Best Protein Shake

Options
2»

Replies

• CoraGregoryCPA
    CoraGregoryCPA Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    I had this problem too!

I went to GNC or some athletic store and just bought one of each premade drink that was suggested to me.

I liked EAS the best-chocolate fudge the best. Muscle Milk isn't that bad either. I have to drink the pre-made drinks because I can't stand the powder smell.
  • recesq
    recesq Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    The best tasting chocolate shake I've tried is Jillian Michael's believe it or not. I think the real key is like others have said, what you mix it with. I'm low carb so I use 2 scoops, cup of ice, 8 oz water and a splash of half and half. And I always use a blender. First time I drank it I thought I was drinking a choc malt shake. Its that good.
  • Madiann
    Madiann Posts: 177
    Options
    Bump
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    Yes. The Optimum whey is the same way, Very good tasting. Ice, banana, cup of milk and 1 scoop of powder in a blender. It's VERY similar to a normal chocolate shake.
  • KavemanKarg
    Options
    Yes. The Optimum whey is the same way, Very good tasting. Ice, banana, cup of milk and 1 scoop of powder in a blender. It's VERY similar to a normal chocolate shake.

Yepz
  • StrongerJess
    StrongerJess Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    The best tasting chocolate shake I've tried is Jillian Michael's believe it or not. I think the real key is like others have said, what you mix it with. I'm low carb so I use 2 scoops, cup of ice, 8 oz water and a splash of half and half. And I always use a blender. First time I drank it I thought I was drinking a choc malt shake. Its that good.

I am going to have to try this...thanks!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,708 Member
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition is my favorite brand.. I feel they have the best flavors, tastes, and consistency.
    Same here. All their stuff in made and manufactured by them and not a 3rd party. Also all their raw materials are from the US and not China.

I take Nitrocore 24 and 100% Gold Standard whey in chocolate for both.
  • joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    The best tasting protein powder I have had (and I've tried many) is hands down:

XF Ultra Peptide - Lemon Cream Pie

(you will thank me later)
  • MissMaryMac33
    MissMaryMac33 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition is my favorite brand.. I feel they have the best flavors, tastes, and consistency.
    Same here. All their stuff in made and manufactured by them and not a 3rd party. Also all their raw materials are from the US and not China.

I take Nitrocore 24 and 100% Gold Standard whey in chocolate for both.

See and I've tried just about everytype out there..and Optimum, gold standard and nectar are the 3 I hated the mosted...

This is why no one can tell you what will taste the best.... get samples! There are tons of places that send samples. NashuaNutrition will send samples of lots of different types, and there are lots of other sites that do the same.
  • riccoismydog
    riccoismydog Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I just bought the Jillian Michaels chocolate shake....I love it. It's not chaulky, and it tastes really really good. I drink it with milk or by itself just blended with some ice...no banana or anything else needed. I'm going to buy the vanilla one next.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    My personal preference is OPTIMUM NUTRITION for one main reason: it's made in the US and they harvest their own raw materials and manufacture their own products.. The majority of protein powders are manufactured by 3rd parties and the raw materials come from overseas, usually China. With no regulation, I can't really feel fine taking in a product that might be nothing but filler and possible contamination by other ingredients.
  • Chrissycandlelady
    Options
    I have been using Visalus nutritional supplement since June now and I love it. It can be used as a meal replacement when mixed with milk, as a recovery drink when taken after a workout or just as a snack for added nutrition. christinestlaurent76.bodybyvi.com
  • EPICSRT
    EPICSRT Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I really like the Body Fortress Chocolate from WalMart. You can't beat the price and it tastes great blended with skim milk and ice.

This is what I buy too. I get the pure whey isolate. My local Walmart only sells the vanilla and I will mix it with water or almond milk. As stated ^^^^ best I've found for the price. No fat, 2g of carbs, 1g of sugar, 30g of protien at only 130 calories.
  • buddha5050
    buddha5050 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I like optimal Nutrition. But as it has been mentioned that taste is subjective at best. What-ever protein you choose make sure it is of high quality or percentage. To figure this out look at serving size (usually in grams) then devide that by how many grams of protein per serving you will end up with the percentage of whey in the powder. You want to shoot for over 75% but the higher the better, it can also cost more too.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    I have been using Visalus nutritional supplement since June now and I love it. It can be used as a meal replacement when mixed with milk, as a recovery drink when taken after a workout or just as a snack for added nutrition. christinestlaurent76.bodybyvi.com
    Can't solicit sales here. Against forum rules.