TEAM HIDDEN TREASURES - WEEK 3 (CLOSED GROUP)

Options
ARRRR!!!! ME BEAUTIES

WEEK 3 - It's time to step up yet another gear - you are stronger than you think!!

Plan A (Low impact) – Back to strength training!

Day 1 -  3 sets of 21's (you will complete one set by doing each move 7 times),  3 sets of 8 - 12 Swimmer's Presses,  150 punches (while standing or sitting in a chair quickly extend and alternate each arm while punching a target straight in front of you. (I always imagine myself punching fatty!)  Do these as quickly as you can being careful to not pop/snap your elbows.  Take a break.  Sometime today walk for 10 - 20  minutes.  As slow or as fast as you can.  If you can't do 10 - 20 minutes than walk as far as you can!  Remember your are stronger than you think.  Record how far you walked and tomorrow determine to walk farther even if its just one step farther.

Da y 2 - Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes  (just like the song in school)  Begin with your arms above your head while standing (or sitting) and 3 sets of 15 reach high, touch your shoulders, touch your knees and then reach as far as you can to your toes as you can get.  You'll be touching them soon enough!  Rest for 1 minute in between each set.  3 sets of 20 Kicks (While standing or sitting) Raise your leg as high as you can and kick forward.  (Remember don't pop/snap the knee)  3 sets of 20 Side Bends (While standing place your hands on your hips and bend to your right side and then your left side, as far as you can bend, that will count as 1)  Rest and go walk for 10 - 20 minutes.  Remember today you are taking one more step than  you did yesterday, you are going to go one more square in the pavement, one more street sign, one more house, one more block, one more tree, one more minute whatever you use to measure but go one more!

Day 3 - 3 sets of 21's, 3 sets of 8 - 12 Swimmer's Presses, 150 punches and today you need to walk for 10 - 20 minutes.  Remember you will need to walk one more than you did yesterday!

Day 4 - 3 sets of 15 Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes, 3 sets of 20 Kicks, 3 sets of 20 Side Bends and today you need to walk for 10 - 20 minutes.  Remember to walk one more than you did yesterday!

Day 5 - 3 sets of 21's, 3 sets of 8 - 12 Swimmer's Presses, 150 punches and today you need to walk for 10 - 20 minutes.  Remember you will need to walk one more than you did yesterday!

Day 6 - 3 sets of 15 Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes, 3 sets of 20 Kicks, 3 sets of 20 Side Bends and today you need to walk for 10 - 20 minutes.  Remember to walk one more than you did yesterday!

Day 7 - REST!  You deserve it! 

Plan B (Mid Impact)

Day 1 - 20 Globe Jumps, 20 Burpees, 50 Toe Touches, 50 Squat Kicks, 2 mile walk, jog, run

Day 2 – 3 sets of 15 swimmer presses, 3 sets of 15 wood chops, 3 sets of 21’s, 3 sets of 15 lawnmowers

Day 3 - 20 Globe Jumps, 20 Burpees, 50 Toe Touches, 50 Squat Kicks, 2 mile walk, jog, run

Day 4 – 3 sets of 15 swimmer presses, 3 sets of 15 wood chops, 3 sets of 21’s, 3 sets of 15 lawnmowers

Day 5 - 20 Globe Jumps, 20 Burpees, 50 Toe Touches, 50 Squat Kicks, 2 mile walk, jog, run

Day 6 – 3 sets of 15 swimmer presses, 3 sets of 15 wood chops, 3 sets of 21’s, 3 sets of 15 lawnmowers

Day 7 – REST YOU DESERVED IT!

Plan C (High Impact) - Overboard in October exericses - but longer!!!

Slow Pushups
Begin in pushup position on a ball or floor.  Perform 4 pushups, abs in and back straight.  On the 5th pushup, lower halfway down and hold for 4 counts.  Push back up and repeat the series - 4 regular pushups and 1 half hold.  Repeat for 60-90 seconds.

Plyo-Jacks
Begin with feet together and jump up, taking feet out to the side while circling arms overhead and land in a squat.  Jump up and bring feet back together, circling arms back in. This is just like a slow jumping jack, but really use power when pushing up into the jumps. Repeat for 60-90 seconds.

Walking Lunge
Start at one end of the room, holding weights if desired, and step forward with right leg.  Bend both knees to 90 degree angles, lowering body into a lunge (keep front knee behind the toe).  Bring the left foot forward and step into a lunge.  Continue lunging, alternating legs for 60-90 seconds..

Jumping Jacks with Front Kicks
Do one jumping jack.  After you jump the feet back together, bring the right knee up and snap the foot out in a front kick (don't extend the leg all the way, but keep a small bend in the knee).  Do another jumping jack and kick with the left foot.  Continue for 2 minutes, alternating jumping jacks and kicks.

Wall Sit with Chest Squeeze
Hold a medicine ball (or just press the hands together if you have no equipment) and slide down the wall until your thighs are parallel to the floor while squeezing the ball.  Hold this position and keep pressure on the ball as your straighten the arms out in front of you and slowly pull them back in.  Repeat the chest squeezes in and out for 60-90 seconds and stand up.

Ski Jumps
Stand with feet together.  Bend the knees and jump to the right as far as you can--think of jumping laterally rather than vertically.   Land with soft knees and immediately jump laterally to the left.  Repeat for 60-90 seconds.

March in Place
Aren't you tired?  Take a few seconds to catch your breath.

High Jogs
Stand with feet together and hold arms straight out in front of you at mid-torso level.  Jog in place, bringing knees high enough that they hit your hands (don't lower hands!).  Repeat for 60-90 seconds.

Triceps Dips
Sit on a chair or bench with hands next to the hips.  Lift up and take the hips forward, just in front of the bench.  Bend the elbows and lower down until elbows are about 90 degrees.  Squeeze the triceps to push back up and repeat 60-90 seconds.

Pushups/Side Planks
In pushup position (on knees or toes), perform one pushup.  As you come up, shift weight to left arm, twist to the side while bringing the right arm up towards the ceiling in a side plank.  Lower the arm back to the floor for another pushup and then twist to the other side.  Repeat for 60-90 seconds.

AND Week Three Weekly Team Challenge -
Same water and calories challenge plus 500 crunches/sit ups for the entire week! No groaning you can do this! Make sure you perform abdominal stretches after the crunches. They are key to a quick painless recovery. You can do the crunches anyway you want 100 a day, 50 in the a.m. 50 at night or all 500 in one day. Its up to you!

AND walk, run, jog 5 miles this week all at once. No break , No stopping!

:bigsmile:

Replies

• luvmybeebees
    luvmybeebees Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!

Good workouts for next week! Gonna challenge myself to do better. Love the running challenge, since that is also a personal challenge for me.

Good luck everyone and happy losing!!
  • scapez
    scapez Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    Dang, looks like I'm going to have to find a new home for our banner...
  • scapez
    scapez Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    NEW IMAGE CODE FOR OUR BANNER!!!

155iejt.png

Change IMG to img. :D
  • PandaFit450
    PandaFit450 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    NEW IMAGE CODE FOR OUR BANNER!!!

155iejt.png

Change IMG to img. :D
    Thanks Sherri :flowerforyou:
  • spgabby86
    spgabby86 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    bump
  • spgabby86
    spgabby86 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    lets see if the new banner works for me
  • femmemusicale
    femmemusicale Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Ok. So not a rest day for me. Plan B exercises done (from thursday), plus the remaining 50 bonus crunches.

One of my goals for this week, now that there are even more crunches, will be to do more of them at one time. I really had a hard time with them and had to break them up a lot (10 here, 15 here, etc.). I want to be able to do more of them in a row, so that will be my personal challenge to myself this week.

For the 5-mile challenge, I've only walked that far without stopping once, and have never tried that jogging (although I have done 3 miles jogging, but not many times). So, I might aim for a steady, fast walk for the 5 mile challenge and focus on the not stopping part, rather than on the distance or the run.

Still working on calories and water, but no worries there today.
  • jellybean1971
    jellybean1971 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Worried about this weeks team challenge not sure I can do 5 miles on crutches, hopefully by next Sat I'll try without crutches. Hope I'm not being a pain.
  • femmemusicale
    femmemusicale Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Just a quick check in to report that water and cals done today, and off to sleep now. Catch you all on Monday!
  • jellybean1971
    Options
    Just checking in.

Calories under
    Water Over
    Even did some upper body strength exercises

Phoned my personal trainer to tell him I wouldn't be in on Monday and to tell him why, thought having my foot almost cut off would buy me some sympathy, guesss I was wrong he told me "I better be there I could limp my *kitten* in for all he cared" told me we would work around my foot so should be intresting to say the least.

Have a great night Ladies and Thank you for letting me share in this awesome month.
  • PandaFit450
    Options
    Worried about this weeks team challenge not sure I can do 5 miles on crutches, hopefully by next Sat I'll try without crutches. Hope I'm not being a pain.

I think it would be really unfair of me to ask you to do 5 miles on crutches!!! LOL
    I think maybe we increase your ab crunches instead???

What do you reckon??
  • PandaFit450
    Options
    GOOD MORNING TEAM HIDDEN TREASURES - Ready fo Week 3? Ready to push yourselves further?
    YES OF COURSE YOU ARE!! You are fiesty, fearless pirate wenches - capable of more than you think!! Would you listen to anyone who told you you couldn't do it? Would you prove them wrong for the fun of it? FIGHT IT!!

Plan A (Low impact) – Back to strength training!

Day 1 - 3 sets of 21's (you will complete one set by doing each move 7 times), 3 sets of 8 - 12 Swimmer's Presses, 150 punches (while standing or sitting in a chair quickly extend and alternate each arm while punching a target straight in front of you. (I always imagine myself punching fatty!) Do these as quickly as you can being careful to not pop/snap your elbows. Take a break. Sometime today walk for 10 - 20 minutes. As slow or as fast as you can. If you can't do 10 - 20 minutes than walk as far as you can! Remember your are stronger than you think. Record how far you walked and tomorrow determine to walk farther even if its just one step farther.

Plan B (Mid Impact)

Day 1 - 20 Globe Jumps, 20 Burpees, 50 Toe Touches, 50 Squat Kicks, 2 mile walk, jog, run

Plan C (High Impact) - Overboard in October exericses - but longer!!!

Slow Pushups
    Begin in pushup position on a ball or floor. Perform 4 pushups, abs in and back straight. On the 5th pushup, lower halfway down and hold for 4 counts. Push back up and repeat the series - 4 regular pushups and 1 half hold. Repeat for 60-90 seconds.

Plyo-Jacks
    Begin with feet together and jump up, taking feet out to the side while circling arms overhead and land in a squat. Jump up and bring feet back together, circling arms back in. This is just like a slow jumping jack, but really use power when pushing up into the jumps. Repeat for 60-90 seconds.

Walking Lunge
    Start at one end of the room, holding weights if desired, and step forward with right leg. Bend both knees to 90 degree angles, lowering body into a lunge (keep front knee behind the toe). Bring the left foot forward and step into a lunge. Continue lunging, alternating legs for 60-90 seconds..

Jumping Jacks with Front Kicks
    Do one jumping jack. After you jump the feet back together, bring the right knee up and snap the foot out in a front kick (don't extend the leg all the way, but keep a small bend in the knee). Do another jumping jack and kick with the left foot. Continue for 2 minutes, alternating jumping jacks and kicks.

Wall Sit with Chest Squeeze
    Hold a medicine ball (or just press the hands together if you have no equipment) and slide down the wall until your thighs are parallel to the floor while squeezing the ball. Hold this position and keep pressure on the ball as your straighten the arms out in front of you and slowly pull them back in. Repeat the chest squeezes in and out for 60-90 seconds and stand up.

Ski Jumps
    Stand with feet together. Bend the knees and jump to the right as far as you can--think of jumping laterally rather than vertically. Land with soft knees and immediately jump laterally to the left. Repeat for 60-90 seconds.

March in Place
    Aren't you tired? Take a few seconds to catch your breath.

High Jogs
    Stand with feet together and hold arms straight out in front of you at mid-torso level. Jog in place, bringing knees high enough that they hit your hands (don't lower hands!). Repeat for 60-90 seconds.

Triceps Dips
    Sit on a chair or bench with hands next to the hips. Lift up and take the hips forward, just in front of the bench. Bend the elbows and lower down until elbows are about 90 degrees. Squeeze the triceps to push back up and repeat 60-90 seconds.

Pushups/Side Planks
    In pushup position (on knees or toes), perform one pushup. As you come up, shift weight to left arm, twist to the side while bringing the right arm up towards the ceiling in a side plank. Lower the arm back to the floor for another pushup and then twist to the other side. Repeat for 60-90 seconds.

Same water and calories challenge plus 500 crunches/sit ups for the entire week! No groaning you can do this! Make sure you perform abdominal stretches after the crunches. They are key to a quick painless recovery. You can do the crunches anyway you want 100 a day, 50 in the a.m. 50 at night or all 500 in one day. Its up to you!

Let's change course - full speed ahead - it's time to capture fatty!!!!
    Have a great day ladies :drinker:
  • ruelman83
    ruelman83 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Hoping to kick butt this week, but not sure if possible.. They put us on mandatory overtime again this week.. ugh.. talk about stressed out!
  • jmh35slh
    Options

:bigsmile:
    [/quote]
    HAHA--i started to groan as i read NO GROANING! LOL
  • jellybean1971
    Options
    So I managed to get my butt to the floor without bumping my foot to do some crunches, did 100 of them . Then I couldn't get back up, do a mental picture of me trying to get back up with my foot cause it must have looked funny as hell. So I gave up and thought what the heck and did another 100 before Hubby came along to rescue me, so 200 crunches done. Have an awesome day Ladies will ckeck back in later today if I survive the trip to the gym.
  • trimom63
    trimom63 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Yea!! I'm SO psyched to see the exercicses changed back to the overboard in October type....if I had to do another swimmer's press I was going to cut my arms off!! hahah!! Nawww...they've just gotten old.....I LOVE these challenge exercises!! Plan C....you're MINE, you scalliwag!!!!

Keep up the great efforts everyone....Jules finally let me out of the hold.....fiesty wench that she is.... :huh:
  • jaeone
    jaeone Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    Hi Capn J & J! I am staying with plan b this week!

Plan B (Mid Impact)

Day 1 - 20 Globe Jumps, 20 Burpees, 50 Toe Touches, 50 Squat Kicks, 2 mile walk.

I am In a 30 day Shred challenge also. Today was day 1... SHOOT ME!

Water over
    Cals under

75 crunches
    Shoot me again! OUCH, NOT THERE!
  • littlemount
    Options
    Week 3/ Day 1- Low impact exercises- 3 sets swimmers pressess, 3 sets of 21's, 150 punches
    70 crunches
    walking 35 minutes
    water- will be done
    calories- under
    Hope everyone had a great exercise day. My daughter is off to adventure camp and I feel like my nest is empty eagerly waiting for her to return back on Thursday.Ofcourse she is having a grand time with a concert everynight.Looks like my umbilical cord will never get cut.
  • ruelman83
    ruelman83 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    20 globe jumps, 20 burpees, 50 toe touches, 50 squat kicks
    100 crunches
    2mi walk
    under cals (food choices sucked today, sorry)
    8glasses of water
  • jmh35slh
    Options
    W3D1

Water-done
    Calories-done
    Plan A-done:
    3 sets of 21's
    3 sets of 15 Swimmers presses
    150 punches
    20 Head/Shoulders/Knees/Toes
    20 Kicks
    90 crunches-done

The weather here is going to be bad this week (more rain for the east coast of the US), so walking outside is out for me...BUT i found my Lelsie Sansone (spelling?) walking DVD, so i am planning on using it this week!

Have a good night everyone!

One-Eyed-Jackie
    Aaaarrrgggg