200+ Hot For Halloween!

Options

Replies

• treehugginpam
    treehugginpam Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    Quick weigh-in:

****************************** 212.4 ************************************

Lost the TOM weight plus some more, yay! I'm going to make it to onederland by Christmas if it kills me, darn it.
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options

Yeay!

Amy - happy early birthday by a bit!

Megan - I worked with a guy I dated for two years, everyone knew our business and it was a super rocky relationship. BAD. So I feel for you.

As for me, I iced my feet and they feel fine today. I know I need to go to the Dr for it just to be safe. Ugh. Today I will order another pair of motion control shoes and get rid of the first pair I had so at least I've got two pairs going.

Busy busy week here at work. It will be all I can do to keep up with the work while I am trying to learn the new computer system and have a customer in tomorrow. So I will be on here not much at all.
  • rainvc
    rainvc Posts: 142
    Options
    Tasha: You are INSANELY busy woman! That fall sounds painful! Rest up!

WoWmama: Great NSV!!!

Kerry: Great run, spectacular time!! My former professor ran a half on Sunday, and her time was around 2:48. It is so inspirational to read about running accomplishments. Also, thanks to stalking your diary I am hooked on Clif Chocolate Mint bars. They are so good and keep me full for a really long time!

Jessie: So jealous of your Canon Rebel. I want one so badly! Your brother's photos came out amazing. They are really unique and excellent quality! You've definitely got talent when it comes to photography. So sorry to hear about Nerd's dad, and I hope everything is okay.

Kendal: You look soooo good in that costume! I love it! In related knows, work friend sucks. In unrelated news, that badge is too freakin cute! Nice job! And don't downplay the fact that you went to the gym! The hardest part is getting your butt there. Good job!!

QofSheba: I have also felt "stuck" lately too. I don't get it, but I want to get out of this funk. Now, please!

Jenn: Awesome loss! You are almost under 300...you've got this, girl!

Bobbie: Glad you are getting some time with the girls! Have fun at all those Haunted Attractions!

Hailie: Don't give up!!!!

Pam: Sorry you couldn't do the race. That stinks. Try selling those old shoes on ebay so at least they aren't a total loss. I would definitely do the boxing class. That sounds like a lot of fun! Awesome weigh-in, by the way!

Sarah: Awesome race time! You did it! Again, so inspirational!! Equally awesome weigh-in, girl! You are rockin' this thing!

Amy: That is unfathomably sucky that you are now sick after cleaning up after sick dogs, and its your birthday. So sorry girl. Chin up. Hope you get better soon!

Rikki: Awesome NSV!!

Victoria: I did! I made pumpkin dip (that stuff is so delicious), soft pumpkin cookies, and a huge batch of potato soup. So. Delicious. I also managed to drink like 3 glasses of Pinot Noir last night. I couldn't help myself. It was so good. As you can see, you aren't the only one who is a victim to weekend eating!

Megan: Sorry you are still feeling down in the dumps about the boy. I hope it passes quickly. You deserve nothing short of the very best.

Lacey: Take care of that foot. You need it.
  • jessicae1aine
    Options
    Thanks for all the positive thoughts. Nerd's dad is having a cardiac catheter this morning, to see if they can find the cause - he has high blood pressure and has been on medication for it, so that's a possibility. Didn't sleep well last night, because I was too worried about Nerd, who was doing the "I'm fine" thing even though it was really clear he wasn't. Later we'll know more, so I'm glad for that.

Weigh in for today: 262.6
  • navajoon
    navajoon Posts: 355
    Options
    Hi ladies! Mega catching up post. First off, I'm taking a TOM pass. I weighed in this morning and it was just a sad, sorry state of affairs. All my clothes are tight and my fingers are enormous... I've been drinking lots of water, but none of it seems to reappear. Bloating and water retention, much? Ack.

Okay, catchup on individual posts somewhat:

Sarah, I'm glad you've got help with the friend's situation now! I'm sure that'll be a great relief to you. I hope she gets better soon! And the helmet is rockin', I'm sure.

Jessi, I hope Nerd's dad comes out ok. Glad to hear they're working on finding the issue. Your pics, just to repeat what everyone has said already, are GREAT! And who is that adorable blonde girl with the pumpkin? She's such a cutie. And I saw your bro's senior pics on FB. How cool!

Amy, happy early birthday and I hope you feel better soon! You've been forced to deal with digestion issues both animal and human for far too long.

Lacey, hope your foot feels better. Glad the Doc is having a look.

Kendal, that costume and those boots are super cute!

Megan, I'm sorry you're having such horrendous boy issues. I hope things get better for you soon! And maybe the shaving thing is just a breakup reaction? I always did something bizarre when a boy and I split in the past. Usually it was chopping the hair off.

Pam, glad to hear the hip is much better. Sorry you had to miss out on your 5K.

Kerry, what an amazing run!

Hosanna, hope you had an amazing Hen Weekend! I've been seeing the FB posts all weekend.

As for me, had a fairly busy but nice weekend. I got to have a rare night of just me and Joe alone on Friday, which was quite nice. Saturday, we woke up and made breakfast, ran a few errands, then quickly came home and got all dressed for his friend's wedding, which was on a boat. The weather in Houston has been spectacular the past couple weekends, so it was a really nice occasion. Joe got a bit seasick, but as soon as we got off the boat, he was fine.

I totally had to cave in on Saturday and go to Lane Bryant, where I haven't been since 2005. I was having trouble finding a new strapless bra... seriously, they all sucked! Normally, I wear a 38C from Victoria's Secret, and that does me just fine. But the 38C in the strapless was WAY too small. I know I'm really a 40B, so rather than running around looking at incompatible 38Cs all over town, I told Joe "screw it, we're going to Lane Bryant. I know they'll have exactly what I need there." While I was able to find the right bra there, I have a major attitude about LB because I think their sizes run small on purpose to keep women in there thinking they're bigger than they are. Seriously... I have a pair of size 14 jeans from Old Navy, Gap and Banana and they all fit just fine. I also have a pair of size 14s from Lane Bryant and they currently do NOT fit. AT ALL. So it's like, wtf? Does anyone else come across that issue? They also seem to assume that all plus size women are hourglass, so the shirts and pants never fit me as I'm shaped like a giant rectangle.
  • kmturtle3
    kmturtle3 Posts: 556
    Options
    Jessi, just wanted you to know I'm thinking about you and Nerd and his Dad, hoping and praying for good news and a speedy/problem free recovery. That is such a stressful thing. Last winter my dad went through a couple week span where he had terrible migraines and his blood pressure would just drop out from under him, so he would lose conciousness repeatedly. The doctors had him in for testing for about a week and a half straight and could never find the cause. All of sudden, it just went away. It was terrifying and exhausting.

Rain, lol I'm glad you found the Clif Cool Mint Chocolate bars. They. are. my. fav. Mint and chocolate is pretty much my favorite combination, so they are perfect for me. I know sugar/carb-wise they aren't the greatest, but it sure is better than Junior Mints or a big old bowl of mint chocolate chip ice cream!

Lacey, glad to hear the foot is feeling better. Way to be proactive and get the second pair of shoes! And good luck with your crazy week at work!

Pam, you will TOTALLY get to ONEderland by Christmas. You are doing so great!

Yesterday I made these cookies:

http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/banana-oatmeal-chocolate-chip-cookies-10000001906392/

They are SUPER good. Its like oatmeal chocolate chip cookies and banana bread got together and made a naughty little cookie baby. And they are pretty good sized cookies for 114 calories a piece.
  • jessicae1aine
    Options
    Nava - The adorable blonde girl is a 3 year old named Jordan, whose mother is friends with my neighbor. Never met her before in my life. :P

Kerry - That's pretty scary! I went a 7 month period where I was on about $600 a month in prescriptions because I had an inexplicable, debilitating headache. Neurologists, MRIs, etc... no answer, no drugs that worked beyond letting me at least be semi-functional while in pain, and then one day it was gone.
  • silver02bullet
    silver02bullet Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    nava- funny you mention doing something post breakup concerning your hair.....pretty sure I lopped off just shy of 7 inches a couple weeks ago right after he broke it off. hehe. on a note about his 'no facial hair' thing, i just saw him and he does not look good without facial hair. makes me feel better that he won't be attracting many women with that look. haha i asked him when he was going to grow it back, and he said he wasn't because his daughter told him he looked 10 years younger. i hate to tell him, but it doesn't do that....at all. if anything, it makes his double chin more pronounced. i feel kind of good about this one. lol

and i feel ya on lane bryant. every time i tried to shop there for pants (which i have the hardest time fitting into....why i wear a TON of dresses), all the pants would have SUCH a high waist that it would be clear up to my tatas like i was an old lady. i just added this place to another list of stores i can't wear their clothes.
  • KendalBeee
    KendalBeee Posts: 2,269 Member
    Options
    Jumping in on the LB talk, I only go there for their bras and panties. They have the best bras of my LIFE but the clothes are expensive and like you said Megan- they come up WAY too high on my mid section.
  • pinbotchick
    pinbotchick Posts: 3,904
    Options
    Not to defend LB, I never been there or tried their clothes on. The sizing discussion got me to wondering, if they've been around a long time, maybe they've stayed true to size. My clothes that are 15+ years old are much smaller (about a size down)... I can't fit into older 14s and older 16s fit like most current 14s... It makes me think that stores have enlarged the sizes so women think they are fitting into "smaller" sizes. Has anyone else noticed this?

I hate high waisted pants!!! Low riders make me feel thinner and taller.
  • jessicae1aine
    Options
    I need a solution! I'm stressed, clearly, with the stuff going on with Nerd's dad right now, and I'm a stress eater. Like, so far this morning I've eaten half a bag of Chick'n in a Biscuit crackers, and a box of almond butter cookies. I can't keep doing this and I know it, but geeesh food makes me feel so much better... if you stress eat, what do you do instead?
  • pinbotchick
    Options
    if you stress eat, what do you do instead?

Several things to try... Exercise works best for me - calms me down and high from exercise makes me feel better. I'll try a healthy snack first, then give in to the treat if I still need it. Popcorn seems to work for me - salty and crunchy. Drinking a glass of water sometimes helps me feel fuller. Some people suggest brushing your teeth - makes it harder to want to eat with clean feeling. Best solution - don't keep junk food in your house. If you have up go buy it or make it, you're less likely to give in. (((((((hugs))))))) we've all been there and given in. Good luck. I understand your stress and concern. Modern medicinecan do wonders and create miracles to make people better - hopefully knowing you don't want to ever put your family through it, will help you to make better choices and be healthier. When I do give in and stress eat, I try to take out 1 serving and put the stuff away before I sit down and try to savor each bite. It makes me less likely to go back for a second helping.
  • pinbotchick
    Options
    I just read an article that a 100 year old man made history and completed a full -yes FULL- marathon in Toronto this weekend. His time was something like 8 hours and 19 min... Such an inspiration!!!
  • earthsember
    earthsember Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday!

I am not impressed with my scale this morning (I weigh daily, but only count weekly, thankfully today isn't the day I count!). Went out on a date with my husband yesterday, for the first time in about a YEAR (we've got a nearly 2 yr old, so life has not been geared towards "couple time"). We did Mexican food, and I ordered what I thought was sensible - fajitas, only ate one of the tortillas that came with it, and only ate 5 or 6 of the tortilla chips and salsa. I ate less than half of the rice, beans, and guacamole that came with the fajitas. For breakfast I had yogurt, for dinner I had a pb&j using only one piece of bread. I also had a short (8oz) soy caramel mocha from Starbucks (about 170cals).

Somehow my weight today is FOUR lbs higher than yesterday. I'm assuming there was some MAJOR sodium in those fajitas. I don't know. Killing it with the water today and hoping tomorrow looks good.

All the mentions of Lane Bryant - I can't wear their stuff either. I've always been able to shop in the "normal" section of stores for tops, but plus size for pants (I'm a 14-16 now on the bottom depending on brand, medium-large for tops if that gives you an idea on how disproportionate I am). I heard good things about them, but at 5'3ish their pants all drag on the floor for me AND come up high on the waist. Geez!

Victoria - don't you love it when you find out you have more free time than you thought? :)

Pam - I only weigh about a lb more than you, and I too want to see ONEDerland by Christmas! Let's do this!

Lacey - hope you get your foot all taken care of!

rainvc - pumpkin dip? I haven't gone back far enough to see where it's originally mentioned. I'm intrigued and pumpkin obsessed. What is this dip? :)

jessiker - sending good thoughts for Nerd's dad! Also, you're stress eating post: apples with a bit of peanut butter helps, it's crunchy and sweet without overdoing it. I try tea, coffee, and water first though.

Kerry - I totally just bookedmarked that recipe! Thank you!
  • wigglentwink
    wigglentwink Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    HELLLLLLLO ladies. Now that I am rested and no longer feel like I've been hit by a truck, let's see what I can get replied...

Victoria: That is inspirational!! Can you imagine? I am a third that age, and it took me 2 hours and 34 minutes of hauling *kitten* to finish a half... WOW!!

Lacey: Take care of that foot!! It does you no good at all to be injured, cuz then you are occupying your couch instead of your running shoes. :)

Jessi: When I am stressed out, I (1) Pray. (2) push play on my Jillian Michael's video and bust it out hardcore style. Like, I want my heart to come out of my throat and I want to be shaking from working so hard. Then, if that doesn't do it, I run. I run until my legs want to fall off at the hip and I trip over it. It does two things: It helps use that energy in a positive way, getting you closer to your goal and, when you work out, your body will tell you (not your mind) what kind of food to eat. Your body rarely wants almond cookies, it would prefer grilled chicken after a workout like that. And two, it gives you some time to think through what is going on... all by yourself, no interruptions.

Kerry: You kicked my @$$ girl. You would have had time to eat a snack and stretch before I got there. I'll catch you next time, though!!

Amy: Happy BIRTHDAY!! You are a sweet, special lady and I am blessed to know you.

I missed the whole LB discussion but I will put my two cents in anyway: I won't shop there. The inconsistency and the prices kill me every time. It's prolly cuz I'm super cheap...but that's just me. :)

Pam: You'll hit Onederland by Christmas with time to spare. I am so proud of you!! GO GO GO!!!

The half marathon yesterday was brutal to say the least. I thought I was going to die at mile 11.5 though I knew I had run the distance at least once in training. I was disappointed with the water stations, as it seemed to be a place for people to loiter, rather than refuel and go. So, I started running around the outside of them and grabbing a cup to keep going. That was perfect. I did my first 7 miles a less than 10 minutes per mile. I felt awesome but knew I needed to slow down if I wanted to finish, so I slowed my pace to about 12/mi. Then I got to the hills at mile 11. O. M. G. Someone just kill me. No. Really. They were dropping like flies at that point. The curb was lined with ladies stretching after the first major hill and I just kept going. I did have to stop for a potty break or it would be running down my leg, but I waited until I got to one without a line. In. Out. Gone. The mile between 12 and 13 was long. I mean, like two miles...or three. I saw the 13 marker coming and started to cry a little. Not a good idea, to tighten your chest when trying to finish a race. Saw my dad, cried harder. Came around the corner and saw my husband with my son, holding a sign that said, "Go Mama, Go! We love you for 100 of years!!!" More tears. I grabbed Wiggle's hand and had him run across the finish with me. Rounded the final corner, and my mom is there holding my daughter screaming their lungs out, "GO GO GO GO!!" My sister is at the finish line with the camera. Official time, 2:34:34. My fastest run ever for that distance. The music, the announcer: "Sarah!! Great time, girlfriend!!" My super fast friends cheering me on, my friends finishing behind me...it was too much. Tears. Snot. Choking on icy water. I puked. Oops. Then it hits me -- WHERE IS THE FOOD. I NEED FOOD NOW!! (and I am crazy cold.) Lots of food...right over there. You just have to stand in this stupidly long line first. No thanks. Went into the studio where they had personal trainer stretching you out. ( still hungry, still very cold.) Went next door and got my free massage while munching on chocolate. Relaxing, right? No. More puke. still cold. No more chocolate please. Decided to pass on the remainder of the festivities, seeing as my body was rejecting all I put into it. Got home and had Wonton soup. YES! It stayed down. Showered. still cold. Laid down with three blankets and sweats...still cold. Had dinner at the folks house...still cold. On the way home, everyone in the car is sweating and I am shivering. Hubby discovers that I haven't eaten enough calories for the day...stops at Shari's and buys a pie. Takes me home, covers me in soft blankets and hands me the whole pie. I ate half a slice and didn't want any more. Then I ate a whole chicken breast, brown rice, two cups of steamed broccoli, an entire zucchini, a honey crisp apple, two bananas, and some havarti cheese. Not cold any more -- now I'm passed out on the couch.
  • jessicae1aine
    Options
    Victoria - Wow, lots of suggestions! Water is about the only option right now, since I'm at work. I don't keep junk food at home at all, typically, but everyone brings junk down here and leaves it it for everyone. I think the one serving this is totally do-able at work, though!

Kiki - Unfortunately, I'm terribly allergic to apples. Maybe some veggies and peanut butter will make the day a bit better tomorrow. I do have tea here, and it's pretty incredible.

Sarah - I'll have my treadmill later this week, thankfully, and I think I could probably get it this evening if I can rearrange enough for it tonight. And even my mind rarely wants almond cookies :P I'm not much for eating sweets, just baking them. I'm super impressed with the hard work you did for that marathon, too - sorry it was so rough on you.

I'm so, so exhausted. Nerd brought me lunch when he got off work, and it was probably the most delicious tasting thing in the world, since I ate crap all day. I can't wait to get off work, go home, and sleep.
  • pinbotchick
    Options
    Sarah - I loved your story. I've always been ready to leave as soon as I finish a half. The best food at the last 1/2 was salted red potato chunks - to die for!!! I generally have fruit, hard boiled eggs, string cheese and peanut butter after a race. I've found having extra in the car helps. At the last race my sweet cousin had food waiting for me when I finished. Great job getting the race done!!!
  • jessicae1aine
    Options
    Nerd's dad had a blockage in the artery in his leg, and they put a stent in. They said his heart attack was mild, and they'll keep him on some medication but he should be out of the hospital tomorrow. All of this has lead to the decision that, once we can afford it (like, a year or two), we'll be moving to Florida, where most of his family is. I offered to move there to start with, but he wanted to be here; now, he understands why I thought being closer to his parents was a better idea.
  • qofsheba
    Options
    Weigh in: 191. Sigh. Exercised hard and am working in the 8 glasses of water.

Generic replies--I just go home and have to go back out in 20 minutes so forgive me..
    Mexican food: ALL sodium. The four lbs will come off quickly.
    Half Marathon: Congratulations. I did one 25 years ago. Was a very proud accomplishment but I never wanted to do another. Your time was great.
    Lane Bryant: the pants work for me when they have short. But the fabrics aren't very nice for how much they cost. My life goal is to never to into another Lane Bryant.

Happy Monday everyone.
  • babyworms
    babyworms Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies!!! I am baaaaaaack!!
    Clearly i have missed a BUTTLOAD of your awesomeness, so i'll only be trying to catch up with small pieces, as that is all i have the capacity for! haha!

Amy - hope your pups are better!

Jessi - Your pictures are AWESOME! super sorry to hear about Nerd's dad!

Kendal - The badge is adorable!

Hailie - Don't give up! We're here for you!

Riki - That's an awesome NSV, Way to go you!!

Victoria - I did survive, but i was in struggletown Sunday!! But it was awesome!

Megan - Sorry about the man troubles {{hugs}}

That's about all i can manage!!

The weekend was AWESOME!!! Had the BEST time! I don't even know where to begin as far as information about it...

Before going away i had two days in adelaide to organise wedding stuff - Finished the invitations, put the bombonieres together, fixed the BM and FG flowers, picked up my flowers, tasted and ordered the cake, and tried on my wedding dress.

*******GREATEST NSV EVER - Put on the dress... it fell off!!!*********

When it was ordered, the measurements were PERFECT. This has been the GREATEST indication of success so far, and i'm SO excited!! They're having to take it in two inches either side, Plus another two altogether to allow for any further loss. I am SO happy!!!

The weekend itself was awesome too. It was pretty exciting having a weekend that was completely ALL ABOUT ME! haha! I got wished All The Best by the plane pilot and a tram driver, and on another tram had the whole place yelling congrats!
    It was just so much fun!!!

We went to the King Tutankhamun exhibition, which was MIND BLOWING, and then we went out for dinner for an African banquet. It was phenomenal. We were at the restaurant for at least four hours just having an awesome time. Then the "old ducks" went home and me, my two bridesmaids, and my 'sister' (my parents' 'other daughter') went and partied on at the clubs. It was so much fun, i was fully decked out in my "bride" shirt, with my "bride to be" badge, my veil with little willies on it, and my penis straw... Classy as it was meant to be! We spent the night doing "bachelorette party dares" and i only paid for one drink all night!

I was MAJORLY in struggletown on Sunday, but i accepted that it was my own fault, and tagged along after the others while they shopped.

Travelling home yesterday was torturous... having to navigate the airports, then the four hour drive home on minimal sleep... only to get home and find my unwell man at home feeling majorly c r a p p y. Oh well.

I had the most AWESOME time!!!

Now, i missed out on sharing before and after photos, and i really feel the need to join in as i felt AWESOME about myself this weekend!!

PA164773-1-1-1.jpg

Also, just for amusement's sake, i shall now include a collage of progressive photos of Saturday.

PA174823-1.jpg

Teags and i are actually sober in the first photo at the restaurant, then Poni and I with our straws... then it's all downhill from there until 4am where i'm trying to feed a giant sperm cell Maccas fries... :bigsmile:

And finally, a group shot of us all!

PA164763-1.jpg

But it's good to be home!!