TEAM HIDDEN TREASURES - WEEK 3 (CLOSED GROUP)

Options

Replies

• jellybean1971
    jellybean1971 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Week 3 Day 1
    Evening everyone, hope you'll had a great day.

Calories under
    Water over
    So I didn't have much choice with my foot so I went with Plan A

3 sets of 21's
    3 sets of 12 Swimmer's Presses
    150 punches (pretending I was punching the stupid saw)
    I managed to walk almost 1/2 mile not quite sure you would call it walking though hobble might best describle it.
    Also did 200 of the weekly crunches

Surprising my foot doesn't hurt as much as the rest of my body, my trainer tried to kill me today. Why he thought I would like 1 legged squats when I hate the others so much is beyond me but my leg is like jello at the moment. I love my hubby for getting me a Personal Trainer for 2 months but I think they are both trying to kill me to get to my insurance money, LOL.

Remember your are stronger than you think.
  • luvmybeebees
    luvmybeebees Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    Greetings!

I am under calories today,water goal met.

Went with plan B today, and got 50 crunches in today.

Got 2 miles in, and I ran 1/2 mile in the middle somewhere!

In our house, as a little challenge, we are going without sweets this week :noway: Let me tell you, when the twins had thier ice cream tonight, I REALLY wanted to give in and have some too, but I didn't....LOL!

Have a wonderful Tuesday!
  • femmemusicale
    femmemusicale Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Hiya team -

I'm on Plan B, but I'm flipping the days. I have a hard time doing the longer walks AND the leg/core work, so I'm doing the walks with the upper body work, and will do the core work on opposite days.

Today, walked 5 miles...no stopping. Only the 2nd time in my whole life I've gone that far. It was pretty tough, both mentally and physically and I really wanted to quit at about 3.5 miles on the treadmill. Someone please tell me that it gets easier......

Did the upper body work for tomorrow, and tomorrow will do the Plan B core work.

I'm not sure where all that puts me with the extra challenge stuff, but I'm keeping a big sheet going, so I should be able to sort it out by the end of the week, and report accurate numbers.

Calories good today, even without the walk. Water's still a challenge, but I got it in.

Catch ya Tuesday!
    Noelle
  • spgabby86
    spgabby86 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    WEEK 3 ~ DAY 1

WATER - DONE
    UNDER CALORIES - DONE
    CHALLENGE - DONE

Chris Freytag 10lb Slimdown Xtreme Kickbox (38/40 mins)
    Tread @ wrk 60 mins 3.28 miles - 283 calories
    Tread @ hm 55 mins 3.34 miles 404 calories

HIDDEN TREASURES - Day 1 - 20 Globe Jumps, 20 Burpees, 50 Toe Touches, 50 Squat Kicks, 2 mile walk, jog, run (3.34 miles)

BLC - Monday, October 17th: 3.1 walk, run or bike & 3 sets of wood chops (walked 3.28 miles)

Did a total of 6.62 miles today...preparing myself for the 5 mile walk challenge this week.
  • spgabby86
    spgabby86 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Week 3 Day 1
    Evening everyone, hope you'll had a great day.

Calories under
    Water over
    So I didn't have much choice with my foot so I went with Plan A

3 sets of 21's
    3 sets of 12 Swimmer's Presses
    150 punches (pretending I was punching the stupid saw)
    I managed to walk almost 1/2 mile not quite sure you would call it walking though hobble might best describle it.
    Also did 200 of the weekly crunches

Surprising my foot doesn't hurt as much as the rest of my body, my trainer tried to kill me today. Why he thought I would like 1 legged squats when I hate the others so much is beyond me but my leg is like jello at the moment. I love my hubby for getting me a Personal Trainer for 2 months but I think they are both trying to kill me to get to my insurance money, LOL.

Remember your are stronger than you think.

So love this post...I'm glad to hear that the foot is not holding you back too much...just remember to not over do it...

You are done such a great job...keep up the terrific work.
  • luvmybeebees
    luvmybeebees Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    Hello again...my (self-imposed) guilt wouldn't let me go to bed without finishing the team challenge! So, after I got upstairs I did another 50 crunches to make my 100 for the day!

Good nite everyone!
  • trimom63
    trimom63 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Wow!! Fantastic night everyone!!!

Jae...Just making sure that you know that JULES shot you there...not me!! Her aim is a little sideways... :tongue:

Renu....Enjoy that empty nest for a couple of days...take advantage of YOU TIME!!

Randi..Great to see you're getting your workout in despite the overtime situation....food choices...well, you KNEW you could do better, that's half the battle!! ;)

One-eyed Jackie: Leslie is great!! I do "Four Fast Miles" whenever I decide I don't want to go to the rec center!! Gets me a good sweat going!! Great job today!!

Crystal: Tim to cancel your insurance and see if they STILL work you to the bone (so to speak!! ha!)!! GREAT job staying with it even though you have an injury...I bow to your tenacity!!

Jackie: Great job resisting ice cream!! It would have been calling my name...ear plugs, ear plugs!! ;)

Noelle: Fabulous job on that 5 miles!!! That's fantastic!! How did you feel afterward?

Gabby: Outstanding work today...you rocked it!!

My first day REALLY back with it was good....hard after a nice relaxing weekend to hit it hard, but I know I have to!!
    Cals under...check!!
    Water over....check!!
    Hi Impact Challenge exercises......check.....LOVE 'em!!!
    5 miles....check!!
    Crunches....well, the only crunches I did today was on popcorn for a snack!! :blushing:

Time to go home...I had to come down to work to do something, so that's done and I get to gooooo...yea!!
    G'nite mateys!!
  • AmerTunsi
    AmerTunsi Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Week 3 Day 1

Plan C - Accomplished
    Under cals and over water!
    100 crunches

Spgabby- I hope the foot gets better for you soon. But wtg on sticking with the routine and the PT!
  • PandaFit450
    PandaFit450 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Jae...Just making sure that you know that JULES shot you there...not me!! Her aim is a little sideways... :tongue:

Hahahahah!!! Now if it'd been you I was aiming at Jill ..................... :wink:
  • PandaFit450
    Options
    Week 3 Day 1

Plan C - Accomplished
    Under cals and over water!
    100 crunches
  • jmh35slh
    Options
    Greetings!

I am under calories today,water goal met.

Went with plan B today, and got 50 crunches in today.

Got 2 miles in, and I ran 1/2 mile in the middle somewhere!

In our house, as a little challenge, we are going without sweets this week :noway: Let me tell you, when the twins had thier ice cream tonight, I REALLY wanted to give in and have some too, but I didn't....LOL!

Have a wonderful Tuesday!
    I llive for my Skinny Cow ice cream! Only 100 calories....and so many flavors to choose from. You've got to give it a try-then you can have your ice cream and eat it too!
  • jmh35slh
    Options
    Hiya team -

I'm on Plan B, but I'm flipping the days. I have a hard time doing the longer walks AND the leg/core work, so I'm doing the walks with the upper body work, and will do the core work on opposite days.

Today, walked 5 miles...no stopping. Only the 2nd time in my whole life I've gone that far. It was pretty tough, both mentally and physically and I really wanted to quit at about 3.5 miles on the treadmill. Someone please tell me that it gets easier......

Did the upper body work for tomorrow, and tomorrow will do the Plan B core work.

I'm not sure where all that puts me with the extra challenge stuff, but I'm keeping a big sheet going, so I should be able to sort it out by the end of the week, and report accurate numbers.

Calories good today, even without the walk. Water's still a challenge, but I got it in.

Catch ya Tuesday!
    Noelle

FANTASTIC!! 5 miles on the first day!! And it does get easier. Pretty soon you'll be wondering how you could have ever thought 5 miles was tough!
  • scapez
    scapez Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    Was really busy last night and didn't get to catch up so...

Here's W3D1:

Calories - Under
    Water - 64 oz.
    Exercise - Plan B (my hamstrings are STILL sore today!!!)
    Crunches - none yet
    Cigs - 0 (is anyone paying attention???!!!)

Scallywag Sherri signing off!
  • PandaFit450
    Options
    GOOD MORNING MY TREASURES

There's stormy weather here in the UK!!! Just right for us fiesty wenches!!

Rumour has it that fatty's within sight.............
    So, let's get em!!

Plan A (Low impact) – Back to strength training!

Da y 2 - Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes (just like the song in school) Begin with your arms above your head while standing (or sitting) and 3 sets of 15 reach high, touch your shoulders, touch your knees and then reach as far as you can to your toes as you can get. You'll be touching them soon enough! Rest for 1 minute in between each set. 3 sets of 20 Kicks (While standing or sitting) Raise your leg as high as you can and kick forward. (Remember don't pop/snap the knee) 3 sets of 20 Side Bends (While standing place your hands on your hips and bend to your right side and then your left side, as far as you can bend, that will count as 1) Rest and go walk for 10 - 20 minutes. Remember today you are taking one more step than you did yesterday, you are going to go one more square in the pavement, one more street sign, one more house, one more block, one more tree, one more minute whatever you use to measure but go one more!

Plan B (Mid Impact)

Day 2 – 3 sets of 15 swimmer presses, 3 sets of 15 wood chops, 3 sets of 21’s, 3 sets of 15 lawnmowers

Plan C (High Impact) - Overboard in October exericses - but longer!!!

Slow Pushups
    Begin in pushup position on a ball or floor. Perform 4 pushups, abs in and back straight. On the 5th pushup, lower halfway down and hold for 4 counts. Push back up and repeat the series - 4 regular pushups and 1 half hold. Repeat for 60-90 seconds.

Plyo-Jacks
    Begin with feet together and jump up, taking feet out to the side while circling arms overhead and land in a squat. Jump up and bring feet back together, circling arms back in. This is just like a slow jumping jack, but really use power when pushing up into the jumps. Repeat for 60-90 seconds.

Walking Lunge
    Start at one end of the room, holding weights if desired, and step forward with right leg. Bend both knees to 90 degree angles, lowering body into a lunge (keep front knee behind the toe). Bring the left foot forward and step into a lunge. Continue lunging, alternating legs for 60-90 seconds..

Jumping Jacks with Front Kicks
    Do one jumping jack. After you jump the feet back together, bring the right knee up and snap the foot out in a front kick (don't extend the leg all the way, but keep a small bend in the knee). Do another jumping jack and kick with the left foot. Continue for 2 minutes, alternating jumping jacks and kicks.

Wall Sit with Chest Squeeze
    Hold a medicine ball (or just press the hands together if you have no equipment) and slide down the wall until your thighs are parallel to the floor while squeezing the ball. Hold this position and keep pressure on the ball as your straighten the arms out in front of you and slowly pull them back in. Repeat the chest squeezes in and out for 60-90 seconds and stand up.

Ski Jumps
    Stand with feet together. Bend the knees and jump to the right as far as you can--think of jumping laterally rather than vertically. Land with soft knees and immediately jump laterally to the left. Repeat for 60-90 seconds.

March in Place
    Aren't you tired? Take a few seconds to catch your breath.

High Jogs
    Stand with feet together and hold arms straight out in front of you at mid-torso level. Jog in place, bringing knees high enough that they hit your hands (don't lower hands!). Repeat for 60-90 seconds.

Triceps Dips
    Sit on a chair or bench with hands next to the hips. Lift up and take the hips forward, just in front of the bench. Bend the elbows and lower down until elbows are about 90 degrees. Squeeze the triceps to push back up and repeat 60-90 seconds.

Pushups/Side Planks
    In pushup position (on knees or toes), perform one pushup. As you come up, shift weight to left arm, twist to the side while bringing the right arm up towards the ceiling in a side plank. Lower the arm back to the floor for another pushup and then twist to the other side. Repeat for 60-90 seconds.

AND Week Three Weekly Team Challenge -
    Same water and calories challenge plus 500 crunches/sit ups for the entire week! No groaning you can do this! Make sure you perform abdominal stretches after the crunches. They are key to a quick painless recovery. You can do the crunches anyway you want 100 a day, 50 in the a.m. 50 at night or all 500 in one day. Its up to you!

AND walk, run, jog 5 miles this week all at once. No break , No stopping!

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!
  • trimom63
    Options

Hahahahah!!! Now if it'd been you I was aiming at Jill ..................... :wink:

Then you STILL would have hit Jae!!
  • trimom63
    Options
    Cigs - 0 (is anyone paying attention???!!!)

I AM!!! How much you add to your fund so far now?? You've been without for a couple of weeks now, at least, haven't you??
  • PandaFit450
    Options

Then you STILL would have hit Jae!!
    Some Captain you are, hiding behind Jae!!!! (See how I didn't make a rude comment there!!!! But you know what I'm thinking :tongue: )
  • PandaFit450
    Options
    WEEK 3 - DAY 2

Plan C (High Impact) - Overboard in October exericses - DONE
    Water - DONE
    Under Cals - DONE
    Crunches- 150 DONE (250 in total)

Good luck my wenches!!

:wink:
  • jaeone
    jaeone Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    Hi team!!
    Completed plan B mid impact.
    Water over
    Calories under!
    Walked 2 miles
    100 crunches
    Yay team hidden treasures!
  • littlemount
    Options
    Week 3/ Day 2-
    Plan A- Done
    Water- Done
    Calories- Done
    Walked- 90 minutes moderate paced.

Slightly getting used to the silence.A nice thing happened last night my daughter always tells me good night before she sleeps, she took the teacher's cell and texted me good night from her camp, that was so nice of her.