Operation: Sexy Claus Week #5 10.17.11 *Closed Group*

Options

Replies

• 1RareJewel
    1RareJewel Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I am doing extremely well. Lat week weight was as high as 194 (TOM). I logged the previous wee's weight. I am 184.4 today. I am also on the 17 day diet. Wednesday will be a week that I have been on the 17DD. I logged my weight as 188.8 when I started. I'm 4.5 pounds away from reaching my November 1 goal.

I need to add more cardio, strength training and focus on the lower body (BUNS AND THIGHS) I'll soon be starting Jillian Michaels Killer Buns and Thighs!
  • Kkmama
    Kkmama Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Hi All!
    Where do I start? A couple weekends ago it was Canadian Thanksgiving and we had family over for the weekend. My eating was not that great, I mostly made good choices.... I got on the scale and was horrified to see that I had gained 5 lbs! So I committed to working out twice a day last week to gain another 5lbs! Up 10 lbs with really staying under my cals and not eating every last exercise calorie. Yesterday I was so frustrated I wanted to give up. On my scale the body fat % was up to 56%! Even at my highest I was only at 46%!!
    TOM will be making it's arrival sometime this week... that explains some of the weight gain (I hope). My plan for this week is to eat clean, within my calories, shake my bum a lot with being active for at least 45 mins a day. And I will drink 10+ cups of water a day and see how that goes. I also have an appt with my doc today to discuss this instant gain.
  • Krys_T
    Krys_T Posts: 1,406 Member
    Options
    Good Morning everyone! Looks like we had some good losses, and a few gains..but hey, it happens to the best of us. My theoery is always if you are eating clean and exercising....you will see the scale move! It may not be instaneous, but it will move my dears. So please don't get discouraged and keep pressing forward!

Question of the Day: What is a quote or mantra you live by? Something that really keeps you going or motivates you to start!
  • nicole00lynn
    Options
    didnt check in yesterday, but last week i was 180.something, and this week im 179.4 :)

i dont think i really have a quote that i always fall back on, but when i was younger i was really into the "live laugh love" thing, i think because it reminded me to let my guard down and be happy. if i had to pick something now it would be that youre only as happy as you want to be, because its true.. you can find the light in every situation if you want to - my mom used to always say "this too shall pass," when i was going through something. so when I struggle i remember those two things.
  • Krys_T
    Options
    Good Morning everyone! Looks like we had some good losses, and a few gains..but hey, it happens to the best of us. My theoery is always if you are eating clean and exercising....you will see the scale move! It may not be instaneous, but it will move my dears. So please don't get discouraged and keep pressing forward!

Question of the Day: What is a quote or mantra you live by? Something that really keeps you going or motivates you to start!

I love love love this....because I feel like subconsciously we all feel afraid to truly shine.....

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.”
  • cdngrl81
    cdngrl81 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Ugh!! So I gained 3.6 lbs this week! Wow, it really shows up when you eat crap and don't exercise.

LW: 156.4
    CW: 160.0

I hope a week's worth of working out and eating better can fix this. Anyone notice that you can gain 3 lbs in a week, but for some reason never lose 3 lbs in a week?? Whats that about??:grumble:

QOD: I don't actually have a mantra or quote that motivates me. I think it is my husband that motivates me the most and him telling me that no matter what the scale says he sees a difference and tells me I am doing a great job even when I slip up.
  • jreese5226
    jreese5226 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    The words that keep me going are from the play "Rent" - "No day but today." It is a constant reminder to myself to live in the moment and to not focus on what happened yesterday or what tomorrow will bring. I do dream about the future and what all these wonderful changes will mean for me and my family, but I remember always that there will be obstacles and I can't worry, fret, or obssess over them. Nor can I fret over the what ifs, what should haves and what could haves. And the awesome thing is that there is a song that goes along with it!
  • Stephinow
    Stephinow Posts: 273
    Options
    Good morning, ladies! My mantra changes with my current situation. For instance, around the holidays at work, I'm always chanting to myself "If you didn't bring it, don't eat it" because of all the goodies that everyone brings in. The one thing I always try to keep in mind though is that I'm doing this for myself. Reminding myself that what I'm doing is for me, what I want for myself, usually works for me.
  • miss_amy
    miss_amy Posts: 351
    Options
    one of my favorite quotes is from something i saw on tumblr:

patience.
    let's be realistic here. you won't drop two jean sizes in one day. you won't lose fifty pounds in one month. you're going to binge every now and then. you will go a day or two without working out. your weight is going to fluctuate here and there. you're going to try new techniques and they're not going to work. you're a human being. you're going to fail. but nothing great is ever accomplished without a few obstacles.
    JUST KEEP GOING.

:)
  • Krys_T
    Options
    one of my favorite quotes is from something i saw on tumblr:

patience.
    let's be realistic here. you won't drop two jean sizes in one day. you won't lose fifty pounds in one month. you're going to binge every now and then. you will go a day or two without working out. your weight is going to fluctuate here and there. you're going to try new techniques and they're not going to work. you're a human being. you're going to fail. but nothing great is ever accomplished without a few obstacles.
    JUST KEEP GOING.

:)

I like that!
  • Krys_T
    Options
    Ugh!! So I gained 3.6 lbs this week! Wow, it really shows up when you eat crap and don't exercise.

LW: 156.4
    CW: 160.0

I hope a week's worth of working out and eating better can fix this. Anyone notice that you can gain 3 lbs in a week, but for some reason never lose 3 lbs in a week?? Whats that about??:grumble:

QOD: I don't actually have a mantra or quote that motivates me. I think it is my husband that motivates me the most and him telling me that no matter what the scale says he sees a difference and tells me I am doing a great job even when I slip up.

Awww what a sweet hubby you have! :)
  • Kkmama
    Kkmama Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    The quote that keeps me going is. "Be the change you wish to see in the world". I saw it on a bag in Chapters (Bookstore) that captured my attention and got me focused on "Being the change". It has to start with me, and it did. I purchased that bag as a reward when I lost my first 10lbs! And I carry it everywhere with me.
    Lately I have had to remind myself that change starts with me. It is only me that can eat properly, it is only me that has to work out in order to see results.

My motivation that keeps me going is my husbands' unconditional love and support. He is my workout enabler! And knowing that with this change I will be a better mother, wife, friend, etc.
  • punkrawkcutie
    punkrawkcutie Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    "Dance like there's nobody watching,
    Love like you'll never be hurt,
    Sing like there's nobody listening,
    And live like it's heaven on earth.”
    ― William W. Purkey

You've gotta do it for yourself and NOT for anyone else - who cares what they think if you aren't into it.
  • 1RareJewel
    1RareJewel Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    If I do not do it for me and mine (kids), no one else will.

Your denial and hatred for me, yourself and others is what motivates me!

A brand new day is something to be thankful for, in itself!!
  • Sugar_Apple
    Sugar_Apple Posts: 951 Member
    Options

My favourite quote is "today is a new day"....I use to get all bogged down in the past and this really gives me perspective to just keep going even when everything went wrong yesterday
  • healthydoseofglitter
    Options

"Do it now. You become successful the moment you start moving towards a worthwhile goal."

Since I have been slacking I feel like this quote best represents me today I need to keep up in order to be successful its not going to magically happen.
  • _CHRISTIE_
    _CHRISTIE_ Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    question of the day....

One of my favorite quotes is "do or do not you will there is no try" from Yoda off of star wars....it's true... you're either going to do it or not do it.... w/ weight loss trying does nothing you just have to go full in and do it.... I was one... and still am to an extent at times... one to make a lot of excuses...my leg hurts, my body hurts, etc. etc. etc... (from my prosthesis and fibromyalgia) or if it were with my diet, I don't have time to cook b/c we get home so late so we have to eat out... etc... I can come up with some awesome excuses... but it's up to me to just go out and do it.... :)

hope this helps!
  • Krys_T
    Options
    "Dance like there's nobody watching,
    Love like you'll never be hurt,
    Sing like there's nobody listening,
    And live like it's heaven on earth.”
    ― William W. Purkey

You've gotta do it for yourself and NOT for anyone else - who cares what they think if you aren't into it.

LOVE LOVE LOVE
  • Krys_T
    Options
    Good Afternoon everyone! Sorry I am a little late with posting. Hope everyone is doing well today! It is Wednesday!!!

Question of the Day: What is your greatest triumph or accomplishment in your journey so far?
  • cdngrl81
    cdngrl81 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    QOD: My greatest accomplishment so far is finishing the first 2 phases of P90X. I have never stuck with it this far, I always give up after the first 30 days. But I am in it to finish it this time.