Thanksgiving!?! What is you plan?

Options

Replies

• Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    I am going to follow the same eating plan I have been for the last year,. This is a lifestyle change for me.
  • chrissaucier
    chrissaucier Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I'm having a house full of people and I'm going to workout in the morning and then enjoy the day with family and friends!
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    So Thanksgiving is coming up! How fun! I love the holidays! The Fun, Family, Oh yea! And dont forget the FOOOOOOD!!!

So what i want to know is:

Do you plan on dieting this Thanksgiving?
    Do you have some low calorie recipies your making?
    Do you just plan on using this day as a cheat day?

Tell me your plans! I am not exactly sure what ill be doing for this day. Plus Christmas will be coming up right after!

Thanksgiving is a big holiday for us. My whole family is flying in, and we're going to spend the day cooking, minging, chatting, and enjoying family time. I will just enjoy my day with my family and eat in moderation.
  • Loveebbs
    Loveebbs Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I plan on busting *kitten* at the gym in the morning and then eating anything and everything I want for dinner. :)

I'm thinking about doing the same thing.......get in a really good morning workout and then enjoy myself.
  • hollyg123
    hollyg123 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I plan on busting *kitten* at the gym in the morning and then eating anything and everything I want for dinner. :)

Me too! I love Thanksgiving, but since it's on my weigh in day, I am going to weigh in BEFORE I eat all that food though!
  • VeggieFace
    Options
    I'm going to try to enjoy the food while monitoring my portions. Maybe I can exercise before/after to make up for the excess. But it's one day so i will drink and eat and probably be over my calorie allowance. One day will not set me back too much.
  • katkins3
    katkins3 Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    I am very lucky! I'll be having Thanksgiving at my Daughter's home. I won't have to worry a bit about the food thing....she's an MFP too! We already agree on the menu and plan to enjoy with moderation, but have our favorites too. Since Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday, its especially nice to know there won't be any "food-drama" to detract.
  • PlanetVelma
    PlanetVelma Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    I plan on getting up early to work out and get my cooking on! I'll be cooking for my family and my fiance's parents. I will be aware of my portions and probably take a nice walk after our meal.

I also plan on skipping Black Friday and eating a HUGE Turkey Sandwich the day after thanksgiving. lol The day after Thanksgiving we always do a movie day, relax, take a walk with the dogs...just keep it nice & relaxed!
  • stupidthick5150
    Options
    Girl I"m gonna eat but i will control my portions it only comes once a year and with all the hard work i been doing I deserve it! anyways you wanna work out tomorrow? At the gym or my house?
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options

So what i want to know is:

Do you plan on dieting this Thanksgiving?
    Do you have some low calorie recipies your making?
    Do you just plan on using this day as a cheat day?

Tell me your plans! I am not exactly sure what ill be doing for this day. Plus Christmas will be coming up right after!

1) HECK NO. I plan on eating ridiculous amounts of everything and not tracking it nor giving a fook.
    2) Nope.
    3) Yep.
  • tabik30
    tabik30 Posts: 443
    Options
    Great question! It's got me thinking about something healthy that I can make so ill at least have that. Glad you brought it up!
  • Andythefitfamilyman
    Options
    My plan? Run, cook, football, eat to my heart's content. It'll be a good day.
    This^^^^^
  • stef_3
    stef_3 Posts: 173
    Options
    Since we don't have any family around and my husband doesn't like pies or mashed potatoes I think I might just stay on track. I'll make a small batch of cookies for the boys for dessert. My husband usually makes a small turkey, stuffing and rolls. I won't have all the sides and sweets tempting me like when we have Thanksgiving with extended family so that will be nice. Hopefully I'll even get a small workout in too.
  • MayaNelson
    Options
    I am going to visit my family. My 85 year old mother, 4 siblings, and 9 nieces/nephews. I am very much looking forward to seeing my mother. But this is going to be a very stressful trip for me. My siblings are always all over me for my weight. My sisters are both size 0, and bothers run marathons and are triathletes. My kids are supportive and already determining activities to help me, aka, "Mom, let's go for a walk" (get out and get away). We're going to get a rental car and also have identified a hotel just in case the family togetherness is too much.

So I'm planning on keeping it light mentally and keep the food in check.

Maya
  • ReinasWrath
    ReinasWrath Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    Maybe try and go maybe 100 extra under my calories each day the week of to try and give a little extra wiggle room for T-Day saved up. Then be forced to fast all day while I'm cooking then I'm going to have what I want. Probably try to control portions have water instead of pop.. But if I do go over I think Thanksgiving will be the one day I can do it guilt free XD
  • cschu544
    cschu544 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    You dont have to over do it, look at it as another typical eating day! :)
  • JStarnes
    JStarnes Posts: 5,576 Member
    Options
    I plan to eat myself into a food coma :glasses: gobble gobble!
  • foremant86
    foremant86 Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    I plan on eating whatever is cooked, just smaller portions ;)
  • yessiseguy
    Options
    Were not doing Thanksgiving with the family. My husband and I are leaving on a nice trip possibly to Portland or Lake Tahoe. Good reminder! Im gonna check up on that as I type!
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    My plan is to control portions, but enjoy the food too. I know I will go over but I rearely do that and I know when I am full, I won't over do it, I hate the too full feeling!

this for me as well...we have 3 dinners to attend every Thanksgiving so I have a little of my favorite's at each one. I don't calorie count on holidays. I enjoy!