C25K Week 1 - Starting Oct 17th

Options
This is for those of us that are starting the C25K Week 1 today! Feel free to post your weekly journey here!

Here is the run list for today...

00:00-5:00: Warmup walk

5:00-6:00: Run
6:00-7:30: Walk
7:30-8:30: Run
8:30-10:00: Walk
10:00-11:00: Run
11:00-12:30: Walk
12:30-13:30: Run
13:30-15:00: Walk
15:00-16:00: Run
16:00-17:30: Walk
17:30-18:30: Run
18:30-20:00: Walk
20:00-21:00: Run
21:00-22:30: Walk
22:30-23:30: Run
23:30-25:00: Walk

25:00-30:00: Cooldown Walk

Good Luck, let us know how you did, what you experienced, and how you felt afterward!! :smile:

Replies

• gemma247
    gemma247 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    could someone explain to me what this is? i cant get it on my fne?? xxx
  • ♥_Ellybean_♥
    ♥_Ellybean_♥ Posts: 1,646 Member
    Options
    Gemma - this is a 9 Week running program - you start off running small intervals and work up to running a complete 5K
  • baypathgradLyns
    baypathgradLyns Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    I think I need to start doing this to build up my distance...
  • ♥_Ellybean_♥
    Options
    Woot woot! Baypath so glad your gonna join us!
  • atd81
    atd81 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Woohoo :) Thanks for posting this :) Ready to get my groove on :)
  • modernsoul
    modernsoul Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I've been meaning to start the C25K forever now. I think I'll join you. Thanks for the motivation.
  • jadick825
    jadick825 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I am starting today and very excited! I would love to join!
  • ♥_Ellybean_♥
    Options
    I've been meaning to start the C25K forever now. I think I'll join you. Thanks for the motivation.

Glad to have you! Good Luck
  • ♥_Ellybean_♥
    Options
    I am starting today and very excited! I would love to join!

Glad to have you! good Luck
  • latoyamz
    latoyamz Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    How can I join?
  • ♥_Ellybean_♥
    Options
    How can I join?

just put on your running shoes and get moving!
  • galvestongal
    galvestongal Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    The program is available on iphones and androids. I love using the app on my iphone! Going to start Week 1 Day1 as soon as I get home from work!
  • opalmel
    opalmel Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I'm starting today too! Can I join you guys?
  • ♥_Ellybean_♥
    Options
    I'm starting today too! Can I join you guys?

Definatly!
  • toque_de_miel
    toque_de_miel Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Good luck to all of you!!!!!!! You'll really be happy with yourself doing this program!!

I'm currently in week 6. Just finished W6D1 today! If anyone would have told me at the beginning of C25K that I'd be able to run for 20 minutes straight I woulda laughed in their face! I've never been a runner and this program makes it easy!

:) Kudos to you all for starting this and feel free to add me if you'd like for motivation/support from someone who was there!!!
    Don't give up, it does start out tough!! :)

Ariana
  • PrincessStubbie
    PrincessStubbie Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Good luck to all of you!!!!!!! You'll really be happy with yourself doing this program!!

I'm currently in week 6. Just finished W6D1 today! If anyone would have told me at the beginning of C25K that I'd be able to run for 20 minutes straight I woulda laughed in their face! I've never been a runner and this program makes it easy!

:) Kudos to you all for starting this and feel free to add me if you'd like for motivation/support from someone who was there!!!
    Don't give up, it does start out tough!! :)

Ariana

I can't wait to say I can run for 20 minutes straight...I just finished Week 3 for the 2nd time because I struggled the first time around...about to start week 4 tomorrow...4 weeks ago running was not in my vocab...anyone who starts this program will feel great and accomplished! When it says ANYONE can run with this program, they mean it!

For those about to begin...don't give up when it feels like you can't do it...in the very beginning, there were a few times I had to quit running, but I walked it out and I didn't stop at all...its okay, don't get too tough on yourself! There are no rules that say you HAVE to finish it exactly in that time frame...its all about actually getting out there and doing it!

You are ALL awesome and you can do it!
  • Kimiannie83
    Kimiannie83 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Just did W1D1 of C25K!!! It was a challenge, but I am glad that I actually made it through. This is my first time attempting this program.

Good Luck to everyone!!!
  • sissamae
    sissamae Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I am glad that I found this! I started C25K today!! I am so excited to finally be starting this. My sister and I are going to run a 5K together in the spring. We live 3 hours apart so we are not able to train together so this motivational group will be great!!! I am going to try to run M-W-F but may do some saturdays instead of Fridays! Friend me if you would like more support! I have never been a runner, but I will be in 9 weeks!!
  • ♥_Ellybean_♥
    Options
    Yay Week 1 Day 1 - Done!

It wasn't all that bad and the time went by very quickly.. I found that the last run was the hardest, not sure why.. but it just was for me. Maybe at that point I was tired, IDK.

Also how far are you guys going during Week 1? Just curious if I should be upping my speed?
  • atd81
    atd81 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I'm with you Elly, towards the latter part of the session, I was getting tired so the last run was a little bit more difficult. No worries, by Day 3 we'll be champing at the bit to move onto Week 2 :)