
    6 MILES FOR OCT. 1ST!

How new do you have to be in order to do this challenge? I have been running for a little while.
  • Cooriander
    Cooriander Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    I'M IN!
    6 MILES FOR OCT. 1ST!

How new do you have to be in order to do this challenge? I have been running for a little while.

Both oldies and newbies are welcome to join :happy: as long as you have a particular goal for October. 100 miles is an average goal (: that I think many can make that in a month.

If you like to make your goal shorter or longer - just indicate that in your ticker.
  • Cooriander
    Options
    This limited to running or does the elliptical trainer count as well?

Ellipticals are fine - the milage is comparable to that of running (or walking).
  • Cooriander
    Options
    thanks for joining All - I like October because it is cooler and not too hot!
  • DeeChan634
    Options
    Sounds challenging but I'm in!
  • dk_runs
    dk_runs Posts: 106
    Options
    I'm in. Do I need to do anything else besides set up a ticker?
  • jsg8tor
    jsg8tor Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Wow! What a challenge but I'm in!

8 miles down yesterday, finally a cool morning in Florida, I hope it stays this way :glasses:
  • helenium
    helenium Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    I am in. Running's going to be difficult as I've just started university, this may keep up my motivation! I hope it works! I'll set up my ticker when I'm back at my computer :D
  • jetscreaminagain
    jetscreaminagain Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    I'm going to try. Today I hit 100 miles in about 2 months since I started running again. Probably the better goal is 75, but 100 will be the stretch goal. I'm done with my current running plan in a couple weeks when I should be running a 5 K through the woods ;) Then I think I'll start a 10K plan, but as I look at them, I'm really surprised the runs aren't longer. We'll see. Thanks for the ticker link.

Question: How do you update the ticker after the next run?
  • Cooriander
    Options
    I'm in. Do I need to do anything else besides set up a ticker?

We can also report on goals for upcoming races and results (: I am hoping we can inspire each other in the thread.
  • barbiex3
    barbiex3 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    one lonnng run tonight. 10.5 miles (8:05 min mile pace). longest so far. Rest day tomorrow! =D
  • Cooriander
    Options
    I'm going to try. Today I hit 100 miles in about 2 months since I started running again. Probably the better goal is 75, but 100 will be the stretch goal. I'm done with my current running plan in a couple weeks when I should be running a 5 K through the woods ;) Then I think I'll start a 10K plan, but as I look at them, I'm really surprised the runs aren't longer. We'll see. Thanks for the ticker link.

Question: How do you update the ticker after the next run?

(1) You go back to the ticker link:
    http://www.tickerfactory.com/ezticker/ticker_designer.php?type=8

(2) then fill in your password/pin

(3) click the "+" or add button and fill in in the milage in your dialog popwindow
    for you current workout.
    (4) click the next button

that should do the trick.
  • Cooriander
    Options
    one lonnng run tonight. 10.5 miles (8:05 min mile pace). longest so far. Rest day tomorrow! =D

that is GREAT! I am hoping to get into the 8 minute range in a few months Great run - congrats and have a nice rest.
  • proudmami1138
    proudmami1138 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm in :) Hoping this will make me more motivated to run more often. Today did 4 miles.

Also just joined MFP today :)