Hitting on women in the Gym

Avalonis
Avalonis Posts: 1,540 Member
Assuming you do it in a non-creeper way (No following them home/to the parking lot, no waiting for them, no breathing heavily in their ear as they try to stretch, no leering, ect)

How do you ladies feel about being hit on in the gym? Is that a no-no, or would you be flattered? I know a lot of women feel "dirty" or "nasty" from being all sweaty and tired.

Many men find sweaty women attractive... something about heaving breasts and whatnot. ;)

So.... chime in! Creepy/no-no, or flattering? (Or neutral, I suppose)

I find that women that are consistent gym-goers have more in common with me, so I would want to hit on them since we have common ground to begin with.

Replies

• JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Some old Guys asked me if I ever have been mistaken for Ashley Judd sat at the gym. No clue who she is.
  • LoveleeB
    LoveleeB Posts: 560 Member
    I wouldn't mind. Sure, I feel gross looking but I know that working out makes me feel better about myself so it boosts confidence. I am usually a shy person at first but if someone decent hit on me in a decent, non-creepy way then I would be for it.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,909 Member
    Being a trainer, I've been hit on many times by my female clients. And some gay men as well. I'm flattered, but taken.
  • Avalonis
    Avalonis Posts: 1,540 Member
    Some old Guys asked me if I ever have been mistaken for Ashley Judd sat at the gym. No clue who she is.

lol... you just told a story, you didn't answer the post! ;)
  • aflane
    aflane Posts: 625 Member
    I don't care for it. I'm at the gym to work out and sweat, not to be made uncomfortable by someone hitting on me. Now I have to go to efforts to avoid that person.
  • chicky89
    chicky89 Posts: 260 Member
    haha go for it!!!! I'd be flattered as hell!!!
  • Ashely Judd is afamous Country Singer who gained fame as part fo the family band The Judds
  • YukonJoy
    YukonJoy Posts: 1,279 Member
    I don't get hit on at the gym. Apparently I am "intimidating".... so I've been told. :huh:
  • martymum
    martymum Posts: 413 Member
    wouldn't bother me...but you'd be chucked out...I go to a girls only gym lol

martyxx
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    I'd be totally flattered if some guy somehow thought I was attractive while sweaty and gross.
  • juleseybaby
    juleseybaby Posts: 712 Member
    Hmmmm...

Were I single, I think I would find it flattering as long as it was done in the non-creeper way you mentioned. Especially since I generally do not look all that great (in my opinion) while I am at the gym. I would think that would mean the guy would only be even more pleased once he saw me dressed up for a night out.
  • JodiS75
    JodiS75 Posts: 284
    Ashely Judd is afamous Country Singer who gained fame as part fo the family band The Judds

Ashley is more famous for her acting than her singing. Her sister (Wynnona) and mom (Naomi) are better known for their singing ;-)
  • ♥_Ellybean_♥
    ♥_Ellybean_♥ Posts: 1,646 Member

Many men find sweaty women attractive... something about heaving breasts and whatnot. ;)

OMG this is hilarious!! heaving breasts! ha ha

Sure why not, we can be all sweaty together! LMAO
  • jmelyan23
    jmelyan23 Posts: 1,648 Member
    I think I'd be flattered as long as it wasn't a gross, stalker-type creeper thing. It's nice that men can appreciate women who are healthy and work hard to get in shape, even if they don't look their best at the gym.
  • Personally, I don't really want to talk to anyone when I'm at the gym. However, it is flattering at the same time if not over done. (Seeing someone check you out once - flattering. Seeing them eying you multiple times is super creepy). I recommend trying to talk to them when they aren't in the middle of something - like while running on a treadmill.
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    I don't get hit on at the gym. Apparently I am "intimidating".... so I've been told. :huh:
    (ElExGordo flinches)
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member

lol... you just told a story, you didn't answer the post! ;)

ashley-judd-58.jpg
  • If he was yummy fit then wouldn't mind at ALL ;)
  • sjkcarter
    sjkcarter Posts: 417 Member
    Ashely Judd is afamous Country Singer who gained fame as part fo the family band The Judds

Ashley Judd is a famous atress. Her sister Wynona and Naomi Judd are country singers.
  • juleseybaby
    juleseybaby Posts: 712 Member

Ashley is the actress (Double Jeopardy, Kiss the Girls)... Wynona and their mom Naomi are the vocalists.

Can we call the thread hijack over?

Now back to Av's original question...

eta: oops - someone types faster!