!!!SERIOUS SHREDDERS!!! 17TH OCTOBER 2011 :o)

Options

Replies

• robyng1986
    robyng1986 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    hi, I started 30DS today, and I would like to join the group :flowerforyou:
  • elissascotland
    elissascotland Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Day 1 done!
  • kelsue35
    kelsue35 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Have you tried doing them against the wall? Maybe making your one hand a fist? Just some suggestions that have worked for me when I broke my thumb.

did try the wall thing but not with a fist and it still hurt. will try that tomorrow thanks so much
  • kelsue35
    kelsue35 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Day 1 - DONE!!

day 1 is done but have problem, back in february of this year i fractured my hand where my thumb meets my wrist. i tried to do push ups this morning and i cant do them due to wrist/hand pain. any suggestions on what i should do when the shred calls for the push ups?

I have issues with carpal tunnel in my right hand and tenosynovitis in my left. When I am having flares, I do pushups on the wall (less body weight and stress on the joint) or I hold plank on my forearms. Hang in there!!!

going to try wall push ups while making a fist tomorrow with that hand if it still hurts i will do the plank thing.. thanks
  • jennysmission
    jennysmission Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Wow 5 pages!!

Day 1 complete 5 lb weights.

My workout schedule.... Mon. Shred and C25k, Tue Boot camp Gym/shred, wed Shred/c25k/possibly zumba thr bootcamp gym/shred Fri zumba/shred/c25l sat shred sun shred..............Seriously might not be able to walk after all of this Ive been doing all of the above already except shred!!!

Here is my weight and my measurements.............

Weight 261.4 (last weeks WI)
    Waist...47.0
    Hips..59.0
    chest..44.0
    arms...18L 18.5 R
    thights...33.5 L 33 R

Here we go!!
  • sunshinegirlnm
    sunshinegirlnm Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Level 1, Day 1, 3# weights, 137 cals (per HRM), 25 mins

On the road--will measure/weigh on Weds. Got to say, Jillian kicks my butt but I want to use 3 and 5 pound weights--need more resistance on a couple of exercises.

Since it's not a huge cal burn I am aiming for 5 hours cardio each week, too.

Congrats to all on Day 1! ( or whatever day you're on!)
  • lizlashley09
    Options
    Got up this morning for a good *kitten* kicking by Julian on level 1, 6 am was sure early and I thought what am I doing up and doing this for before but I made it through Happy shredding to all
  • stockers78
    stockers78 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Oh my - I thought I was pretty fit, but clearly I have no upper body strength! I was very good and got up and did it before work through :smile:

Height: 5'7"
    Weight: 165lb
    Neck: 13.2"
    Waist: 36"
    Hips: 42.5"

I'm also running a couple of times a week and cycling to work four days a week, so lets see what happens!
  • cherryObebe
    Options
    Is it too late to join?
  • karensfit4life
    karensfit4life Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    add me to the list :-) I have the DVD and have only done it once or twice mixed in with other things. I need to get a good fitness routine going and this would be a great jump start to something more serious....
  • skpresley20
    skpresley20 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I'M new and would like to join! I tried in another group a few months ago but I got sick and then we moved and doing all that with a baby is hard so hopefully nothing will get in my way this time!
  • SmileyJ23
    SmileyJ23 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I am on my 5th day of the shred today!! I must say I feel stronger :) I will post my measurements from the start when I get home this evening. I have them written down. I also took before pics so Ill wait to post those when the 30 days is over. Good luck everyone :)

Ok Here are my stats at the start:

CW 286.6 ( as of 10.12.11 - I weight on Wednesdays)
    B- 43
    W- 43.5
    H- 55.5
    Thighs R/L - 32/31
    Arms (upper bicep area) R/L - 17.5/19
    Wrist R/L - 7//7

Current size 20 on bottom 14/16 on top

[ img ] http://i1195.photobucket.com/albums/aa386/SmileyJ26/CIMG1049.jpg [ /img ]
    [ img ] http://i1195.photobucket.com/albums/aa386/SmileyJ26/CIMG1047.jpg [ /img ]
  • alaskagirl5
    alaskagirl5 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Finished Day 1 of Level 1 today! I actually did two days in a row last week and had to give my body a rest because I went from zero to shredding in a day and I actually felt sick I was so sore :frown: Definitely not fun, but today was WONDERFUL!!!! I got through all of the pushups on my knees this time and did all but 5 of the lateral lifts with 3 pound weights!! :bigsmile: I must say I notice a HUGE difference in my endurance from the first and second times and I'm super exited to see what I feel like tomorrow!:happy:

I woke up super late today and I actually just ate a bunch of random junkfood that I'm putting under snacks. Mer:grumble: I definitely need to learn to control what I eat. Unfortunately healthier foods tend to be more expensive. Oh well! Good luck ladies and keep up the hard work!!
  • SmileyJ23
    SmileyJ23 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I am on my 5th day of the shred today!! I must say I feel stronger :) I will post my measurements from the start when I get home this evening. I have them written down. I also took before pics so Ill wait to post those when the 30 days is over. Good luck everyone :)

Ok Here are my stats at the start:

CW 286.6 ( as of 10.12.11 - I weight on Wednesdays)
    B- 43
    W- 43.5
    H- 55.5
    Thighs R/L - 32/31
    Arms (upper bicep area) R/L - 17.5/19
    Wrist R/L - 7//7

Current size 20 on bottom 14/16 on top

[ img ] http://i1195.photobucket.com/albums/aa386/SmileyJ26/CIMG1049.jpg [ /img ]
    [ img ] http://i1195.photobucket.com/albums/aa386/SmileyJ26/CIMG1047.jpg [ /img ]

They didn't post lets try this again :)
    CIMG1049.jpg
    CIMG1047.jpg
  • alaskagirl5
    alaskagirl5 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Yay! Happy birthday! And I definitely had junk food today and it wasn't even my birthday lol! Just get back into your routine and I hope you had a great day :smile:

ps- that lemon dessert sounds amazing!
  • lormc
    lormc Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the birthday wishes. And the lemon tart was to die for.... Nice and tart with a raspberry on the side, and I just couldn't say no to the tablet with coffee... Nom nom!!
  • sb1023
    sb1023 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    accidentally posted on the old board:). Day 7 level one done! Good luck to all those starting today!
  • Nita_Bita
    Nita_Bita Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Just finished Day 1 Level 1 and let me tell you, shredding is no joke! :laugh:
  • spaceEF
    spaceEF Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Alright, even though I started last week I only made it through four days. So, let's refresh this and not fall behind. I am in it with all of you! I made it through day one, level one. Felt great to not come home from a sitting job to just sit down some more. And since I don't work out on Sundays, I now have the motivation to double up one day! Good thinking! I love everyone's posts! And for my weight goal... well, I just want my pants to fit a little more comfortably first off. Then I can focus on shedding more pounds if need be and this will be a great stepping stone WHEN I can see it through! So pumped!!
  • busymnmom
    busymnmom Posts: 133
    Options
    Hi!!
    I am sooo excited to be a part of this group!!! I have not worked out for years!!! I am so out of shape and have really let myself go.

My goal at the end of this 30DS is to first, feel better! I am going to give it all I can. I really don't know what to expect. I don't want my expectations to be so high that I get pissed if I don't get there.

My starting measurements are (And I don't even know what to measure, and where or what you call some of the areas~ but thought this is what I would want to know):

arm: 12.5
    thigh: 25
    neck: 17
    waist: 43
    hips: 43
    around my boobs: 44
    under my boobs: 40

These inches really freaked me out today when I measured. I just didn't have a clue!!!

Weight starting: 187lbs

Did day 1 today of the challenge and my legs feel like rubber and I feel like I am floating when I walk!!!

And please add me as a friend! I need all the help~motivation~and support I can get!

LOVE THIS!!